• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[PG-13] Cyber Guardians [Sign-Ups]

innerDesign

@Billy Mays- For some Dave Strider action click here

Also updated the weapon use

Last edited:

Absoluna

Black Version FTW!
Is that better?

I'm a girl, BTW.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
@Absoluna - Ah, I didn't know that. Anyway, your sign up looks great. Calamity is Accepted.

Absoluna

Black Version FTW!
@Absoluna - Ah, I didn't know that. Anyway, your sign up looks great. Calamity is Accepted.

That's ok. It's not like you can see me.

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Name: Halt Tezze

Power: Kenetic Manipulation. This power lets Halt, with his gauntlets, have the ability to 'charge' his punches with more Kenetic force. The more force he charges, the longer it takes to charge. He can also impart this as a blast wave, through punching the air, though these are significantly weaker than actually punching the opponent.

Weapon: A large pair of gauntlets, known as the Vextech Gauntlets.

Weapon Description: A pair of gauntlets that appear to be steampunk in design and execution. THe gauntlets in the image to be exact.

Summon: Black Rock Shooter, from Black Rock Shooter

Appearance: Halt has had a painful time growing up, and only measures, at most, a short 5’2” and weighs in around 100 pounds maximum. He keeps his head down a lot though, so he seems shorter. His hair is a shade between black and violent, appearing black unless looked at from the sides, as the dye he used wasn’t that strong. The tips of his ears are slightly pink from the dye at times, but mostly are normal shades of pale. His nose and ears are button quality, and Halt is constantly reminded of this from women. His eyes are a soft cyan, though with his low head posture, it’s uncertain when one will be able to see his eyes.

For clothing, this is one of the few things that Halt tries to keep himself. His normal shirt is modeled after his favorite game, Monster Hunter, with the trace design of the in game Rathien icon across the back. The black shirt is short sleeved. His pants are long and black, with a blue stripe down the outside, and they cover the tops of his white and blue sneakers. However, despite that he enjoys it so much; he prefers to wear his favorite sweatshirt over it. It was imported from Japan, and its black that reaches about two inches below Halt’s waist. In the center of the back, right between his shoulder blades, is a large white star. Along the hood, right where it reaches to his left eye is the design of a cyan flame.

Personality: Halt is a very sensitive and shy kid, and will often run away from others that try to talk to him, or flinch when hugged or touched. When hugged, Halt brings his arms in front of his face to protect himself from getting hit, which he expects after any kind of contact he has with people. Bullies and an abusive mother have left their mark on the poor kid, but they also changed him a bit for good. Halt can feel empathy for anyone in a bad situation. Despite his dislike of physical contact, he’ll still hug someone after they break down, or just need someone nearby.

Halt is also bashful, often blushing when someone tries to compliment him on anything, which always results in him pulling down the hood of his Black Rock Shooter sweatshirt over his eyes and face to hide the blush. He’s an avid fan of anything kawaii and cute, often squeeing at the sight of a MLP plush of a filly. He also adores the Nendoroid style, a style of figures that makes possibly tough characters into adorable chibis of Japanese figures, wanting to collect them. As a guilty pleasure, he likes figma figures too, though they are often more risqué than other styles, with the females having accented chests and butts, or straight up nude. These he keeps hidden in his small room, just in case someone could see them.

Halt’s father, unlike his mother, was a great mentor, and gave Halt lessons on how to defend himself and other as well as teach him about the ‘right to live’. Similar to the Bill of Rights that was passed by congress, the right to live is a universal right given to all living creatures, and is universally understood. Cows have the right to live, but this same right gives humans the chance to kill them for meat, a favorite food of Halt’s. However, to kill something of your own species not for the sake of living is unacceptable. Halt embraces this idealology, and it becomes his berserk button. To see someone forsake the right to live from someone else is the same as forsaken the killer’s own right to live. Halt becomes dark at these moments, and will beat the killer into the ground, till they are on their last legs.

