• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Phase One: Rain

Utopian

faults & feats
Phase One: Rain

186.png
612.png
381.png
462.png
639.png
385.png

Introduction
This is my first RMT. Ever. I have decided to make an RMT for my most successful team that I have ever built in my wonderous career playing this addicting game.

I have fallen in-love with dragons at the time I made this team so I decided to make a 4mag2drag team. But if you know me, you know I play like a moron and make some crazy sets. So I made a variation of 4mag2drag; adding rain into the mix.

The team is very simple. Set up and win. Literally.

Team Building Process

612.png

The team was originally built around one of my favorite mons, Haxorus. And I get an added bonus due to his wide movepool and monster attack.

612.png
462.png

Since this team would be a 4mag2drag team, Magnezone has to be in there. The combination of Haxorus's pure power and Zone's ability to quickly remove steels is devasting.

612.png
462.png
381.png

Furthermore, I wanted another dragon, one that has a solid, diverse movepool + good power. Latios fits this description nicely.

612.png
462.png
381.png
639.png

Terrakion is part of my "2-Check" combo. Terrakion can checks a **** load of threats to this team (other dragons and Volcarona). With 2 power STAB moves (Stone Edge, Close Combat), there was no way that I wasn't going to abuse him.

612.png
462.png
381.png
639.png
385.png

Hax Goddess Rachi. The second mon in my "2-Check" combo. This little frowned upon mon is a badass with the right set. And provides good synergy with Haxorus and Latios.

612.png
462.png
381.png
639.png
385.png
186.png

My final mon was Politoed. Simply because I wanted to negate my opponent's weather. As you can see, non of my mons actually benefit from rain except my Zone.

The Team

612.png

Gladiator (Haxorus) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance

Set: This set abuses all of Haxorus's power. If I see that my opponent has slow mons (or a stall team) then I will use SD and procede to sweep. If they have a more balanced team, I will use DD and try to OHKO and damage as many mons as possible. Outrage for dead out STAB and Earthquake + Mold Breaker hits everything else.

Role: I will lead with him 70% of the time. Here's a senario:

Jets sends out Haxorus.
Player B sends out Tyranitar.

Haxorus uses SD.
Tyranitar uses SR.

Haxorus uses Dragon Dance.
Tyranitar uses Crunch.

Haxorus loses 40% of his health.

Player B switchs Tyranitar with Scizor.

Haxorus uses Earthquake.
Scizor loses 98% (If this OHKO's, I win the game x))

Scizor uses Bullet Punch.
Haxorus faints.

Jets sends out Magnezone.
(sub charge beam that generic crap).

Once scizor faints. All I have to do now is KO his Ttar and possibly any other steels so Latios can come in and finish the team.

This method has worked nearly every single time.

462.png

Triceptor (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Set: The standard set. But I chose HP [Fire] over HP [Ice] because Ferrothorn is a bigger ***** to this team than other dragons (which will be clarified later on how dragons are not a threat to this team). Thunder for Rain abuse + 30% para. Charge Beam to charge that already massive sp att (394) and HP [Fire] for those *** steels.

Role: Glue to this team. Simple as that.

381.png

Apha Eon (Latios) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Levitate
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Set: You may look at me funny on why he carries a Lum Berry. Test before you judge. No set is "bad" until you actually test it imo. But right off, no one expects to see a CM set compared to the more destructive spec'd set. But those idiots will try to bring in Blissey while I CM. And when they try to toxic/thunder wave me, I 2HKO them with psyshock. If ferrothorn and scizor are absent form my opponents team, Latios can easily sweep (can OHKO Ttar with surf if he is at a low enough HP). DP and PS for easy STAB and Surf cus boost from Rain and so Heatran fails to wall me.

Role: Dragon number 2, picks up after Haxorus has fainted.

639.png

Omega (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Set: The standard CS set. Checks so many badass that I won't even list them. SE and CC STAB. SE and EQ for quakeedge combo, and X-Scissor for those pesky lati's.

