• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PETA's New Campaine To Rename Fish "Sea Kittens".

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are just signing the petition for lulz, I would if I could be bothered.

The thing is, I could campaign to rename Victoria Beckham "Mrs Blobby" and get, what, 5,000 signatures?

People just do this kind of stuff, apparently a few years ago when there was a sensus of what religions people believed in Britain so many people started taking the piss when they filled out the form that "Jedi Knight" came close to becoming an official religion. xD

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Franciscolebeaux.jpg

My Sea Kitten, Franciso le beaux, approves of this campaign.

Now I'll sign the petition in a sec, just need to finish this sea kitten...I mean, the old variety were tasty, but these new ones taste so much better. =3

Last edited:

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
It said in the "Sea Kitten Stories" section that eating fish makes you an idiot, literally.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

"Tara the Tuna is frisky and playful, and she loves to squeeze herself into tight spaces and snuggle up close to her sea kitten pals'

Something tells me Tara the Tuna should really be called something else...

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
It said in the "Sea Kitten Stories" section that eating fish makes you an idiot, literally.

Too bad fish is actually healthy for your brain. :p

Those idotically healthy brainless geniuses over at PETA! =X

We need a less-radical PETA, like maybe PETA Light, or something. A group with the right sort of activism, but also the right sort of self-control.

Ninterror X

The bird brain.
We need a less-radical PETA, like maybe PETA Light, or something. A group with the right sort of activism, but also the right sort of self-control.

yay, the day that PETA actually has common sense and intelligence is the day I get an Shiny ??? Arceus (WHICH IS NEVER!!!! D=<).

ZF911

It would be funny if this passes. Just think, 20 years from now, kids will be eating cats because they think they'll taste like fish. I totally hope this blows up in their faces.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Don't kittens eat sea kittens?

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
This is insane... rofl

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
"sea kittens"?

So, this is to make them more likeable, eh? Well, one thing they seem to have missed is the HATRED of cats. Sure, there are some cat lovers, but according to any cartoon you look at, cats are reviled as conniving, anti-man's-best-friend, neighbor-waking, baby smothering monsters who cruelly devour all things cute, including, guess what, fish.

Oh God, don't get me started on this. This always used to peeve me. You can assume just because of their demeanor as far as a villain is concerned that it'd make sense because of their counterpart household pet, but whenever they're used in anything, they're always the antagonist, and when they are being victimized, they always end up losing, or being a Pepé Le Pew rape case.

QQ.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Nice, now I look down on them a whole lot more.

Fish are brainless creatures who don't give anything to us except food, which we have plenty of.

You can't just change the name of something that people have called it for centuries. It just... won't happen.

Stupid animal extremists. Bleagh.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
Nice, now I look down on them a whole lot more.

Fish are brainless creatures who don't give anything to us except food, which we have plenty of.

You can't just change the name of something that people have called it for centuries. It just... won't happen.

Stupid animal extremists. Bleagh.

They have a brain, it just doesn't meet our standards of an intelligent one. I don't think they're stupid, I just think that they think animals have feelings and view the feelings of those animals. That's why they try to stop animalslaughter.
However,

It still doesn't change how good the chicken tastes.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
All of you guys making sea kittens without water bowls are cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.