• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[PG-16] Brave New World: Return of the Magi Sign-Up!

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Diamond, eh? Okay, I guess that works. I am officially reserving it then.

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
If all of these weapons have a gem base, then does that mean, by some convoluted method, I could have Halt control the physical weapons, but the logic that gems and stones are Earten based?

DVB

Philosopher Knight
@Kiruria Weapon may be subject o change.

@delta No

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I imagine most of the people in this RPG will have totally seen this character coming, even though I said I had different characters in mind for all the weapons. This one just makes so much sense given the weapon...

Name: Zuri Watkinson
Weapon: Diamond Cosmic Wand

Appearance: People like to call Zuri the "ghost", for she can be mistaken for one at first glance. Being an albino, her skin is very pale, and her eyes are such a light shade of blue that they look as if they are made of glass. Straight silvery-white hair flows halfway down her back, with slight hints of bangs on the sides. These like to blow back in a gust of wind, revealing earrings that look like inch-long amethyst spikes. Although her face is pale as everything else, it can easily turn a light pink at the sign of emotion. Otherwise her tendency to gaze off into the distance adds to the ghostly air about her.

There's nothing particularly special about Zuri's figure. Nobody's ever commented on it in any way. If anything, she looks a little on the fragile side, not being extremely skinny, but not having a whole lot of build either. She's anything but the athetic-type, that's for sure, given the only exercise she ever gets is carrying her books around school. One can easily guess that she spends a lot of time indoors, which makes sense because she's highly prone to sunburn.

Zuri has a somewhat picky fashion sense. She'll never wear anything that's yellow, brown, orange, or red (though dark red is okay), and she'll never wear shorts, tight jeans, or shoes with heels taller than two inches. Usually she considers comfort a priority in clothes, though for some reason she prefers skirts over pants. Nor does she ever style her hair differently. However, she almost always wears some sort of jewelry, always wearing at least a necklace and a pair of earrings, and maybe in rare cases a bracelet or something. She always wears a piece of jewelry that once belonged to her late mother or grandmother, in rememberance of what little she knew of the former and what little she cared about the latter.

As for Zuri's current and possibly favourite outfit, that would be a soft white blouse with a wispy pale blue ribbon tied into a bow on the chest, with sleeves that reach down to her elbows and end in frilly white lacy trim, with more light blue ribbon around the sleeve ends and the bottom. Below that would be a long skirt--one that is a bluish-grey in colour and ruffled on the bottom, with a long, silky, lavender sash tied around her hips. Below that, her legs would be coated with light gray stockings, and old-fashioned white boots that lace up down the middle. Around her neck is a pendant featuring a silver cross with lots of purple roses wrapped around it. And finally, she carries around a shoulder bag made of a misty purple cloth--this bag is just big enough to hold a textbook or two, and there's always some sort of large book in there.

Personality: Besides her appearance, one other reason why many people call Zuri the ghost is because of her relatively distant demeanour, and the solemn yet calm and mysterious vibe she gives off. She kind of drifts about the world, setting herself apart from it, a slight bit shy in terms of interacting with others, especially if they don't seem to have anything in common with her. But she is very good at remaining calm and relaxed, and she hardly ever panics in the face of danger (the most she'll do is complain about being weak). A ghost indeed--a living one, if that makes any sense.

One hallmark of Zuri is her interest in books. They are her most satisfying form of enjoyment, the one activity she can devote her focus and interest to. Zuri seems to like quiet, serene settings anyway--she hates noisy places and crowded gatherings. She likes to keep her mind in a hazy awareness, not exactly super focused, but not completely absent-minded--just a little in the clouds, with little or no worries to trouble their way through. This is almost the exact state she keeps her mind in while meditating, which she does quite often. With a highly spiritual nature, she keeps an open mind and accepts fate for what it is.

Yes, that is another hallmark of Zuri: her strong belief in magic. Some people have thought she was some sort of witch or mystic, and she considers that to be true, leaving many in mystery. Some religious people claim Zuri to have been "possessed" by the ghosts of her parents, which makes sense since they practiced witchcraft. It is true that the books Zuri most often reads are either books of shadows found in her parents' house, or fantasy novels. She believes that everyone is united by nature, and that the world has several dimensions (though she has no idea what those other dimensions are). In her everyday life, she makes quite a few spiritual affirmations, which are not so much prayers directed at herself, but blessings of various things and acknowledgements of fate.