Role: The first mon in my 2-Check core that I keep bringing up x)

385.png

Delta Star (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Trick

Set: Yep, the best partner for Terrakion. This thing speed ties with a +1 Volc (492 iirc) so that's just a taste of how fast a Scarf'd Rachi really is. iron for STAB and flinch, U-turn for scouting, Fire Punch if Zone fails to do his job, and Trick to disrupt defensive mons like Chansey and Gastrodon.

Role: Part of my 2-Check combo...

186.png

Bubble Gum (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- HP [Grass]
- Perish Song

Set: I started off running a scarf set, but 3 scarf'ers were really not needed. So Smogon User Blue Star suggested a spec'd set and its been amazing. This guy punches holes in everything. Hydro Pump for massive damage thanks to STAB, rain, and specs power. Ice Beam for dem grass types that want to come in on me, HP [Grass] was used over focus blast since Jellicents and Gastrodons expect a Hydro Pump.

Role: Punches holes. Changes weather. GG.

Final Look
186.png
612.png
381.png
462.png
639.png
385.png

Importable
HTML:
Bubble Gum (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Perish Song

Gladiator (Haxorus) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance

Triceptor (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
- Thunder
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Apha Eon (Latios) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Levitate
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Omega (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Delta Star (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Trick

Last edited:

Zachmac

I'd like to note that Politoed will split the power of Magnazone's hidden power and Jirachi's fire punch in half. Now that I think about it, Magnazone is probably fine since it can still get X2 on Ferrothorn in the rain, but it still doesn't sound that powerful to me. HP ice might work, because even if Ferrothorns are a problem, if you manage to swap into an attacking move(avoid leech seed), then it won't be too difficult to get to +6 against it with charge beam. Perhaps drain punch on Jirachi?

Besides that, good team. I can't find any major flaws at the moment.

Utopian

faults & feats
I'd like to note that Politoed will split the power of Magnazone's hidden power and Jirachi's fire punch in half. Now that I think about it, Magnazone is probably fine since it can still get X2 on Ferrothorn in the rain, but it still doesn't sound that powerful to me. HP ice might work, because even if Ferrothorns are a problem, if you manage to swap into an attacking move(avoid leech seed), then it won't be too difficult to get to +6 against it with charge beam. Perhaps drain punch on Jirachi?

Besides that, good team. I can't find any major flaws at the moment.

I know that fire gets resisted, but rain will not be up 100% of the time. And I rather go for that burn chance than to heal myself (against scizor in rain) and DP fails to OHKO ferro so i still rather run fire punch to negate leech seed healing if i happen to burn him.

thanks for the rate :)

Ice Blue Dragon

I belive I can fly!
The team looks good, and I can see it winning 95% of the time. As you mentioned, toad only helps one mon, and reduces fire attacks. I see how you want to negate the weather, but most of the time you will see rain teams. Without rain, you can 0HKO (I think) ferrothorn. Even if rain is not up all the time, another Pokemon could help your team more.

Edit: with latios gone, you will have trouble with ground moves, with 3 weaknesses.

Last edited:

Utopian

faults & feats
The team looks good, and I can see it winning 95% of the time. As you mentioned, toad only helps one mon, and reduces fire attacks. I see how you want to negate the weather, but most of the time you will see rain teams. Without rain, you can 0HKO (I think) ferrothorn. Even if rain is not up all the time, another Pokemon could help your team more.

Edit: with latios gone, you will have trouble with ground moves, with 3 weaknesses.

im not weak to ground moves what so ever... politoed destroys every rock and ground mon

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
I know that fire gets resisted, but rain will not be up 100% of the time. And I rather go for that burn chance than to heal myself (against scizor in rain) and DP fails to OHKO ferro so i still rather run fire punch to negate leech seed healing if i happen to burn him.

thanks for the rate :)
If rain won't be up 100% of the time, why are you bothering running a rain team....

Anyway, this is a very good team indeed, and the only thing I can see wrong with it is a possible weakness to volt-turn, thanks to your lack of hazards, spinner and a solid volt-turn check. I suppose a bulk up breloom or a Gastrodon would work quite well. But I'd have to test the team fully, which I'm not sure I can be bothered to do in all honesty.

