• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel

ParaChomp

be your own guru
3 years since they bought the company and now they produce a crossover? Worst of all, it's a weird one however it's the most practical and acceptable route. Here's an article (with a trailer to boot).

Second thread I've posted in the past 24 hours which involves the company. Okay, I love Phineas and Ferb and all (including the newest episodes) but this...

I still think the genius brothers and their colourful world would have been better suited for Kingdom Hearts as opposed to this.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
That was.... what? What did I just watch?
Disney buying MArvel probably isn't a good idea no more.

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
I'm surprised noone mentioned Buford's fanboy face in that picture.
That is seriouly....whaaaat? That is plain ridiculous they would do a thing like that, it'll ruin Marvel's reputation for good, as well.
That "lab coat" thing was pulled directly from the movie, as well. Also, weird plot....

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I still think the genius brothers and their colourful world would have been better suited for Kingdom Hearts as opposed to this.

Judging from the trailer it looks kinda fun and I wouldn't mind watching it.

I really don't see the problem here, since it seem like a normal crossover here.

That was.... what? What did I just watch?

A trailer for a fun crossover.

Disney buying MArvel probably isn't a good idea no more.

Quiet you.

Marvel needed Disney money to bail them out and if this helps kid to read the comics then I am all for it.

This will be a good crossover.

MonkeyX

The heck? As much as I love Phineas and Ferb, this just doesn't seem right. I'll still watch it, but hopefully future Disney/Marvel crossovers make more sense.

Taichi

Lol at anyone that still thinks Disney buying Marvel was a bad idea. It'd take more than a Disney crossover to ruin Marvel's reputation 'for good'. I'm not sure on this, but you guys probably wouldn't have the Avengers film if Disney hadn't bought Marvel. Disney isn't always the evil that it's thought out to be.

I welcome the crossover. Sounds like fun. For some strange reason I also want a Kick Buttowski/Marvel or Kick Buttowski/Phineas and Ferb crossover.

GalladeX

It sounds fun, but is it a crossover with Ultimate Spider-Man (the show) or just Marvel in general? I haven't watched Phineas and Ferb in ages - and even then, I've only seen like 3 or 4 episodes, but I might have to check this out.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
It sounds fun, but is it a crossover with Ultimate Spider-Man (the show) or just Marvel in general? I haven't watched Phineas and Ferb in ages - and even then, I've only seen like 3 or 4 episodes, but I might have to check this out.
Marvel comics in general. Did you look at the trailer?

As for my opinion, I'm on the fence about this but I think it's due to the more mature adaptions and characters of the Marvel franchise that are truly affecting this decision. From an a view as a fan of Phineas and Ferb, I think this will do great. From the view as a fan of Marvel comics, I think it will flop. Also, since I'm a Marvel fan-boy before a Phineas and Ferb fan-boy, I have a stronger feeling that this won't go over well.

As for why not a different Disney cartoon as opposed to Phineas and Ferb? Well, let's take a look at our other 3 candidates.

Gravity Falls has a lot of potential for a crossover with Marvel comics due to it's eerie and grotesque tone however, the show is fairly new and thus there isn't enough reception to even consider a special yet. Fish Hooks is an awful show to begin with and the only hero out of Marvel lore that would fit the environment is Namor the Sub-Mariner who I have a feeling that very few of the kids know. Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil could blend very well with Iron Man, Deadpool (awful example), Spider-Man, or the like. The problem? We get a decent and acceptable crossover but it's just more of the same of what the show still delivers. We want something fresh to be brought to the table and I don't see how Clarence using superpowers or a super-suit to preform stunts would change the show enough.

Also, I question, why is Hulk still the Hulk in the promotional picture if he had his powers taken away? Similar can be said about Iron Man. Oh well, we'll see what happens but I hope they fix or correct these errors.

Last edited:

GalladeX

Wait. If all their powers are taken...and Iron Man is there...Isn't his closest thing to a power his Arc Reactor in his chest? If that went out wouldn't he, you know, die?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
This looks really stupid.
COMIC BOOK NERD!

Wait. If all their powers are taken...and Iron Man is there...Isn't his closest thing to a power his Arc Reactor in his chest? If that went out wouldn't he, you know, die?
His suits are taken away and Phineas and Ferb fix the Arc Reactor?

Last edited:

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Scooby-Doo meets Batman and Robin! This has been done before... Only Phineas and Ferb is kinda cool where Scooby was just silly! The genre don't mesh quite right, but if anyone can make it work it's P&P
Hey where's Perry?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I can tell by the picture it's stupid.

You haven't even seen it yet or was the trailer sufficient enough to give us the whole picture.

Your logic fails.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon