• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[PG-13] Knights of Unova [SU]

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Where would be an acceptable place to find a Yamask? My character can't find in in Relic Castle because it doesn't exist as that castle. I'm thinking of a cave, but which cave?

Teebird

I'm gonna have to drop out of this. I won't have enough time to balance this with work and school at the moment, but I'm still going to keep an eye on this and can't wait to see more characters. Good luck guys!

Schade

Metallic Wonder
And as the Giant Chasm recently formed, where else could i find a Beldum? lol
Removed the entire history-section.

Everyone is RESERVED.

SoulMuse: As Ysa mentioned, Volcarona is considered a god. But, there are also a few pseudo-legends running around in Unova, most notably Dragonite and Hydreigon, as well Arcanine. If you aren't sure if a Pokemon would be considered legendary, consult its Pokedex files, and also just use common sense.

Guywhoiam: Any Ability or move is allowed, including DW abilities. Well, I say "any." I mean any-move-that-isn't-learned-via-TM. So Egg Moves and Tutor Moves are also available!

wayjun: I would imagine that Yamask probably inhabit the lower dungeon levels of the Castle. The ghosts of dead kings and long-forgotten prisoners and whatnot. How cheerful. :D

Elysian: The area surrounding the Giant Chasm would likely have Beldum. Just east of the town that will become Lacunosa.

thesilverwolf: Your SU looks good, but I'm afraid a Weapon can only have one move OR Ability. Not one of each. You'll have to choose between Overgrow and Leaf Tornado.

D

Deleted member 300066

I've already started on a sign up, with an Arcanine as a partner pokemon, I didn't realise it was counted as psuedo-legendary. I saw in the first post that if a sign up is impressive enough I can have a legendary partner, I don't quite think my post would be impressive enough for this. Would it be okay for me to post two versions of my sign up? One with an Arcanine and one with a Rapidash or a Zebstrika or something? So that if the Arcanine sign up isn't good enough, I've already got the back=up. I could keep the character's appearance, history and personality the same. I would just need to alter the pokemon sign up and weapon/armour, which wouldn't be too much work.

I'm planning on having a sort of cavalry character, mounted combat and whatnot. Arcanine seemed pretty good for that, I would have gone for Rapidash or Zebstrika but they both have stuff on their backs that looks like it would get in the way whilst riding. I'll have a look through other pokemon that look mountable.

Since I'm already working on a post, reserve please!

EDIT: Sawsbuck could work pretty well as a back-up come to think of it, although it may be a bit small.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already started on a sign up, with an Arcanine as a partner pokemon, I didn't realise it was counted as psuedo-legendary. I saw in the first post that if a sign up is impressive enough I can have a legendary partner, I don't quite think my post would be impressive enough for this. Would it be okay for me to post two versions of my sign up? One with an Arcanine and one with a Rapidash or a Zebstrika or something? So that if the Arcanine sign up isn't good enough, I've already got the back up. I could keep the character's appearance, history and personality the same. I would just need to alter the pokemon sign up and weapon/armour, which wouldn't be too much work.

I'm planning on having a sort of cavalry character, mounted combat and whatnot. Arcanine seemed pretty good for that, I would have gone for Rapidash or Zebstrika but they both have stuff on their backs that looks like it would get in the way whilst riding.

Since I'm already working on a post, reserve please!

You're RESERVED! And yes, posting two separate sign-ups would be fine. On the note of Rapidash though, I believe the Pokedex mentions that its flames only burn those it dislikes.

D

Deleted member 300066

You're RESERVED! And yes, posting two separate sign-ups would be fine. On the note of Rapidash though, I believe the Pokedex mentions that its flames only burn those it dislikes.

Okay, thanks. I also remember that Rapidash fact, but I looked through all the Pokedex entries and couldn't find anything, maybe it was just said in game? I did some research and all I could find was one record of a Rapidash being ridden in the manga and a picture of a Magmar riding one. I would probably be going for flash fire anyway, so it won't matter if I do decide to go with Rapidash in the end.

Okay, thanks. I also remember that Rapidash fact, but I looked through all the Pokedex entries and couldn't find anything, maybe it was just said in game? I did some research and all I could find was one record of a Rapidash being ridden in the manga and a picture of a Magmar riding one. I would probably be going for flash fire anyway, so it won't matter if I do decide to go with Rapidash in the end.