I'd probably drop Politoed, because it doesn't really benefit your team in more ways than it hinders it.

Aside from that, excellent job :)

Utopian

faults & feats
If rain won't be up 100% of the time, why are you bothering running a rain team....

Anyway, this is a very good team indeed, and the only thing I can see wrong with it is a possible weakness to volt-turn, thanks to your lack of hazards, spinner and a solid volt-turn check. I suppose a bulk up breloom or a Gastrodon would work quite well. But I'd have to test the team fully, which I'm not sure I can be bothered to do in all honesty.

I'd probably drop Politoed, because it doesn't really benefit your team in more ways than it hinders it.

Aside from that, excellent job :)

well politoed's main job is to just keep spamming hydro pump so my other sweepers can go in a destroy the remains, but i was thinking of replacing him with forry but then i lack a spin blocker so idk yet. And volt turn is not a probem since hax can bait sciz = zone comes in an sets up. and latios screws around with rotom-w

^^^
If your not gonna rate then dont bother posting your garbage, me? i just like mini-modding :) Good Work Jets.

thanks WS <3

Complete garbage, poorly done

aiight, battle me.

Last edited:

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
I think that this is a good team, but as already said, Rain is not super helpful. With what you say about this team it looks good.

Utopian

faults & feats
alright, everyone is complaining about RAIN, but look at the mon. politoed is a great mon in general and i will most likely keep him due to his destructiveness @ CSpecs. so please keep the rain comments away. thank youuuu

Utopian

faults & feats
That is what I meant. It could be harmful but you make it work. I'm complementing you! sorry.

no its cool man, just gettin bored of seeing the same "problem" when its really not. if rain isnt NEGATIVELY affected my team then i find it fine.

Utopian

faults & feats
nah sorry, busy atm, and please stop posting unless you have something to say about the team

gonogo

It's Over 9000!
Ice Punch > Fire Punch is something I would recommend for
385.gif
. That way, it can take out Gliscor, who is a threat to it otherwise. You're also in Rain, so Fire Punch won't be doing much at all, already that it doesn't get STAB and it sits at a meager 75 Base Power. Nice team.

Utopian

faults & feats
Ice Punch > Fire Punch is something I would recommend for
385.gif
. That way, it can take out Gliscor, who is a threat to it otherwise. You're also in Rain, so Fire Punch won't be doing much at all, already that it doesn't get STAB and it sits at a meager 75 Base Power. Nice team.

*sigh* gliscor is not OHKO'd by an ice punch and it can counter and EQ me to death. shut up with the rain and fire moves. And wtf, gliscor is not a threat what so ever rofl. politoed OHKO, latios OHKO.

Gray™

am i the only one to see the massive weakness to kingdra ?
edit:you have magnezone and scarf jirachi big deal none of of them can ko kingdra before getting killed
Draco Meteor kills Politoed,Haxorus,Latios
Hydro Pump kills Terrakion,Jirachi,Magnezone
1+Waterfal kills Terrakion,Jirachi,Magnezone might live one but still can't ohko back
1+Outrage kills well.....do I really have to go on?

Last edited:

Utopian

faults & feats
am i the only one to see the massive weakness to kingdra ?
edit:you have magnezone and scarf jirachi big deal none of of them can ko kingdra before getting killed
Draco Meteor kills Politoed,Haxorus,Latios
Hydro Pump kills Terrakion,Jirachi,Magnezone
1+Waterfal kills Terrakion,Jirachi,Magnezone might live one but still can't ohko back
1+Outrage kills well.....do I really have to go on?

thats y i dont bring out politoed derp. i have some replays of me vs a kingdra, i'll try to find one.

Gray™

thats y i dont bring out politoed derp. i have some replays of me vs a kingdra, i'll try to find one.

so you'll beat an actualy good player with 5 pokemons
ASSUMING they're not using rain dance kingdra