• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PETA's New Campaine To Rename Fish "Sea Kittens".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

Mortal

Antjelly

Even though I do support PETA, this is over the line.

I believe that if the animal isn't endangered, you're going to use most of it, and it isn't tortured, that it's fair game. A fish is a fish, kill all the ones you want.

Dattebayo

Banned
Seriously, PETA, what the heck? Renaming fish "sea kittens" will not stop people from eating them. Eating fish is supposed to be good for you body, but PETA refuse to believe that because they think animals deserves the same rights as humans do, including the domestic ones.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Okay, this is just really screwed up. I mean, for how many thousands of years have we called these animals fish? They sure as hell aren't gonna change anybody's minds about it.

I live in Maryland, on an island in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay. I go fishing quite often, as well as crabbing. Hell, my Calculus teacher runs a charter fishing service during the summer. Fishing is here to stay. Ain't nobody gonna change that.

I mean, if we weren't supposed to eat fish, then why did God make them so tasty?

Profesco

gone gently
I'll foil them all with a kitten wearing a scuba suit.

Then I'll watch their plans fall to pieces like flakes of a seakitten's crispy skin...

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I've seriously tried my hardest to be open-minded about PETA. I like what they stand for. But some of their campaigns are just ridiculous and downright annoying.

This is almost as bad as that one woman who legally changed her name to a PETA website URL...

Last edited:

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I'll foil them all with a kitten wearing a scuba suit.

Then I'll watch their plans fall to pieces like flakes of a seakitten's crispy skin...

I think sometime within the next few days, someone's going to pull up a picture of that.

...And might I suggest cooking your seakitten using cedar planking on a grill. That makes for quite a tasty meal.

pkmnhippy

Banned
It's not like you can pet a fish

"Like their surface-dwelling cousins, the land kittens, sea kittens enjoy being petted. Their lack of arms makes it difficult for them to pet back, but they often gently rub against each other as a sign of affection."

From the site, another one of those fun facts.

Man eat things walk on 4 legs eat everything after hit with rock.

Seriously we've eAten fish and meat since the stone age and it aint chainging now

pkmnhippy

Banned
Man eat things walk on 4 legs eat everything after hit with rock.

Seriously we've eAten fish and meat since the stone age and it aint chainging now

We have killed people since the stone age and it aint chainging now.

Did you read the news story properly? It's just a Campaign to reduce fishing for kids. The tally is now up to 4414.

Last edited:

Zazie

So 1991
Don't Kittens like to eat fish?

PETA really does need to stop with the stupid campaigns. I honestly think they may be doing more harm then good. Last thing I heard about them they were telling Ben and Jerry's to use people milk for their ice cream. There has to be a better substitute for cows milk but apparently they have to go with the stupidest idea they can think of. If PETA wants to help animals they should focus on the facts and not sensationalism.

Yogurt

"Like their surface-dwelling cousins, the land kittens, sea kittens enjoy being petted. Their lack of arms makes it difficult for them to pet back, but they often gently rub against each other as a sign of affection."

From the site, another one of those fun facts.

Wow lol. That almost makes me sick

heh

Last edited:

kochoupink

butts lol
This website is so freaking cute! I named my sea kitten Gertrude. She's a trout.

Now if you excuse me, I have some serious sushi to eat.

Edit: The girl hugging the fish is officially my facebook default.

Last edited:

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
PETA's hilarious distant ancestor
Anyway, even if the name changes, I'll still call the buggers fish.
And what do we rename people after PETA gets ****** off about a form of Cannibalism where people is stuffed with dog, land-merpeople?

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
Don't Kittens like to eat fish?

PETA really does need to stop with the stupid campaigns. I honestly think they may be doing more harm then good. Last thing I heard about them they were telling Ben and Jerry's to use people milk for their ice cream. There has to be a better substitute for cows milk but apparently they have to go with the stupidest idea they can think of. If PETA wants to help animals they should focus on the facts and not sensationalism.

What.

The.

Hell.

PETA's more ****ed up than i thought.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Are.... are they serious?

If they are, they're idiots. If not.. they're hilarious idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.