• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pets are like Pokemon

khouji

Okay, now it's the time for talking about animals, which can be really close to your heart (pets) like pokemon, but some of you can really afraid of them. Are there animals which you really are afraid of? Or is there something that you love? Do you have any pets? Want to tell us about it/them?

khouji

I am planning to go on a vacation with my dog/ buddy since no one is available to look after him while I'm away. I've checked online some items that my dog might need while we are traveling. Good thing I came across this dog travel accessories which has many varieties for a dog. Can you give me some suggestion on what kind of travel accessoriy is perfect for a 2-year old female lab?

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
>Pets are like Pokémon
>I want to have Mewtwo as my buddy *wink*
[img139]https://i0.wp.com/www.careiphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/wtf-meme-face-memes.jpg?resize=236%2C236&ssl=1[/img139]

...Anyway, I have three cats, the oldest being 16, the other two approximately 8 years old. We've had the third cat for four years now, we adopted her and she's the most needy, attention-seeker of our cats, she'll headbutt you if she wants to be petted. She also will run up to you if you open a new package of string cheese because apparently her previous owner must've given her string cheese. :rolleyes:

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
>Pets are like Pokémon
>I want to have Mewtwo as my buddy *wink*
[img139]https://i0.wp.com/www.careiphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/wtf-meme-face-memes.jpg?resize=236%2C236&ssl=1[/img139]

...Anyway, I have three cats, the oldest being 16, the other two approximately 8 years old. We've had the third cat for four years now, we adopted her and she's the most needy, attention-seeker of our cats, she'll headbutt you if she wants to be petted. She also will run up to you if you open a new package of string cheese because apparently her previous owner must've given her string cheese. :rolleyes:

>using greentext arrows
Didn't expect to see that here.
Your cat sounds just like mine. Does she also kill anything that moves and eat all the parts except the intestines or eat only the head?
And the third cat sounds like my fathers old cat that loved eating Utz brand cheese balls (the ones in the giant plastic barrel).

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I like animals a lot. :) I have a pet dog. His name is simba. His breed (as we know, dogs have so many of them :p) is a shiba inu. He's almost 11 now. He's still very healthy and filled with energy :)

I've hurt over not having more than one pet in the past. I've wished to be able to help animals in need too. My heart pours out to the sad and suffering a lot...I'm not really allowed more than one animal right now as i live with my mom still, even though i'm a grown woman. I'm autistic and can't live on my own at all yet.

I like the cuteness of animals a lot. I used to look at baby animals pretty often, and still really enjoy looking at my lisa frank coloring books for them nowadays :) I'm a huge fan of cuteness overall, really.

I don't fully see animals as like pokemon, though, since pokemon are probably a lot more dangerous than any real animals on this planet. Thought of that tonight. Read some pokedex entries.....how do 10 year olds even HANDLE these things?! O___O;;;

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
I like how Pokemon and animals are so alike yet so different. Pokemon could be a bit like supernatural pets, but more understandable to us humans than supernatural has been generally perceived so far. I like however how awesome friends animals can make and that's not different to feeling I get from relationships between Pokemon and their trainers. Pokemon does bring up the negative side of it too, how some competitive people and certain organizations can be cruel at Pokemon just as how animal cruelty also exists. Experiments have been brought up too, Mewtwo as the most direct example of it but other organizations did keep legendaries captive as well to harness their power.... even if it hurt the Pokemon and others around them.

Not gonna go any deeper on that subject however because it easily slips to my feelings of misanthropy. If there is that one animal I fear...

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I've always viewed most Pokémon as animals.

