• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Photoshop Error Message

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
Alright, so I'm trying to crop an image in photoshop, but it keeps gicing me the message "Could not complete your request because the scratch disks are full."
What on earth does that mean?!
It only does this when I specify the height and width, other wise it crops fine.
It's weird, it was working just fine earlier today...

I have Photoshop CS3 by the way.

The Scratch Disk is your Hard Drive, probably C: if that is your main (or only) one. It is space used as virtual memory when Photoshop runs out of available RAM to perform an operation.

Anyway, when you input height and width, did you also specify a new resolution when using the Crop tool? Setting this too high would result in the image becoming too large, which may lead to a "Scratch Disk full" error. Remember, you should just leave this field blank if you want the resolution to remain as it was.

Is this the only instance in which you've had this error come up? If not then you could try cleaning out your temporary files in case some weren't deleted by Photoshop (after a crash, for instance), to free up Scratch Disk space. On Windows XP/Vista, "Disk Cleanup" can do this task (use the Start menu search to find it).

Edit: I found this page on Adobe's website, so have a look if neither of the above help with your problem.

Last edited:

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
Oh! That makes sense. I have barely any room left on my hard drive...
I should probably start moving all those old really big .psd files somewhere else |D (seriously, I have over 600 large .psd files just sitting on my comp. ._.)

Thanks~!