• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Petition for the official Serebii League

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunar22

Da Boss Nigg@
Hello, as you can tell from my username, I am Lunar22, a previous challenger and champion to the OSL.

This thread has been constructed to inform you of the OSL greatness to the site as it nears its One year debut onto the Serebii forums. This is being posted on Behalf of the current staff of OSL.

Many people believe that the OSL, being one of the solid main attractions to the forums deserves to have its own forum due to many positive attention it brings to us, the members of serebii.

The Official Serebii League is a competitive pokemon battling league founded by by The OSL Committee. It is very active, alot of fun, we have a solid foundation, strong players, and it is the hardest challenge Serebii has to offer to the competitive battlers who live in the lush green forum that is Serebii. I feel that we should have our own subforum for a few reasons.

First off, the league brings much positive attention too the site and serebiiforums, but often is ignored on the main site and even can go nonexistent to new people on the forum that hadn't previously heard of it due to it being lost deep within the 4th gen competitive battling forum.

We have very strong support for the OSL. The mods Silent Storm, Bald Wombat, and Archangel I am sure would appreciate a subforum as they are the ones who work hard on the OSL and make sure it thrives. However, they are not the only ones. The challengers, the gym leaders, the E4, would appreciate this.

It brings positive attention to the forum, brings up activity to the competitive pokemon community, and it would give the competitive players something more to look foward to. Gen 5 is coming up as you know, which is the best time to get this subforum. Alot of players new and old will really enjoy the OSL, and a subforum will help us become more known. A subforum would also make finding the OSL a lot easier, there have been complaints about it being tedious, or just plain hard to find the OSL. A subforum would definitely fix this problem and as I mentioned earlier would make the OSL, and competitive battling in general, more popular due to it being a lot easier to simply come by instead of specifically searching for it.

It is a great learning experience for competitive battling. A lot of the more experienced battlers are usually willing to help the newer ones and the league itself already helps numerous players become much better. Heck, when I participated in it, I feel I have gotten alot better. The Official Serebii League has alot of nice people, is a great place to make friends, and we are a constantly growing community with alot of potential.

Please read through this sample thought of members who currently take place in the OSL experience.
Afterwards, please cast your vote onto the Poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.