• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pewter Gym - The Biggest Crisis Ever! (DPSP2)

I didn't mind that the Pewter Gym was fixed and looked the way it did in season one, but you'd think that Brock's mom would've been upset by the change since she was the one who made it all colorful. Also, Nurse Joy's Latias was OP as heck. Poor Forrest.

Leonhart

Imagineer
For starters, I was so glad that the Nibi Gym looked nice once again, and Joi impressed me since her Lucky was astonishing, and I didn't expect to see her own a Latias. I chuckled when Mizuho and Munoo brought home some souvenirs, and even though this was Takeshi's special, I was pleased to watch Jiroo challenge Joi with his Dosydon.

Daizy

I call you honey
When Nurse Joy used Latias, I felt so bad for Brock's brother since even his Rhyperior was destined to lose against a Legendary Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
When Nurse Joy used Latias, I felt so bad for Brock's brother since even his Rhyperior was destined to lose against a Legendary Pokemon.

I was still hoping that Latias would lose even though part of me kind of knew that Joi would win the battle. I wanted to see Jiroo pull off an unexpected win since we hardly ever get to see him battle, and I was just relieved that he used his own Pokemon instead of borrowing Takeshi's Haganeil again.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
This was honestly a really good special. Brock earnestly studying to be a doctor and supporting Forrest as the Gym Leader was great stuff for him, and the whole Gym inspection plot both made sense and was interesting to see. It’s always neat to see how the Pokémon world operates, especially Gyms and the technicalities and rules around them. Contributes to the greater worldbuilding which is something that post-DP and pre-JN series’ struggled with comparatively.

An ex-Nurse Joy being this super badass Inspector was extremely cool lol, seeing her take out Latias was like wtf?? I thought the battle was genuinely very good; definitely surprised me that they went so hard here. I like how Forrest didn’t win but still put up a fight, it went back to when Joy said that winning didn’t matter, it was the approach and attitude that counted.

The pictures that Brock had of everyone made me smile. Cute detail

vondecayle

This special was great. This is probably the third time we see a Nurse inspector if I’m not miscounting, which is great, I like when the anime writers come up with creative jobs that exist in the pokemon universe. Brock looked incompetent in his battle against the inspector, I felt they were trying to accentuate that he is better as a pokemon breeder and future doctor. Loved the battle between the badass Nurse Joy and Brock’s brother. For a moment I was afraid it was going to be a short knockout because of Latias, but the battle choreography turned out to be pretty good even if he lost in the end. I loved the soundtracks they used for the match!