• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PETA's New Campaine To Rename Fish "Sea Kittens".

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
How the hell do you litter train a 'Sea Kitten', that's what I want to know.
How the hell does a Sea Kitten wash themselves? THEY'RE IN FRIGGIN WATER FOR GOD'S SAKES!

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
^ This reminds me of that Futurama episode where the Planet Express ship gets pulled underwater. "That just raises even furthur questions!" - nothing about being underwater made sense, like a house catching fire, so how a "kitten" is supposed to wash itself in the ocean is a mystery.

Last edited:

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
I guess they want us to call magikarp, "magikittens" next.

7eeveelutions

Master of the Skies
They're crazy.
I never liked eating fish much but naming them "sea kittens" wouldn't make that much of a difference to me.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Oh My. this thread (And the Epic thread IMHO) should be in the Misc rule section for best threads this year (So far).

akash

group playing dirty by targeting

"People don't seem to like fish," a notice on the site reads. "They're slithery and slimy... Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy... When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover."

Is the group playing dirty by targeting the emotions of impressionable youngsters?

PETA is well-known for its no-holds-barred activism, including the infamous red-paint attacks on people wearing fur coats and its 2003 "Holocaust on Your Plate" campaign, in which the group compared factory farming to the Nazi genocide. Some campaigns have failed but others, like "McCruelty" and "Murder King" have raised awareness and even brought change, the group says, taking credit for new animal welfare practices at the two fast food companies

I was going to comment on the amount of repetitive and spammy posts here, but it's awesomeness makes up for it.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/book.asp, The stories are messed up, the second last one is my favorite XD.

Propaganda, mein Freund, propaganda. These people will stop at nothing. They are targeting innocent children as well! These kids will be emotionally scarred after this. After reading this crap, how will they understand that fish is just a normal thing for people to eat?

Anyways, naming them Sea Kittens just makes me hungry for more. And Chuck Norris agrees.

They're hypocritic nutjobs. And they support a terrorist society.
Terrorists? PETA supports terrorists? Osama=Al Qaeda Leader... Al Qaeda=Terrorists... PETA supports terrorists... PETA=Al Qaeda... PETA's Leader=Osama? I knew it! I knew, knew, knew that Bin Laden was the leader of more than one bunch of idiots!

Last edited:

Charduck

I wanted ketchup!!!
When I look at a piranha I don't see a lovable "sea kitten" i see a blood thirsty killer. Even though it doesn't exactly live in the sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.