• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Piflare's Sprite Collection

piflare564

The Muffin Master
Here are some of my first sprites! I accept feedback and criticism, so feel free to comment. :)

iaza11800810035900.bmp

iaza11800875436200.bmp

iaza11800833136500.bmp

iaza11800882306600.bmp

iaza11800812031500.bmp

iaza11800874307100.bmp

iaza11800893456800.bmp

iaza11800832228300.bmp

iaza11800818350800.bmp

so here are only a few from the hundreds that I have. I will post more, and be sure yo check out my series on Youtube! Link's in the description! :p

Last edited:

Bert

Untitled
Well, your user title pretty much says it all; these are pretty intermediate. I don't find them particularly poor or good, but considering you supposedly have hundreds of sprites you ought to get better and better so either you've been doing something wrong for a very long time or you have other issues.

Anyway, the biggest problem on most of them is the outline. The Deoxys is a prime example, its outline is downright terrible. On some others (Mewtwo/Elektabuzz & Rayquaza mostly) the outline is too light in some places and too dark in others. It's a delicate balance you haven't found yet. Also it bugs me that while copy/paste'ing is acceptable to some degree (however at 'intermediate' level you should stop doing that unless it fits perfectly), you need to edit the shading when you do so, especially if you rotate/flip parts, because the lightsource will be all messed up. Best example of this is once again the dual Rayquaza.

Another problem your sprites have is that they're...overcrowded. It's a problem I see a lot of times with beginning spriters and the cure for that is - listen up, breaking news here - to KEEP. IT. SIMPLE. Hydreigon/Arbok is a cool idea but it does NOT need 5 heads, especially if you don't know where to place them, don't shade them correctly, etc..The same thing goes (perhaps even more so) for that Mewtwo/Vulcarona abomination, I can't even begin to figure out what that's supposed to look like.

However, and I hope you haven't stopped reading already, it isn't all bad news. You have some potential; the weather Mewtwo looks pretty cool (once you ignore the obvious shading problems and the fact that it's just flipped), and actually - to be 100% honest - I could see a lot of these ideas work if you fix the numerous issues they have.

For your convenience, here's a little tl;dr version:

1. KEEP IT SIMPLE
2. Practice on your outline work
3. If you're gonna copy/paste, alter the shading accordingly.

I'll need to see more to make a more definite judgment of your capabilities, but I ain't checking your hundreds of sprites on Youtube or anything like that, so either show us the best you got (if you haven't already, idk) or try to fix these the way I suggested to and then I'll have a better idea of what you can do and if and how we can make it better :).

Welcome to our spriting community.

piflare564

The Muffin Master
thanks for the feedback! and the deoxys arm outine just came like that, so i didnt know how to fix.

piflare564

The Muffin Master
here are some more recent ones:

iaza16528854003400.gif
iaza16528828125900.gif

iaza16528897215500.gif

iaza16528836609100.gif

iaza16528818924100.gif

iaza16528865217400.gif

tell me what you think.

kamionero

I like ur sprites. You definitely aren't lacking in cool ideas. The weather twins are very cool! You just need to spend a little more time on the details.
For example ur latest Lucario sprite. The tail is pasted on top of him. Unless its meant to be like a sword sheath on his side. however, if thats the case, the shading does not coincide, and makes it look like a flat horizontal tail.

I like ur fire mole, he's very cool. The outline is too bright though if you want it to look like a regular poke. If u want him to look incandescent, then the light outline works, but you'd need a darker outline on his grey feet.

piflare564

The Muffin Master
thanks for the feedback! I'll try to make them better like that.