I have no pets currently and the one time I did technically have a pet once (a dog) wasn't at a good time of my life. It was a small black terrier schnauzer mix puppy owned by my ex step mother who only wanted it for its cute appearance and didn't bother in actually taking care of it, something I was left to do. It was a strange puppy because it walked funny at times like it'll walk sideways. Also, he got hit by a car before and yet he kept running like it was nothing. My dad didn't like the dog since he kept pooping everywhere. One time, he made a massive mess on my dad's brand new work clothes when he came back home and my dad was so pissed that he grabbed the belt and wanted to whip him! The dog ran away in fear but as he was running, poop was coming out and left a trail. It was even worse when he'll step on his own poop on the carpet floor which would smudge and made it a bit of a challenge to get it out. I'm not sure what happened to him. I think my dad let him run free one day and left him to be with nature. :p

About 2 years ago, when I was still paying bills with only my brothers, my oldest brother's ex girlfriend bought him a husky puppy for his birthday. The little thing kept getting into everything and loved playing with socks. One time, as I was cooking with a friend, I had a half of stick of butter on the table. By this time, he has grown much bigger but was still a puppy. He just casually took the half stick of butter and ate it when I had my back turned. I was wondering where the butter went until the friend pointed out that Puppy took it and to my amazement, he ate it like it was a snack! I was a bit annoyed and it didn't surprise me when he threw it up a few hours later. Now he knows not to eat butter. I forgot to mention that he was always mischievous but smart too. He usually stays in the basement where my brothers were, or sniffs around the kitchen, but sometimes, he goes upstairs and visits me in my room. One time as I was making up my bed, I set my laptop (that was open) on the floor for less than a minute just to put a sheet on my bed and Puppy pisses on my laptop!! I give him the evil eye and he hightails it out of my room and back to the basement. He knew he was in trouble! I guess he didn't like Pewdiepie (I was listening to him as I was making up my bed.) The puppy sadly went to another family shortly after my oldest brother and his ex broke up a few months after my brothers got their own apartment and got into a heated argument on who will keep the puppy.

I do want to get a pet in the future when I'm able to. My only fears is making sure I can financially take care of another life and be there for it when it needs to attention. The only other animal fears I have are stray dogs since you don't know what kind of diseases they have and they can really hurt, even kill you if they're in a pack. Also, no wild animals like tigers or alligators as pets please! Some people seem to think that if you nurture and take care of the animal since it was born, that means it won't harm you or anyone else when that's far from the truth. Wild animals have natural instincts and will see you only as a piece of meat for their lunch if you let them or feel threatened.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
You'd be surprised at how pokemon-esque animals can be, even wild ones can act in a way not unlike their fictional counterparts. It's just that a lot of people don't tend to pick up on animal emotions as much. Like, you'd be amazed at how thankful bees are when you find them exhausted on the ground and offer your hand out for them to crawl up on. I know it sounds fanciful, but most of how I imagine pokemon to act is pretty much based off of the animals I've encountered in real life.

I have two cats - a mixed breed called Minnie and a Bengal cross called Ezra (who is also a girl). They're extremely different from each other. Minnie is old, but has a huge heart and she acts a bit like a teddy bear, while Ezra is almost human in the way she acts. She's very smart (in fact we dread to think about what would happen if she had thumbs!) and extremely aloof, in fact I liken her to the pokemon Purrloin considering they're both influenced by the leopard.

The other animal I have is a gerbil called Skip - who is possibly the sweetest creature I've ever met. He'll be turning seven in June this year, so he's almost lived double the amount if time a gerbil usually lives for. He was one of those cases where he chose me, rather than me choosing him as a pet. See, he'd been in this pet store for about a year when I met him, and nobody could take him home because whenever they attempted to put their hands in his enclosure he'd bite them. heck, the staff even warned me about what he was capable of and showed me their battle wounds, but that didn't deter me. I assure you Skip has never once bitten me, and we're practically joined at the hip. I'm pretty sure it's why he's still alive - love can go a long way sometimes ~

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Much like wild Pokémon, many pets can be a bit unpredictable. For example, my dad's girlfriend has this Chihuahua who hates humanity so much that she'd make Mewtwo look like a hippie or something. My dad had a chocolate lab, who put up with all the Chihuahua's crap rather well, who lived to be about 14 and a half before we had to put her to sleep in late 2015. I honestly felt that the Chihuahua was going through the stages of grief (pacing, sniffing, whimpering, not barking her head off or trying to kill anyone), but by Christmas that year, she was back to her sociopathic old self.

I also had leopard geckos prior to me going to high school. I went away for a trip during the summer, and one gecko ATE the other the night before I got back.

