• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Phase Two: Hyper Offense

Utopian

faults & feats
Phase Two: Hyper Offense
196.gif
149.gif
448.gif
473.gif
286.gif
121.gif

Introduction
Hey guys. If I had to pick a play style that I hated with a passion, it would have to be Hyper Offense. Every since i started playing this stupid game in gen4, hyper offense was a style that I found very hard to play and master. The transition to b/w didn't make my chances of playing HO any better. I still hated HO in gen5. Even with the new additions of Deo-D and Espeon, HO wasn't my style. And here, in gen5.2, where the ladder is full of rain (which happens to be my best weather), I have decided to go the opposite direction and create this Hyper Offense team. Enjoy.

Team Building Process
149.gif
448.gif

I didnt' build this team with the intention of making it a hyper offense team. I know its weird right. But i wanted to use the very so deadly combo of Dragonite and Lucario. The offensive synergy between these two and their shear power to destroy teams is amazing.

473.gif

I saw tha a lot of dragons got so much stronger with the new addition of move tutors. So I looked for my right hand mon Mamoswine. He compliments dragons as well so thats another plus.

121.gif

Dragonite + Focus Sash Mamo = SPINNER. I definitely needed a spinner since that's a must for any offensive team imo. Starmie was the obvious choice here. Just pure power and the fact that it helps me against opposing Mamoswines.

196.gif

I don't know why I added Espeon to be honest lol. I just didn't want to make this a rain team or a sand team, I liked weatherless offense.

286.gif

Cause he is cool. And because having a free spore on any opposing mon is cool. Oh, and he gives me triple priorirty :D

The Team
196.gif

Espeon @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I went with dual screens Espeon. The only other hyper offense I know of is spiker stacking offense but there are way too many spinners out there and I didn't feel like putting in Gengar somewhere. Reflect and Light Screen are staples. Dragonite really loves them as screens + multiscale = broken. Psychic was chosen over Psyshock so... I don't know hit Conkeldurr? Well I don't need to hit tentacruel since the only hazard I run is Stealth Rock. Hidden Power Fire is for Scizor's and Ferrothorn's and such.

149.gif

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Dance

Standard dragon dance dragonite. I saw one of Limitless's youtube tutorials about breakers and **** and I really wanted to test his formula out. Dragonite's offensive synergy with Lucario + screens support is such a deadly combo imo and the formula tat Limitless created was underway.

So Dragonite can act as a breaker or a sweeper (term credits to Limitless). Outrage was chosen over dragon claw because the pure power of outrage is dmn right scary. Steels cant keep takin outrages from dragonite forever :p and who needs zone when I have Mamoswin and Breloom?

448.gif

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Lucario is such a boss and very underrated imo. I went for double priority but I may run Ice Punch somewhere no sure yet. Again his synergy with Dragonite is priceless. If my opponent wants to lock himself in with bullet punch while trying to take out my Dragonite, go ahead, cause Luke is gonan come in and dent alot of ****. Adamant was chosen over jolly because who needs speed when you rn dual priority. pssh. Close Combat is obvious STAB.

473.gif

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

Mamo is a big threat to anyteam. He is probably the glue to my team. While his sash is still intact, he fears no one! Adamant was chosen over jolly because Ice Shard needs to pack a punch and I have sash anyways.

This is the same set I've been running in gen5 and gen4. With the excetion of Mamo's new ability Thick Fat of course. Its really nice to know that you have a good mon to fall back into when other mons (mainly dragon's) try to sweep you.

286.gif

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Stone Edge
- Spore

Loom is actually the weakest link on this team if I had to say so myself. I may run a bulkier set but that's for you guys t decide :p (I'm not that good with custom ev's and the metagame is so wild and crazy right now that I decided to usesome standard sweeper ev's).

I orginially ran Low Sweep over Stone Edge but with the addition of SE, he can actually be useful against sun teams. And why hit an incomin faster mon with Low Sweep and when you try and kill it with SE (mainly to hit incoming tornadus-t's)

121.gif

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Pretty standard Starmie right here. But I run Psyshock > Thunderbolt (Suggested by Funk). Psyshock is a really good move ._. It helps keep CM'ers in check, most notably Keldeo and Virizion. Hydro Pump is a ***** but I need the power to break things. Ice Beam is for dragons and such. And Rapid Spin is obvously the most important move and may be one of the bets moves imo.

Final Look
196.gif
149.gif
448.gif
473.gif
286.gif
121.gif

Importable

HTML:
Espeon @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Dance

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Stone Edge
- Spore

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Hi Jets, cool team!
but sorry to say that you're Team Rawr weak
Mainly TTar + Acro Glisc ! Once Espeon and Starmie are gone, Gliscor can have fun!

Gliscor out speeds pretty much everything and can live +0 Extremespeeds from Lucario and Dragonite, maybe even +2 from Lucario and +1 from Dragonite. Only thing that can possibly beat it is Mamoswine, but DAT SAND VEIL. Or unless it's KO'd early on!

Last edited:
A very solid team you got going there.
honestly I can't see anything wrong with it, other than just try it out and see how well it does...
Have you tried a CB Mamo before? Again, not sure how useful it'd be, but just another option.

Utopian

faults & feats
A very solid team you got going there.
honestly I can't see anything wrong with it, other than just try it out and see how well it does...
Have you tried a CB Mamo before? Again, not sure how useful it'd be, but just another option.

a choiced mon on this team sucks

and sash > cb anyday

Dragon Spirit

A True Dragon Spirit
Looks like the team is fine to me. I wudnt suggest to change anything really maybe SD > Stone Edge on Breloom, losing it for something better as, or Sub > Stone Edge as if with the Spd investment Breloom is still pretty slow imo.