I could be remembering a Ponyta entry. Even if it isn't there, I think we could allow a tiny bit of fudging in this case.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
I added a few paragraphs and I think that something is conflicting, but I’m not sure what. Possibly some verb tenses.

Name: Andrea Blacker

Weapon/Armor: Andrea’s weapon is a shield, which is held with her right hand. It is golden with blue inlays radiating out from the center, which holds a strange mask of a face; this mask is in the same shape as the one that appears on Confagrigus. It functions as a normal shield if it is hit with a weapon that does not have a special ability. If a weapon has a special ability, then it nullifies that special ability for Andrea and Oscura only, and only for about an hour. The shield is oblong, and purple-grey lines seem to be in a wobbling pattern that frames the center of the shield.

Affiliation: Ersnt – Truth.

Appearance: Andrea is a bit on the short side, about 5’3”, and she appears to be a slight bit overweight until it is realized that she merely has a very thin layer of fat covering her muscles. Her fingers are slightly stubby, but none of them are crooked. She has a round-ish face, and dark brown hair that she keeps in a bun with multitudes of pins. If the hair were to be let down, then it would reach a couple of inches below her shoulders. Her eyes are green-brown. She normally wears a grey wool sweater with a grey shirt underneath. Her pants are a brown that is neither dark nor light. They are made of a tough material. She normally wears brown leather boots which hurt quite a bit if she steps on you.

Andrea’s non-ability-infused weapon is a mace, designed to crush the enemy’s armor. It is gray and there are no fancy designs on it, for Andrea does not exactly desire to be recognized as someone other than a simple Knight. It is not as long as most swords, so she is at a disadvantage with reach. The mace can be swung fairly quickly, but Andrea sometimes relies on bashing with her shield as many people have abilities infused in their armor. The handle of the mace has a good grip; throwing it would result in a near-disaster, but that would be the absolute last-resort for Andrea.

Personality: Andrea is not a person to get excited easily. She is normally quiet, but if she has something that she wants to say, then very little will stop her from voicing her opinion. She does not care if people get in her face and try to harass her because she just stares them in the eyes, challenging them. She is not very tactful, but she makes an attempt to be polite to everyone, yet she will tolerate very little and does not hesitate to tell people that they are being stupid. When people would normally panic, she is calm and collected, except when it involves lies. She cannot stand lies and, even if it is a “harmless” lie, she will tell the person off. She seems to have enough sense to be polite to people above her station, but if they say something stupid, or are about to do something that could cause many people pain, she will tell them so. She normally speaks in almost a monotone, but sometimes one can hear her become angry. She does not get caught up in hype easily and will only believe something if she is presented with solid evidence. If she gives someone a compliment, then she truly means it and is not saying it to say something.

For all of her posturing as someone who is able to criticize others easily, Andrea does not usually desire to harm other people. Although she seem as though she has no empathy for people who are in trouble or panicked, for her no-nonsense attitude knows no bounds, she truly feels sorrow for most. As she became a Knight because of her sense of justice and wish for the world to become fairer, she will try to assist people who are motivated – moping about around her earns none of her help. She can be very tolerant of young children, but once they grow up, all that patience towards them vanishes and she becomes stern. This does not mean that she is incapable of being kind to adults; she merely gives them less leeway.

History: Andrea’s family is able to trace their firstborn’s involvement in the Knights back for a few generations on both sides, so she comes from a place of relative power. Despite this, she was raised to be humble, care for those below her station, and to faithfully serve her king.

Her mother and father being Knights had little-to-no bearing on her early childhood, but once her father began to take her to the sepulcher of the previous kings of Unova, great pressure was exerted on her to become a Knight, as her parents were growing old. Her mother’s family had been assigned to care for the tombs of the ancestors of the royal line for Ghost- and Dark-type Pokemon would not stop invading the cold, damp place and placing a body in the tomb without disturbing the other bodies was difficult. They commissioned a Knight to take care of the Pokemon, but they repeatedly reappeared, as they were ghosts of the bodies in the place. The Knight was to be one with a Dark- or Ghost-type Pokemon, as they would be familiar with the tricks of the resident Pokemon. In a few years, the Pokemon stopped harassing young, foolish, nobles who were sent down there as initiation and began behaving…sorta. If the Knight took a vacation for even a month, the Pokemon would be back with a vengeance, much like grass, so they had to stay at the castle.

