• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Discussion

Mr. Lex

Engineer
greatwhitegantbyryshili.jpg

ChloboShoka

Writer
[IMG139]http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/277/8/8/Gant____SWIMMING__by_Bawlsy.jpg[/IMG139]

That picture is awesome. =D

I love Damon Gant. <3

Anyway, I love all four games. I've only got JFA, AJ and T&T though. I really like the variety of characters, the jokes, the plot twists and how simple the gameplay is. I pretty much love all the characters. <3 My favorite case was 3-5. But I love all of them. <3

degausser

In the Cookie Jar
I'm playing Apollo Justice. I have been for about a year now. The first 3 with Phoenix Wright was great and awesome and just wow. Apollo is not so much for me. :( I know characters grow but I don't like the new Ema. Klavier doesn't do what Edgey and Von Karma did for me.

But I do like the new stuff they put in, like an increased emphasis on forensics.

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
I'm playing Apollo Justice. I have been for about a year now. The first 3 with Phoenix Wright was great and awesome and just wow. Apollo is not so much for me. :( I know characters grow but I don't like the new Ema. Klavier doesn't do what Edgey and Von Karma did for me.

But I do like the new stuff they put in, like an increased emphasis on forensics.
AJ has the best opening case in the series and quite an awesome last case. Just get through the middle there.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I'm getting the first game on the DS used for Christmas. And, I was wondering if it was any good? I've read the first two manga, and they were good. I've been itching for mystery oriented entertainment. (The mystery aspect of the cases.)

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
I've never tried them, but they look kind of fun. Any recommendations?

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I'm pretty far in the first game. (Episode 4). And, I was wondering...In the first game is there only five episodes/mysteries/cases?

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Rat-ta-ta-tat-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-tat-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta!

Oldbag wins the Most Ridiculous Charachter award. Gotta love her weirdness, but it's also kinda annoying.

Hey Edgey-Poo <3

I'm pretty far in the first game. (Episode 4). And, I was wondering...In the first game is there only five episodes/mysteries/cases?

You're actually expected to go through the routine of thinking about the cases instead of using a walkthrough, thus only 5 mind-boggling cases. They're all long enough anyway o_o. I so wish one could skip the Investigation part.. I so hate it, court is more awesome ^_^

Last edited:

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Rat-ta-ta-tat-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-tat-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta!

Oldbag wins the Most Ridiculous Charachter award. Gotta love her weirdness, but it's also kinda annoying.

Hey Edgey-Poo <3

You're actually expected to go through the routine of thinking about the cases instead of using a walkthrough, thus only 5 mind-boggling cases. They're all long enough anyway o_o. I so wish one could skip the Investigation part.. I so hate it, court is more awesome ^_^

I'm not using a walkthrough.

Seiryu

Resident dragon

While that may be the intent, the player is frequently required to make leaps in judgment that most normal players wouldn't normally be able to figure out on their own--especially in court, where even just a couple of mistakes would cost you the case (I'm thinking of the final cross-examinations of Moe the Clown in JFA and Luke Atmey in T&T in particular). This wouldn't be much of a problem, except that making a continue point (at least in the first three games; I haven't played AJ) forces you back to the title screen, and you can't make one during cross-examination or when you're being made to present evidence. There's a reason the series shows up on TVTropes's Try Everything page; while figuring out the mystery on your own is fun, the fun factor is...greatly diminished, in my opinion, when the player is required to essentially guess more frequently than the character they're controlling.

Yeah, I used walkthroughs. I didn't mind; the stories and characters were still highly engaging. (Then there's the fact that I'd already managed to spoil myself as to the outcomes of the biggest cases...)

That said, I enjoyed the investigation segments, especially JFA and T&T's Magatama segments, for that very reason; I was able to work out bits of the mystery without the danger of a game over from a reckless error, and I only really consulted a walkthrough when I was too impatient to go looking through every area for some tiny piece of evidence that I missed somewhere and stuff like that. Not to mention how many of the various gags--I particularly liked the references to 300 and Ghost in the Shell--were found during these segments.

Which cross-examination is that? Don't remember that... *Is replaying all the cases again, and the only ones I haven't replayed are 3-3 and 4-3, and working on 3-2 again*

Murton

Once you were lost.
Which cross-examination is that? Don't remember that... *Is replaying all the cases again, and the only ones I haven't replayed are 3-3 and 4-3, and working on 3-2 again*

I think it's one of the last cross-examinations of 3-5, I'll go look on YouTube.