1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pewter Gym - The Biggest Crisis Ever! (DPSP2)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chronicles & Specials' started by Serebii, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Pewter Gym - The Biggest Crisis Ever!

Having returned home from his journey with Ash through the Sinnoh region to become a Pokémon Doctor, Brock soon finds that home isn't as relaxing as usual as the Pewter Gym is about to be hit by an official inspection. Brock has to put his plans aside to help sort the gym out for the inspection...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Wanizaru

Wanizaru Well-Known Member

Latias? Now I want to know more about this!

3. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

First battle is Brock vs Joy, Chansey vs Sudowoodo, Brock lost.

4. ^ASH^

^ASH^ Beginning Trainer

I think Joy refused to battle Forrest when Brock said Forrest is the Gym Leader and said that only Flint and Brock are officially the Leaders
    So Brock has to battle her to save the Gym from closing, I think... and his Sudowoodo just lost to Chansey

5. Grassmen

Grassmen Novice Breeder

Nurse Joy has some problem with the gym. Maybe because Steelix isn't actually a rock type?
    And Brock loses to Nurse Joy badly.

6. playerking

playerking Not in the mood.

Thought it would be chansey, and that brock would lose, attract is a good move. Also, joy wouldn't battle forrest, was it because he was too young to be a gym leader?

What moves did Chansey use?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  7. ^ASH^

^ASH^ Beginning Trainer

As I said, she refused to battle Forrest cause he's not really the Gym Leader (officially only Flint and Brock are)
    Brock insisted to save the Gym and let Forrest be the Leader so he had a talk with Joy and she agreed to give them a chance, during that time the other Joy who's a real nurse had some problem and Brock adviced her to use Moo Moo Milk in a case like this, then he talked about wanting to be a doctor... and now it's Forrest's Rhyperior VS Joy's Latias
    EDIT: and Forrest lost... now Rhyperior is hurt and Brock asked to get berries and Pokémon food for it... now Joy says Brock will be a good doctor and that Forrest gave her a good battle, so she's ok Forrest being the Gym Leader now

8. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

I'm happy Brock lost, really. If he really couldn't beat a Chansey with his Sudowoodo, I don't think he deserves to be Gym Leader :x

9. playerking

Not officially, probably because he's too young, i mean Brock did say he could run the gym, but it wasn't fully official, so another nurse joy, so i guess the first one was a PIA, if so, it made sense.

10. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Latias won. What a battle, Latias was very powerfull, Rhyperior managed to lose even after using Mega Horn and Dig, but the Ice move eliminated him...
    Forrest deserves to be a gym leader

11. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

cut the guy a little slack, we all know how "crippling" attract can be, plus he's been studing to be a doctor which could've definitely effected his concentration.

12. playerking

Chansey was powerful, so no-one beat Nurse joy at all, oh well, i still say Forrest isn't a good leader, but whatever.

13. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

From what I read I'm pretty sure he did become one ^_^

Well yeah, and if he wants to be something else, then he definitely shouldn't be a Gym Leader. I'm happy with Brock for losing, because now he can stop being a Gym Leader (officially I guess... since he hasn't been one for years anyway, haha) and do what he really wants to~

14. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

How does that make any sense, couldn't beat a Chansey ? whats wrong with it? specially from a Joy with a Latias...

15. pokefandt

pokefandt Well-Known Member

I think the reason people are upset is because this is literally the first major non team rocket related battle Brock has been in for a LONG time and he gets thrashed.

16. KKInu

KKInu Well-Known Member

For the record, as soon as I realized the Nurse Joy owned a Latias, I didn't expect either Forrest or Brock to win, regardless of what other Pokemon she might use.

Cut Brock some slack people. I would've loved it if he was given a better send off but really....

17. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

He wasn't upset, he was saying Brock lost to a Chansey, making it seem like Chansey sucked and didn't belong to an extremelly strong trainer who had a Latias.

I was annoyed that thet didn't show all the other of Brock pokemons like they showed Dawn's, y he doesn't have only 6 still it wouldn't hurt to show them, the writers should think a little when doing this kinda of thing though, I would assumed Forrest tunes his pokemon to the challenger in question, if not I feel sorry for the little kids with a starter pokemon getting trashed by Steelix and Rhyperior.

18. Sayho1234

Sayho1234 Well-Known Member

LMAO!

10char

19. Nacreous

Nacreous Leveling Up

That Latias would've fainted like 3 times if the battle was in-game>.>

It took too many Megahorns and still survived

20. Cris~Wigglytuff~

Cris~Wigglytuff~ elite wigglejiggle!?

Where can i watch this episode? ~