• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Petunia's Sprites

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
Well, I'm new to spriting, these are my first ones ^^ I hope you like them.

Please give me constructive criticism. And tell me what you think.

Re-colors

Tyranitar.png
Gardevoir.png
Kyogre2.png
remarowak.png

Fusions

Luvtu.png

Revamps

slashrev.png
marillre.png

Last edited:

Sabonea_Masukippa

I can't hep much with the re-colours or fusion, but the revamp, maybe I can give you some advice. You've used the original shading of the outline which is a big turn off more most people. Try to copy the style of outline shading used in the DP sprite for better results. The solid black outline with a few brown/yellow pixels looks weird with DP colours.

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
I'm not too good with shading- obviously, I'd like to make my own sprites, but I need to get better with shading, so I'm going to add more re-vamps... I'll try fixing the outline once I gget time.

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
I edited the outline on the sandslash, I hope it's better, if not I'll just keep trying until I get it right... I also revamped a marill, hopefully I did good.

sandslashre.png
marillre.png

Last edited:

Universe Chaser

Trust me, I'm a cop.
Nice recolors, the revamps are okay too. AS for the fusion, the quality is good, but I can't really tell what you fused with Luvdisc. The only changes I see in Luvdisc are the added wings.

Bert

Untitled
It's a Luvdisc / Xatu fusion, I reckon.

Now, C&C, yes....well.
The recolors are perfect really, you kept the shading, recolored the outline, saved as .png, nothing bad to say about that. The orange outline on TTar is slightly too bright, so get that fixed. The fusion is technically good, but you chose two (spriting-wise) worthless pokémon to fuse (altough Xatu has fusing potential, you could copy - by which I mean scratch :) - the patterns on Luvdisc. Either way, if you'd choose better pokes, it'd be good. Revamps, yes, well the shading is fine, good even. But as somebody mentioned before the outline is wrong. You fixed it with the Sandslash and the Maril looks good as well now tough. On the Marril, it's left ear (your right) looks flat, because you didn't separate it from the body, a few more pixels of body outline before the ear would fix that.

In general, if these are your first, I am most impressed. I hope I've been of help and keep'em coming :).
~Bert

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
Nice recolors, the revamps are okay too. AS for the fusion, the quality is good, but I can't really tell what you fused with Luvdisc. The only changes I see in Luvdisc are the added wings.

xatu wings, I was short on time, I'm going to make more when I get time.... I'm really more concerned with revamps, thats what I need to work on.

It's a Luvdisc / Xatu fusion, I reckon.

Now, C&C, yes....well.
The recolors are perfect really, you kept the shading, recolored the outline, saved as .png, nothing bad to say about that. The orange outline on TTar is slightly too bright, so get that fixed. The fusion is technically good, but you chose two (spriting-wise) worthless pokémon to fuse (altough Xatu has fusing potential, you could copy - by which I mean scratch - the patterns on Luvdisc. Either way, if you'd choose better pokes, it'd be good. Revamps, yes, well the shading is fine, good even. But as somebody mentioned before the outline is wrong. You fixed it with the Sandslash and the Maril looks good as well now tough. On the Marril, it's left ear (your right) looks flat, because you didn't separate it from the body, a few more pixels of body outline before the ear would fix that.

In general, if these are your first, I am most impressed. I hope I've been of help and keep'em coming .
~Bert

Yes you are right Luvdisc/Xatu I just chose two random #s and thats what I got xD

Thanks, you really did help expect a LOT of updates the next week, its my Thanksgiving week so I'll be able to /sneak/ on and make more sprites ^^ (I'm allowed 45 mins of cpu a day normally)

Shuam

righteous
Try doing more... fusing on your fusions, however, i really like the recolors.
Good job.

-Shuam

Rikku

you're so mean! :@:@
Well, I'm new to spriting, these are my first ones ^^ I hope you like them.

Please give me constructive criticism. And tell me what you think.

Re-colors

Tyranitar.png
Gardevoir.png
Kyogre2.png
remarowak.png

Fusions

Luvtu.png

Revamps

slashrev.png
marillre.png

Wow,i especially like the gardevoir and the kyogre,Erm..is kyogre is a colour from shiny rayquaza?lol,I think it is correct.

arcanine lover

Whee........ *thonk*
I love your sprites. But the Luvdisc/Xatu splice is a bit plain.

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
Wow,i especially like the gardevoir and the kyogre,Erm..is kyogre is a colour from shiny rayquaza?lol,I think it is correct.

I forgot what Black pokemon I used for Kyogre... hmmm =/ That was the first one I made, took me a bit to finally upload that.

I love your sprites. But the Luvdisc/Xatu splice is a bit plain.

I know, I was going to add more, but I ran out of time, then forgot what I was going to add... I'll make another tonight.

Try doing more... fusing on your fusions, however, i really like the recolors.
Good job.

Like I said- I tend to be short on time, I'll be making more tonight. Thanks I think I've got the hang of Recolors....