That having been said, Zuri is thought to lead a rather depressing life otherwise. She is not one to try and fit in with other people, perhaps believing she lacks the power to do so. Indeed, though her outlook on life may overall be optimistic, the rains of sorrowful isolation have frequently caused her mind to just drift about in the wind, seeking the pursuit of her ideals and spiritual wisdom, blowing through the world rather than adapting to it. Just like a ghost wandering about the mortal realm.

Besides the above, one obvious weakness Zuri has is technology. Computers and electronic gadgets confuse her--she has no idea how to go about using any of them. She doesn't even carry a cell phone around, and can just barely handle typing up a report on her grandmother's old computer. Probably because she never watches TV or surfs the Internet, she's remarkably naive as far as news and current events and latest trends go. That or she just doesn't care about any of those things. She seeks wisdom, not necessarily knowledge.

History: The Watkinson family was not a city family--they preferred to live in the suburbs. They occupied two houses, one with Zuri and her parents, the other with her grandmother. Why separate houses? Because of religious differences--her grandmother was a devout Christian while her parents were Wiccan. Naturally, Grandma regarded Zuri's parents as sinners and devil-worshippers. Now, normally this wouldn't be important, as Zuri's parents could just ignore Grandma and move on with their lives. However, one day when Zuri was three, she went upstairs into her parents' special seance room, only to find them lying under a blanket, unmoving and cold to the touch.

This really came as a shock to Zuri, especially since it happened at a time when she didn't quite understand what death really meant. But it would remain in her mind for the rest of her life, especially given its suddenness. How did her parents die, and why? It didn't help that they had no wills either. The house remained empty, though there were many reports of the house being haunted, presumably by the ghosts of Zuri's parents. In her youth, Zuri visited this house often, but she never found her parents there. What she did find was the many books they had, which were mostly myths and old fantasy novels, and books on all sorts of magical topics. She had not quite understood what was going on whenever they performed a magic ritual (which was more like a ceremonial prayer, not involving anything too spectacular), and since her parents weren't bothering to contact her for some reason, reading these books was the only way she could get a clue as to what their spiritual practices and other aspects of their life were like.

From then on, Zuri lived with her grandmother. Grandma thought Zuri's parents got what they deserved for following such an "evil" faith, and was all too glad to take Zuri in. However, she was not at all pleased about her ventures into her parents' house, worried that they would have an evil influence on her. It was true that she found the spellbooks in their house particularly interesting. She even tried to use some of the spells on her classmates, threatening to put curses on them if they did anything bad to her. Grandma eventually found out about this, and carried out her standard punishment: saving her soul. Or at least attempting to.

But on the other hand, Grandma was a very kind and gentle person, though she did have her rules and a way of convincing others to follow them. A part of Zuri knew that Grandma really loved her, and she felt really guilty rebelling against a fragile old woman, especially by the time she was almost done with high school. It was also around this time that she realised the virtue of not harming others, that it was wrong to put curses on people and make magical threats, a concept universal to all religions it seemed. She learned about this virtue in church, of all places. Still, though she visited her parents' house on occasion, she still heard nothing from them despite continued claims of hauntings there. Sad, for she really liked the magical wisdom that came from their faith, as many of the concepts applied to nature and harmlessness.

But then, just before she graduated from high school, her grandmother died. It was a peaceful death--she simply died of old age--but it was still sad, because at that point Zuri had no living family left. Nobody to take care of her anymore, no real company at all. By that time she was legally an adult, and thus didn't even have to have any foster parents to deal with. She was on her own then.

Though Zuri still had a house to live in--her grandmother left it to her--it was a sad and lonely summer. Even when she was in college, she still distanced herself from many of the other people there. Even though she was never on best terms with her grandmother, her loss created an empty space inside of her, one that longed for something in her wisdom and caring nature despite her religious views. In college, the people she interacted with the most (which still wasn't very much) were people at the library at which she worked as an assistant, and this young man named Diego who seemed to be very interested in her. She had known him ever since high school.

