• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Photoshop Problem =P

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Hey guys. I need help with my Photoshop. Everytime I open it, it takes so long to load, so after a while, it just freezes. So when I try to X it, it tells me that there's no respond to the program. So I can't use my Photoshop if I don't get that error fix... Any suggestions? It's not going to do me much by uninstalling it, because the owner of the c-d, took it back. It's been happening for like a month... =P

Last edited:
A

an_idiot_

to be honest with you, you will probably need to re-install it, and you cant, so, well... um

get a copy of your own

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
an_idiot_ said:
to be honest with you, you will probably need to re-install it, and you cant, so, well... um

get a copy of your own

Okay... Not allow to. =P Do you know what's the problem with it? X.X

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
You could try and clear the cache and stuff... Just go under the menus and see if there's a selection that says 'clear cache', choose it. It'll likely help.

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Saffire Persian said:
You could try and clear the cache and stuff... Just go under the menus and see if there's a selection that says 'clear cache', choose it. It'll likely help.

Where's that? Sorry, I'm not a computer genius... ^^"

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
On the Windows version, I'm not too sure either... but on mine, it operates a tad different.. but you could try and see if it's in the same place. Try Edit ---> Purge --> All, that might work. XD Dunno though.. I have Photoshop Elements.. so that makes stuff different too.

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Saffire Persian said:
On the Windows version, I'm not too sure either... but on mine, it operates a tad different.. but you could try and see if it's in the same place. Try Edit ---> Purge --> All, that might work. XD Dunno though.. I have Photoshop Elements.. so that makes stuff different too.

Oh, do you me in Adobe Photoshop?

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Saffire Persian said:
It's Adobe Photoshop Elements, yes. Elements is more of a.. less expensive version..

Oh. I guess I won't be able to use Adobe anymore... It freezes during the loading part. Like it loads for a while, and then half of the pictures turns white, and I get that window that says Program not Responding. *Sigh*

Jake Dragon

Dragon KungFu Master
this happens to me also (btw i use Adobe Photoshop CS 8 ), but in my case i just wait or open another program and wait for it to load after 2- 4 minutes it start working, try it.

I think charizard has a point lol

Adobe Photoshop takes forever to load up : P (Many reasons I use Paintshop Pro, unless I'm doing something fast)

I think you just have to wait for a while and see how it goes, if it's loading up and you closed it, the program will stop responding. Give it some time and see.

If not, you will have to re-install it.

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Thanks for the tips. But no, it loads for over five mins. Then it freezes. I deleted it. Lol.

PokePaladin

Suimori bidoof ftw!
Re-install it if you have it on a CD, if not, well... It's gone...

I don't know much about image-editors...(Using MS Paint myself)

Eileen

Queen of Orudoran
- Kasumi - said:
Hey guys. I need help with my Photoshop. Everytime I open it, it takes so long to load, so after a while, it just freezes. So when I try to X it, it tells me that there's no respond to the program. So I can't use my Photoshop if I don't get that error fix... Any suggestions? It's not going to do me much by uninstalling it, because the owner of the c-d, took it back. It's been happening for like a month... =P

You should copy the setup files to your hard drive so if you need to reinstall, then you can reinstall without the CD.

Try to get a copy of the CD. If not, I suggest you to buy a copy of photoshop or Photoshop Elements.

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Yep. Definetly I will somehow get one around this year. I have to wait till my friend gets back, or beg my parents.

Pax Deorum

Tempus Vernum
Photoshop slows down everyone's PC, you just have to be patient and it will open

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Thanks for the suggestion. But it was nearly a month like that. So I just deleted it. I'll get it back one day. ^^