History: Halt was born along the East Coast, up in Maine, to what appeared to be a normal family of a mother and a father. However, behind the closed doors of the large house they inhabited, Halt was the outlet for his mother’s frustrations at the world and workplace. Even as a little child, at age three, Halt was subjected to beatings. In order to keep moving every day, Halt began to talk to imaginary friends, and when he did, he found himself being the cause of the punishment, and that his friends told him that he shouldn’t fight it. Halt had no other choice, so he simply accepted every beat to his face from the bottle or fist of his mother. Halt’s father wasn’t affected as such, but merely bandaged Halt’s wounds and told Harry about the ‘right of life’.

At the age of eight, Halt began to be trained by a few of his school friends that knew about his issues, in martial arts. He took to it fairly well, but three years later, his mother found out. He was forced to stay at home for schooling, and every time he asked for something, he got a swift and painful beating. It was his life for years, something Halt can never forget. Nor can he forget the mangas he began to read on the internet. Black Rock Shooter: Innocent Soul was the first manga he ever read, and the main character, Black Rock Shooter, became his first crush. She was always so brave and noble, and she believed in the innocence of every desire. Halt loved her, and that detail about her, which he tried to bring into his own being. His mother, finally having enough with Halt, sent him with his father to California, Santa Carina. This was a good idea for poor Halt’s wellbeing.

Halt began to have a normal life with his father in Santa Carina, and eventually started to go to high school again. He started off at the school as a freshman, but was kept back till now as his mental state seemed to fluctuate constantly, as the second someone tried to scold him or put him in a physical situation, he would break down and hide his face and body, scared. Because of this, he had to held back, as letting him go forward might have had very poor backlash. Halt clung to anything he could to make himself feel better and feel good, so he turned to the kawaii, which makes him feel nice and warm.

Last edited:

Absoluna

Black Version FTW!
I have a couple of questions. What time of year does this start, and for those with a mute summon (such as mine), will there be able to be any form of communication, say, telepathy to the summoner?

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Sorry for not posting for a few days, was busy with stuff.

@deltakirumiru4 - The sign up is good for the most part, but Absoluna already took Plasma Manipulation. I'll let you make up your own power, so long as it isn't overpowered and fits with the technology theme like the other powers. Until then, Halt is Pending. Also congrats on having the first character without a nickname.

@Absoluna - I'd say about now actually, in order to make sure the timeline has consistency with what currently exists. For example, if the RP took place in 2009 Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie wouldn't even exist (as they are in their newest rendition, at least), as the show they come from first aired in October 2010. I guess March of 2013 will do.

As for Dave, what you chose is what you get. If Dave is silent, then he's going to be silent.

innerDesign

@Billy Mays- dave isn't silent it's just that they only talk through "logs", so he would talk for dialog but not much else since it's not homestuck.

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
@Billy Mays: ah, sorry about that, I didn't notice that he took it already. I added a power to Halt now, hope it's good now

Absoluna

Black Version FTW!
So, If the summon is mute, then that's what you get. Ok.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
@Absoluna - Do you mean he speaks through text? If so, he would speak normally. Do you mean logs as in prerecorded messages? I think it would be safe to assume that if he can make those messages then he can also speak. If Dave can speak, he can speak. If he can't, he can't. If you're still confused, I guess I can do a bit of research on Dave so I actually know what you mean.

@deltakirumiru4 - Looks good, Halt is Accepted.

innerDesign

@Billy Mays- Though I'm guessing you ment @innerDesign It's a web comic so the characters can't nessesrelly " talk" but when the author wants them to say something it's either in dialog, chatlog, pesterlog( online chat links) or narrative talk. So if you read further from either point that I showed you you'll get the idea.

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
I'm not very good at this, but here:

Name: Opal Williams.
Power: Magnetism
Weapon: Stun whip
Weapon description: A long, green whip made of pure energy. It can stun and electrify anyone who comes into contact with it. It is held in a small black remote with a switch on it.
Summon: Samus Aran

Appearance: Opal stands at 5'9". She is very thin, and is usually quite pale. She has olive-green eyes, and long eyelashes, with very dark eyebrows. She has shoulder length hair, which is a dark brown colour. It is very straight, and it is just about long enough to scrape into a ponytail. However, since she prefers not to drag much attention to herself, her hair is almost always down, and covering her face. She has a oval shaped face, with very definite features. She doesn't usually wear makeup at all, but she always has very big eyes, despite her staying up late. She always seems to look awake and alert.