We also went through three hamsters between 2006 and 2012. One of them did literally EVERYTHING in her wheel. She would bring food and bedding up there (to eat and sleep), she'd run in it at night, and also used it as her toilet. Hence why we called her Stinky (because she stunk up everything in the room).

My mom has two dogs. One of which is a JRT who developed some sort of cancer in one of his paws and we had to amputate the whole leg a while back. He taught himself to use his head as a kickstand when he has to mark his territory.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I would try my best to train a Pawniard, even though their nature means they'll always be lookin to cut somethin up. Maybe i'll teach it to cut my lawn, or chop up some vegetables or meat when I cook.

hevenson

I have always thought pets are like pokemon in a way that pets are your companion. Sure they are not contained in pokeballs and are not used in battles but you sure have a connection to them!

LadyTriox

I see me and my dog as having an ash and pikachu/korrina and lucario type of bond :) Especially since he's the only pet i live with.

The day he die's will likely be one of the very worst days of my life, if not the absolute worse already. :/

He is almost 11 now, though. However, he still seems very healthy and energetic. I see him defenetly having at least 3 or 4 years left :) Since he's a smaller breed, maybe even 5 years.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
My Jack Russell Terrier was given to us on Craigslist for FREE, because his original owner felt bad and didn't want money for such an energetic dog that he couldn't take care of due to a full-time job. Ironically, a few years later, the JRT developed aforementioned cancer (see my previous post on this thread), and the surgery was about 4 grand. If we didn't detect and amputate it soon enough, it would've killed him.
EDIT: Once I accidentally let him run away. We looked everywhere. We gave up, and then ten minutes later he was scratching at the front door. We only had him roughly a month at that point. Smart doggo!

Last edited:

LadyTriox

My Jack Russell Terrier was given to us on Craigslist for FREE, because his original owner felt bad and didn't want money for such an energetic dog that he couldn't take care of due to a full-time job. Ironically, a few years later, the JRT developed aforementioned cancer (see my previous post on this thread), and the surgery was about 4 grand. If we didn't detect and amputate it soon enough, it would've killed him.
I'm really happy you were able to save that wonderful animal's life :)

I haven't really grown up around animals a lot, I may also mention, but I did have a bit of a bond with our neighbors' cat as a kid, and helped care for him every so often. His name was Cousin Woo. He was cool. He was an orange tabby, as well :3 He was probably the closest thing to 'a pet' that i had as a child overall xD

gentwoer

I taught my Jack Russell growl, tackle, agility, and roar. Not sure if that's a good move pool or not. It doesn't always listen to me probably because I don't have the appropriate amount of badges.

oshawott7

cat burgler
My boyfriend and I have a dog named Max. He's a Beauceron, a french herding breed which is fairly rare outside of France. He's the most beautiful dog I've ever seen and although he is difficult at times I love this breed and will stay loyal to it. Unfortunately he is very dog aggressive and will sometimes lunge at people or I would be able to do a lot more with him. Thank goodness both my boyfriend and I have worked with dogs professionally because he is definitely not suited for the average dog owner.

We also have 7 snakes (5 ball pythons, one hognose, one boa), a scorpion, a crayfish, a betta fish, a centipede and over 20 tarantulas. The tarantulas are his because I'm very scared of them lol. It's weird since I'm not afraid of the scorpion, I even picked it up but spiders are still a big no for me.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
id love to have a Gardevoir and a Flygon as actual pets in an ideal world. pokemon aside, ive owned 26 betta fish as pets in the past 7 years or so (3 still are around/alive). sometimes i had 3-4 at one time but now i stick to 3 at a time in 2 tanks (1 5G tank is divided for 2 fish). i also have a crested gecko since december 2011 and he's still alive, O.O time sure passes by fast. i must admit im a bit afraid of him as of the last year as he's in his time where he should have a mate to release the tension but i dont plan on getting a female gecko atm. he can be rather aggressive at night and bite me, he cant draw blood but its a good bite on the right spots where there isnt a bone to stop his mouth from compressing too much.