And still no successful conversation with her parents. Every Halloween night she performs a ritual to try to contact them, but nothing ever happens. She only saw but a brief vision of them, a vision of them standing on opposite sides of a bright blue flame, on the night when her grandmother died.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Whoa....I still have a hard time seeing Zuri with something other than a bow. XD Hehe...still cute though. XD

Whuch makes me want to ask you guys...which type of bow do you guys see Julia using? Longbow or crossbow? XD

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Hmm...I have to say, I don't see her being very distant and longbow shooty in terms of combat. A crossbow,with a shorter more gun like range, makes a better fit

DVB

Philosopher Knight
You know, I really have to put how the weapons are. It's going to be a long bow.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Julia is the opposite...of course she prefers canines. XD Plus...she's the only girl who isn't Italian.

Cadence likes puppies too. Any kind of cute animal. xD

Which is funny, because usually it's the reverse. :p

Hey as long as the Wood Axe is "pretty", then I'm fine with anything. Most of the axes on Gaia look like something a serial killer would use. >.<

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Of course the axes would look crazy. Axe Crazy XD

Though as long as the Amber HAMMAH is bigger than Halt, which isn't hard to do, it'll be fun xD

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Just a note, I'm pretty sure that counts more as a harpesh than a shotel

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I'm the GM. I decide how they resemble. And I shoulld have noted that to begin with, regarding hwo they look.

Garnet Fire Sword- Resembles two-handed claymore.
Amber Earth Hammer- double sided large hammer
Topaz Thunder Lance- Large conical jousting lance.
Emerald Wood Axe- Double sided axe with ornate nature patterns
Sapphite Water Staff- Long bo staff with sapphires lined
Ametyst Air Bow- longbow with no quiver and enchanted bow
Diamond Cosmic Wand- 2 foot long ornate diamond wand with 6 sided star on it.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Two handed claymore, huh? Got it.

Just a note, I'm pretty sure that counts more as a harpesh than a shotel
Harpesh? Never heard that word before. You mean khopesh, or shamshir? In either case though, no, that image I linked to is specifically a shotel, as they resemble sickles more than anything, and the aforementioned two swords don't have as big a curve as it has. They are all "sickle-swords" though, and related.

\offtopicbutweaponsarefun

Last edited:

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Ah, sorry then. I meant the khopesh, but then again, I'm not big into weapons as much as I used to. Thanks for clearing that up Golden

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Ametyst Air Bow- longbow with no quiver and enchanted bow

I think you mean enchanted arrows? Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. And there you go, Monster Guy. The axe is all pretty after all. As for the wand... a six-sided star? Do you mean a six-pointed one, or a three-pointed one (which would have six sides, sort of like a compressed hexagon)? And I'm assuming that star would be made out of diamond and make up the tip of the wand? Sorry for being nitpicky...

And, to address Jean Grey, to be honest, I always thought it weird for Zuri to wield any sort of weapon, even something ranged like a bow. The only "weapons" I can really imagine her with are magic-oriented ones; in other RPG's she's typically had an athame (which is why I suggested a dagger as the weapon for the Spirit element) or tarot cards. Since she's definitely oriented towards magic rather than physical attacks, and since she never had any ties to archery in real life, a wand seems to make a lot more sense for her. I do recall her using arrows more like wands sometimes in Echo of Time.

Oh, and besides the weapons, DVB, it might be a good idea to at some point detail each of the elemental powers the weapons have. Will this be done when the characters receive the weapons in the RPG, or what?

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I can work with that. It makes a difference considering who's using it. xD

Use your imagination and pretend it's green. >.<

Oh, and besides the weapons, DVB, it might be a good idea to at some point detail each of the elemental powers the weapons have. Will this be done when the characters receive the weapons in the RPG, or what

I believe he said he'd do that if/when we get approval for a discussion thread.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Sorry, been hanging out with a good friend. Should start doing that today or tomorrow. Today I have work and I need to clarify payment problems

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Hmmm... wondering when to start with Delta and Kiruria not going to be on much in the upcoming days...

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Kinda hiatus until delta comes back. So I'll prepare a short RPG in the meantime.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Well, with Harry back, we can start this. However, I need to know by the end of today who is still in and who isn't.

If I don't hear from you, I will assume you will drop your position.