1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

@@ Piberius's Questions @@

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Piberius, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Piberius

Piberius Member

I once learned that If you had an attack like say Fire Blast, and the user of that attack is a fire type like say Charizard, the attack would not have have 120 power but instead 1.5 times as powerful to equal 180. 180 is superior to hyper beam and it has no side effects. I am not sure if that only works with the special types like Fire, Water, Grass, Electr, Phychic, Ice, Dragon and Dark or all of them. For instance if I had my Hitmonchan use Focus Punch, would that do 225 power instead of 150?

Another thing when you raise a stat in battle, how much exactly does it improve and what about shaprly improving?

Please only answer if you are sure of it.

2. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

first question; yes, it does work so, and it's called STAB. it works on special attacks as well.

second question; one improve is by 50%, and 'sharply' improving is by 100%.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  3. Nintendo Smasher

Nintendo Smasher Well-Known Member

You can find it here.

4. Piberius

Piberius Member

So if I were to use Calm mind 12 times with my mewtwo he would temperarily have 999 sp att?

5. #Gecko#

#Gecko# The Essential One

No, cause you can raise your stats up to 400%(6 Calm Minds), but I think it reaches that high or higher

6. DarkPsychoBoost

DarkPsychoBoost Future World Emperor

And thats why mewtwo is uber
    999 sp atk + 999 sp def = p.w.n = r.i.p

7. Mikaruge84

Mikaruge84 Well-Known Member

So that's what stab is. I've always wonder.

8. Incarnati0n

Incarnati0n Just as planned.

but don't forget that dual types only get a 0.25 bonus.
    example:
    charmeleon uses fire blast.
    120 * 1.5 = 180, because charmeleon is a fire type
    charizard uses fire blast.
    120 * 1.25 = 150, because charizard is fire/flying

and STAB works for special AND physical moves

9. milotic111

milotic111 <-- Solves any case!

Why should charizard only get a o.25 boost? Since when does flying lower a fire-attack? STAB is always a 0.5 boost, but some pokemon have 2 stab types.

10. Piberius

Piberius Member

Another thing, say my beastly Ursarang uses Hyper beam, because he is normal, does hyperbeam get boosted to 225?

11. Scepgatr

Scepgatr Well-Known Member

Yes, Hyper Beam gets STAB. All damaging moves get STAB, except for moves with preset damage (Seismic Toss, Dragon Rage, etc.).

12. Incarnati0n

i believe dual types only get a 0.25 bonus... i can remember it form the pokemon stadium 2 acadamy

*edit* sorry, i was wrong. ignore what i said

DON'T HURT ME ;_;

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  13. Piberius

Piberius Member

Seems weird that Normals would have STAB but alright. I guessing that Focus Punch is better though because it has the chance of being super effective and the enemy might not attack or they're most likely dead.

Is there a chart that list pokemon from highest of a certain stat to lowest?

14. Incarnati0n

not from highest to lowest, but there is a top 5 somewhere at smogon, but i don't have the url

15. The Mighty Wurmple

The Mighty Wurmple Well-Known Member

By the way, STAB means Same Type Attack Bonus, in case you didn't know.

16. Piberius

Piberius Member

MORE QUESTIONS :)

1. So between my friend and I we have Emeral, Ruby, Fire and Leaf. Simple question can we complete national dex?

2. Say I used exp.share on my lv 5 larvitar through the Elite 4 and used the exp to get him to 100 with out a single battle on his part. Would this be bad? Why? Is there anything I can do about it if he is at like lv80?

17. Answers in bold.

18. milotic111

milotic111 <-- Solves any case!

You can complete the dex except for Ho-oh, lugia, deoxy's, jirachi, mew, celebi. However you can get Ho-oh and lugia by buying XD and colloseum.

19. azuvipsel

azuvipsel Well-Known Member

I belief that Lunatone can only be caught on Saphire

20. sceptile33

sceptile33 Well-Known Member

You'll need sapphire (lunatone), XD(lugia), and colloseum(Ho-oh) to complete the pokedex. Except for mew, celebi, and deoxys. As of right now they cannot be found anywhere in any game.