Andrea entered page-hood with no fuss, and she quickly rose to one of the highest spots in her class as she was determined to succeed and had the skills to do so. She made friends, but they were more of studying-buddies and not people that she would trust with her life. During that time, she always looked up to the king and argued with anyone who did not like him. She would sometimes hole herself away in the immense library, reading all that she could about Ghost- and Dark-type Pokemon as she was readying herself for taking over her mom’s job. Her curiosity was very apparent during that stage of her life.

During her the second half of her first year as a Knight-in-training, her mother took her to the crypt of the castle and tried to show her around. She ran off and came back with a Yamask, who was rather befuddled and just going with the flow at that point. Her mother allowed her to keep it, recognizing that it might become her partner Pokemon later.
So began the arduous task of training something that has quite a will of its own. Eventually, Oscura decided that cooperating was better and so obeying her trainer when necessary. The second month after she obtained Oscura, it was time for field training. Oscura made quite a fool of both when she disobeyed, clinging to the back of Andrea’s head and making bunny ears over the heads of the other trainees. The instructors tried to tell Andrea to get a different Pokemon, but she stubbornly refused in the belief that Oscura would save her if she ever got into trouble. Apparently, Andrea has talent in seeing the future, as the very next day they were sent to clear an infestation of Venipede and Whirlipede for they had been attacking travelers. During that battle, Oscura proved her worth, exterminating more of the pests than half of the class combined.

A few years later, Andrea and Oscura had grown stronger together and were ready for the Victor’s Passage trial. Their ascent was difficult, but when they encountered a Zweilous who had grown powerful from battling the other Pokemon there, a challenge that they were not prepared for started. They were pursued for days and only their wits and luck kept them from being snacks. Oscura was able to get in a lucky shot of Will-O-Wisp, but they spent the next couple of days fleeing from a two-headed dragon out for their blood and only theirs. The final battle with it was difficult, Oscura managing to stay alive through Pain Split, but that could not kill it and Shadow Ball was not very effective, but they managed to succeed. Andrea did not fret that Oscura would abandon her halfway through the battle for she knew that the Yamask was loyal. The end of the battle caused Oscura to evolve into Cofagrigus, a form that could protect her trainer with greater efficiency than before. Their reward for completing the trial was Andrea’s shield, something that they had believed that Oscura’s ability covered, but, when Oscura used Role Play, her ability changed, so it allowed for greater freedom.

When Aleksandr and Ernst had their fight over who ruled the kingdom, Andrea sided with Truth. It had not been a split-second decision; she had debated both sides and mulled over it for weeks, but she was finally able to decide because of Oscura. If she had not stood for what she had known was the truth, then she would not be standing at all.

Other: Nothing. And the Vikings set fire to the settlement!

POKEMON

Species: Confagrigus

Nickname: Oscura

Appearance: Oscura looks like a normal Cofagrigus.

Personality: Oscura is nearly Andrea’s opposite in nature, but they both share the dislike of people who cannot control themselves. She loves to scare people and trick them into doing foolish things, but she will never allow them to injure themselves. Her favorite prank (of the non-manipulating variety) is hiding in small rooms, like closets and bathrooms, and then jumping out of them when people open the door, using Mean Look so they cannot run away, and then...make faces at her captive victim. She does like to learn new things and will obey her trainer if she deems it a serious situation, but fools around otherwise. She hates cowards and cowardice, and will be especially mean to them if they err too greatly. If something, or someone, startles her greatly, she will enter a state of near-catatonia for a while and be confused on the details of the event afterwards.

She considers partnering with a Knight to be one of the most enjoyable experiences in her long life and it is certainly more interesting than languishing in the dungeon.

History: Oscura had been one of the Knights of the ancient past, a revered one, but her physical human body had long since deteriorated when she became a Yamask. She had no idea of her past, only that she had been someone respected, yet nothing more than that. The older, stronger Pokemon in the place learned that she would not back down from a fight and so challenged her to torment her. She quickly learned that out-smarting the other Pokemon was wiser than fighting them, as most of them were not eager to be tricked twice by her and would leave her alone if she escaped to another part of the underground.