Her sense of fashion is not very good, but she would never dream of changing it. She wears worn out silver combat boots, but as they are quite old, they are now a discoloured bronze. She wears tight black skinny jeans, with pockets on the front. She never actually uses these pockets though. She has a black vest top on, which shows off her chest. However, she usually has her arms folded tightly across here. She wears a pendant, with an olive-green stone on it. However, this olive green doesn't match her eyes, and just looks out of place on her.

Personality: Opal tends to keep her head down in class. She never really listens to what her teachers are saying, however. Most of her school day is spent drawing on her exercise books, and getting detentions for doing so. She doesn't really care though, as she prefers to be on her own. She never really got all the "Teamwork" stuff she heard about In junior school so much.

Despite this however, Opal can stand up for what she believes in. She is a strong feminist, and will get rid of any, what she call, "Sexist pigs" by punching them to high heaven. She really hates shallow girls who spend hours talking on their phones about Justin Bieber or whatever. She is usually quite sarcastic, and she tends to snap, or get angry very easily. Her idea of a good time is no school, no parents, and just 12 hours of solid video gaming.

Everyone thinks of her as the creepy loner girl, who beats up people, and she let's them. She doesn't really give a damn what anyone else thinks. She used to always tell herself that things will get better, but she eventually just gave up on that. The world hates her, and she hates the world back.

History: Opal has no siblings. She's quite happy that way as well. Her parents are divorced, but recently, her dad has gotten a new girlfriend. Jessica. Her Dad and Jessica are having a baby and getting married, but for whatever reason, Opal finds it hard to be happy for them. She currently lives with her mum. Her dad has moved somewhere else, but she has no idea where.

Her mum is barely in the house anyway, but when she is, she is usually yelling at Opal, reminding her of how she "Ruined her life". Since her mum is never home, it leaves Opal to do all of the cooking and cleaning. She doesn't mind that much though, as it's like she has her own home. Opal's grandmother is supposed to take care of Opal, but Opal has never even met her.

Opal has never tried out for any sports teams or anything, or really ever done anything in general. Her mother was always trying to get her to go to girl guides, but she hated this with all her heart. Her mother also tried to get her to try out for ballet, but opal simply refused. Girly stuff is Opal's most hated thing.

Opal got through infant school, by keeping her head down, and not talking to anyone. She did the same in junior school. However, in high school, she showed the world what she was REALLY made of, and that she was different to the shy, quiet girl they had once known. Opal tends to get into trouble a lot, and is usually in an after school detention.

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
@Janice Quatlane - Well for not being very good at this, you did pretty well. Overall it looks pretty good, so Opal Williams is Accepted.

Alright, that's six people, which means sign ups are closed. I'll start the RP either tomorrow, or during the weekend. Remember, I expect people to be active; if you're going to be gone for some time, please tell me first so I don't assume you haven't just quit on the RP. See y'all on the other side.

innerDesign

Is it just me or is every character in this role play 1. A loner 2. Has a single parent that isn't around much 3. Can get angry easily 4. Is out of fashion and 5. Is some type of video gamer ( parts 1 and 3 don't really apply to Leo as much)

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Easily angered loners are popular in RPs for some reason. Leo and Pinkie have their work cut out for them. xD

Has anyone noticed that Dave is the only male summon? xD (I'm assuming the Absol is female.)

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Easily angered loners are popular in RPs for some reason. Leo and Pinkie have their work cut out for them. xD

Has anyone noticed that Dave is the only male summon? xD (I'm assuming the Absol is female.)

Yep, he sure does. Kat is a lot more angry than she is a loner, but I guess she kind of fits too. And yeah, it's kind of funny Dave in the only non-male summon (again assuming Absol is female). We have an even spread of three male characters and three female, but five/four female summons and one/two male. Kind of odd that it's females that have the majority; usually it is the other way around. :p

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt matches those pretty easily, minus 4. Anime and video game inspired outfits are totally fashionable :p but he does have a relavent father figure, it's just...his mother is, for lack of a better word, abusive as heck.

Absoluna

Black Version FTW!
Absol is, in fact, male. Just because I'm a girl does not mean my summon is. I had a rather sexist person make that assumption the other day, that all my mons were female. :p