• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pidgeot, Noctowl, Crobat, or Togetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Well it should be if you EV train its defenses.

Why would you EV train its defenses? It's paper thin so EVs won't make much of a difference. It'll get OHKOed by most hits anyways. Honchkrow is meant to max out its Attack and Speed. It's played like a suicide bomber. Dive in for a kill with Choice Band support and move out on the switch in (if it can).

Last edited:

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Get Dodrio, Honchkrow, Skarmory, or Fearow.

Coreracer15

Master of the Sea
erm...this is a hard decision o_o
you see, i mainly like crobat because of his great movepool, speed, and to use it for catching legendarys.
i like honchkrow because...well, its just all out cool. and pretty good moves.
noctowl has a great typing and moves also.
togetic/togekiss because it has good moves and is pretty unique.
but as of now, im leaning toward honchkrow/noctowl.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
But look at its defenses. No one will want to use it because they want a Pokemon with better defenses.

It's defenses aren't all that bad thanks to its HP stat and its resistances, particularly for in-game. And why won't people want to use it - have you seen its offenses? Everyone can't have stellar attack AND defense, and Honchkrow's meant to be a sweeper, so play it as such.

I think you guys are missing something here...Fearow!
No-one ever uses it, despite it's great stats and the fact that it learns Drill Peck, an extremely reliable and powerful Flying-type move.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Fearow < Dodrio < Honckrow

You just can't pass up the Dark typing with good stats and the insanely awesome STAB Sucker Punch. Order now for a free Life Orb with every Honc-

Well it should be if you EV train its defenses.

Why would you? Even if you EV train for a playthrough of the game, why would you train Honchkrow in defenses instead of Atk/SpA/Speed.

Why would you EV train its defenses? It's paper thin so EVs won't make much of a difference. It'll get OHKOed by most hits anyways. Honchkrow is meant to max out its Attack and Speed. It's played like a suicide bomber. Dive in for a kill with Choice Band support and move out on the switch in (if it can).

Honchkrow isn't all that frail, sure it can't take repeated strong hits but like you said, it doesn't need to when it can destroy stuff with its attacking stats.

Last edited:

Pokeaholic

your playing in the johto region so you should choose a johto pokemon :p
i think togetic is a great flying pokemon and also you can evolve it into a beautiful togekiss <3 !
noctowl and crobat is common

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Honchkrow isn't all that frail, sure it can't take repeated strong hits but like you said, it doesn't need to when it can destroy stuff with its attacking stats.

I don't know about you but I see 52 Def and SpDef as extremely frail. That's lower than Weavile's. Sure it has 100 base HP but with those Defenses, there's no way it can take more than 2 neutral hits.

uber9001

IN THE BATHROOM!
HONCHKROW FTW!!! As long as u ev train it in at least speed, it will PWN almost everything!

Coreracer15

Master of the Sea
hrm...:( all of the pokemon are good, and you all are saying equally good things about each one...also, im surprised nobody suggested skarmory yet. its out of the picture, though, since im getting HG.

your playing in the johto region so you should choose a johto pokemon :p
i think togetic is a great flying pokemon and also you can evolve it into a beautiful togekiss <3 !
noctowl and crobat is common

u got a good point there. i should go for a johto only pokemon since its the johto region im going through, as much as i love honchkrow... ;430;
but for now, its mainly between these two: ;169; ;176;

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Go with Crobat then. Togetic is horrible in looks and stats. It's like the mentally disabled cousin of Togepi and Togekiss.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I don't know about you but I see 52 Def and SpDef as extremely frail. That's lower than Weavile's. Sure it has 100 base HP but with those Defenses, there's no way it can take more than 2 neutral hits.

Yeah, but for some reason, the one I trained in Diamond could take hits fairly well.

hrm...:( all of the pokemon are good, and you all are saying equally good things about each one...also, im surprised nobody suggested skarmory yet. its out of the picture, though, since im getting HG.

u got a good point there. i should go for a johto only pokemon since its the johto region im going through, as much as i love honchkrow... ;430;
but for now, its mainly between these two: ;169; ;176;

If it's between those two, then go with Crobat. Togetic is just plain horrible. But once more, Murkrow is Johto, so consider Honch, it is, after all, the best.

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Did people forget all about Xatu the psycho Psycho Shifter? Give it a Flame Orb and watch your opponents run away in flames.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
^Do you get a Flame Orb before the League. Or if he can trade then w/e

Anyway, I'd like to introduce a new contender....

Hell, just for the epic coolness, use Delibird!!!

Limelusquake

In all honesty crobat i love him alot but usally he doesn't have a great movepool if u plan on training him no tm style but mainly i would see him as speed guy not really attack much ok next noctowls pretty instresting it has alot of sp def and hp and decent sp atk but everything else is meh it has a pretty good movepool but his defense and attack suck not really the pokemon to use in my opinon pidegeots stats are actually pretty well rounded but its movepool in hg/ss suck it doesn't learn a 75+ attack move till level 62 if by the time you still decided to use its highest stat is speed but lacking in sp.def+sp.atk its decent but only really good if you're looking for a nice challenge are u talking about togekiss? or togetic but i'll just give u the lowdown on both
Togekiss:is not the pokemon for leveling up its one of those tm pokemon it has so many tms you can teach it recommend sp.atk its better in that category good pokemon
Togetic:like i said for togekiss its a tm pokemon basically it learns decent moves but mainly i would go with togekiss if ur going with togetic/togekiss
ok my personal choice is crobat or togekiss their both really good crobat is very good in speed but togekiss learns alot of good moves with tms
Thanks For Reading :),
Limelusquake
Always Love AMPHAROS

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I've never had much success with Honchkrow. so my personal choice would be Crobat. Noctowl isn't bad either. Aerodactyl is also an option once you get to pewter city.

Status
Not open for further replies.