Oscura and Andrea met when the latter was running away from another Yamask. Andrea had been lost and confused in the vaults beneath the castle because her mother had ignored her for a bit and she had wandered off due to her curiosity. The crypt was home to several Dark- and Ghost-type Pokemon, and while they usually stayed away from people, a few of them got it into their heads that chasing the daughter of the person who was supposed to evict those Pokemon who tried to hurt people. Andrea turned a corner and crashed into the front of Oscura’s mask, breaking her nose (Andrea’s, as Oscura has no nose). She kneeled down to cradle her broken nose and, as she lowered herself, Oscura got alarmed and used Shadow Ball. The attack hit the Yamask who was chasing Andrea and made it faint. Andrea, thinking that Oscura had intentionally saved her, hugged her and dashed back to where her father was. Oscura, rather bemused by the turn of events, went along with Andrea and her father calmly. She grew to be friends with Andrea for she had been lonely in the crypt and the other Pokemon there did not appreciate her playing pranks on them.

Oscura was unsure of what to think of Andrea and her parents at first, but soon, as they treated her well, she became closer. At first, she would do whatever she pleased, but soon she realized that she would have to behave to be accepted, and she desired that as Andrea was friendly to her. Bringing Oscura to page-school presented a problem for everyone, as Oscura would take every opportunity to harass Andrea’s classmates and leaving the Yamask at home…made for a very messy home. Practicing battling with Andrea helped get her need for interaction out, and, once everyone figured out that the worse that she was going to do was make faces at them, they became friendlier towards her. She reciprocated this.

Powers: Ability: Mummy. Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Ball, Mean Look, Role Play, Pain Split.

Other: Nothing. And the Vikings set fire to the settlement!

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I'm done editing my SU. Is it better now?

wayjun: So far so good. Can't wait to see it when it's complete!

Elysian: The history and personality sections look good, barring some grammatical errors. Also, I can't help but notice that you have both Weapon and Armor. A Knight only has one or the other, not one of each. Overall, I'd say it's a decent sign-up, but given the rarity of Beldum and its evolutions, as well as how powerful they become, I'd like to see you push it a little more. Do all of these things though, and I see no reason why you wouldn't be approved!

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
So we have to choose between weapon or armor? Or is it that only one of the two have a trait of a Pokemon and we still get a powerless of the other?

Because a Knight not wearing any armor in combat wouldn't be a very good idea. Neither would not using a weapon.

So we have to choose between weapon or armor? Or is it that only one of the two have a trait of a Pokemon and we still get a powerless of the other?

Because a Knight not wearing any armor in combat wouldn't be a very good idea. Neither would not using a weapon.

Haha, only one can have the abilities of a Pokemon. You may have noticed that I've been capitalizing the words Weapon and Armor? This isn't just for show, it's to distinguish these powered-up versions from their more mundane counterparts.

I edited the abilities and removed Overgrow.

Excellent! You are ACCEPTED!

D

Deleted member 300066

I've decided I won't bother with Arcanine, I thought it would be a good idea to mention it here, just incase anybody else wants to apply for it.

Rather than a cavalry character, I'm going to be a stealthy assassin character now, with a houndoom partner.

Is it okay to have more than one weapon? I want to have a bow but a single bow might not be great, so I was planning on adding dual daggers as well. Along with flash fire armour.

iStorm

Could I get a reserve please? This seems rather interesting.
Edit: Oh and would a Zorua or Zoroark count as a legendary or pseudo-legendary?

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@Accelgor X: If you mean ordinary weapons alongside your enchanted piece, then yes, multiple weapons are fine. Probably would be prudent for an archer to have some options for short range.

@iStorm: It'd be in the same range as the other ultra rares like Dragonite and Arcanine. Which means, you can use Zorua, but we'd like to see a really high quality SU for it.

iStorm

Alright. That's what I figured. Not sure if I can produce a high quality sign-up but I'll give my shot at it. I'll post two weapon/armor and pokemon then so I don't have to completely redo a sign-up.