• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pika and Goliath (542)

The second fight between pikachu and raichu was pretty awesome though.
Especially pikachu.

There was also some time spent near the end of the episode revisiting the situation with Lt. Surge and his Raichu. Probably for new viewers to learn about the scene which was several years back.

Last edited:

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
I should have guess Paul would forced Ash to evolve Pikachu, since he (Paul)only cares about power in pokemon

cookieboy13

Yay I've seen the episodes! Pikachu's second battle in this episode was the best I've seen in DP so far. And I like the new version of the ending song. They popped it like the first one. :D

May's brother

Now to the Maxtreme!
Bye bye Dustox and Pikachu, Raichu, the Road to evolution! were the best fillers in Sinooh, which is funny considering they're remakes of old episodes. o_O;

This episode actually refreshed my liking of the litle yellow rat, as until now I was very anti-pikachu. the bonding in the episode is great and the recap of the Lt. Surge episode is great too, as it seems nostalgic. Seeing as it was almost certain that we'll never see that character of the day again, I think he will be one of the few that will be remembered.

-Gazz.

yoshimori7

I was really expecting alot more effort from the writers than this. It wasn't as good as i thought it should be, abit too predictable.

Lord Dialga

The Deity of Time
I really don't care that the "mascot" of Pokemon evolving would have ticked off every kid in Japan. Only older kids like us are the real fans. This episode was another unneeded Pikachu screener, and I wish it had never been made or announced.

Jimbobson

Piplup Master
What i think is weird is, Pikachu was a little injured when Raichu beat it, then it just fainted?!?! And i cant belive Ash actually carries around a Thunderstone, maybe that could mean something for the future? (probably not)

I was surprised Pikachu almost died at the Center via shock, Joy had to break out the defibrilators.:eek:

The Thunderstone Ash had was the same one given to him in Electric Shock Showdown, my guess is that Ash kept it in case Pikachu ever changed his mind.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I really don't care that the "mascot" of Pokemon evolving would have ticked off every kid in Japan. Only older kids like us are the real fans. This episode was another unneeded Pikachu screener, and I wish it had never been made or announced.

How was it 'uneeded'? It not only clued in the clueless by explaining why exactly Pikachu is the way it is (aka. fans who haven't been watching the show since day 1), but it also helped to expand Pikachu's character a little, and considering how little it actually does in those regards, it was a much needed outing. That's not even mentioning how well choreogrpahed that battle was.

And really, if you're pissed that Pikachu didn't evolve, it's your own fault for being stupid enough to think they'd actually get rid of that cash cow of company mascot in the first place.

Cobalt_Latios

Again, I didn't really bother to watch this episode, but I'm gonna consider it now... especially after what I've been hearing about it.

I doubt Pikachu evolves, but it would be pretty interesting if it did in my opinion, namely, Pikachu itself is (usually) abnormally powerful for its species, so if it evolved, the world as we know it could very well crumble in its wake... for the exaggeration factor, but you get the idea.
Meh, the writers have the unique ability to access this cool dial that tones down Pikachu's power. How else could it take down some impressive Pokémon one minute, and the next to another Pokémon of lesser or equal qaliber?

Well flashbacks make me cry. Its amazing how Ash kept that thing all these years, I thought he through it away during the Kanto saga. Suprised that the writers remembered that episode. Ask Paul, his appearnce sure was random. Guess to give Ash a pep talk about evolving Pikachu, I'm glad the littl guy didn't though. I like its non evolved form better but that's me.
Wait... Ash had the ThunderStone the whole time since he got in the Lt. Surge episode 10 years ago? WTF is up with the writers? I knew the love to be inconsistent, but this thing was with them this whole time and they never made any mention of it afterwards? I could have sworn they just left it at the Pokémon Center when they say it. Or... that could be the bad dubbing not giving me every detail. That or I missed something.

This fandom is stupid, only an idiot honestly thought there was a chance for Pikachu to evolve. It is not going to happen.
And you've been here how long?

If they show the recap of the Lt Surge episode in the dub, could we get a PUSA redub?
That'd be assuming we're not getting a narrational recap from Ash or the like. If we do get a redub (as Maddie Blaustein voiced Surge in that ep), I really hope it's not JZ, as it really wouldn't suit him. I'm certain PUSA has the right guy just waiting to voice the part. Heck, I'm almost certain Bill Rogers could voice him if he wanted to.

- Wow, they even went as far as to reprise TR's role from the Surge match.
- And as a bonus, an entire recap of the aforementioned episode to top it all off. 11 years later, and the hysterically awful stereotype that is Lt. Surge still makes me laugh.
You know when Pokémon is highly inconsistent is when they're willing to go the whole nine yards for their own mascot and not give a damn about any of the other plot points we've noticed go down the drain this entire time. Official proof that this series is nothing more than an advertisement. A very good and well thought out advertisement. But hey, it's all good in the end.

Honestly though, they're willing to go back in time 10 whole seasons to remember an event, yet they're not willing to go back a mere 4 or 5 seasons to make references to other similar events just to go and blank out their memories.

It's official, this show is directed by a dictator...

Yah what's up with that? I thought Ash/Brock forgot every thing that happened in the past. Oh well nice to know they didn't forget every thing, its just the people they meet over the years they forget aboutXD
You just wait, the fans will have become happy that they referenced something that far back, and yet when another upcoming episode does something similar, they'll act as if they never even heard of it before. Just you wait, it will happen.

I don't know if Ash's Pikachu is gonna evolve in this episode because I didn't watch the screenshots yet. But I know one reason why one Pikachu looked at a Thunderstone.
This our Pikachu, or the trainer's Pikachu we're talking about here?

You sir, missed the whole premise of this show. Really, only older kids understand the true mechanics of the game and such. Some of the older kids couldn't care less about this show. It's all about the advertisement for the games that make this popular. Not only that, America isn't the center of this show. Thankfully, the center is in Japan, so America is in the minority my friend.

EDIT: to sort out any confusion, I don't hate the mouse. I like him, I just don't like the way they exploit him at every turn.

~C_L~

Last edited:

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I knew there was going to be Lt. Surge reappearance!!! Though it was only a flashback...

Still, the guy with the Raichu looked much cooler than your average anime's equivalent to a game's NPC.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I never expected this to be my reaction prior to watching the episode- but go Meowth! He and Pikachu have such a great relationship at times.

cyberduelistzane

i got a keldeo :3
well i knew it wasnt gonna evolve for 2 reasons
reason 1 it is one of ashes powerhouses
reason 2 is if you look at the preview of the wallace episode pika is there

Lord Dialga

The Deity of Time
I still wish they hadn't made this episode. It was a very upsetting and useless filler. Why can't they take this episode time and use it to introduce CYRUS?! This anime had better change its pace, or pretty soon, nobody's gonna be watching it.

Anyways, with that said, I hope those who hated this episode will agree that there need to be some actually heart-wrenching episodes like in the Indigo League. The Contest episode coming up is too late in my opinion, so if I were you, I'd brush this one off as a mistake and look forward to the upcoming Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness special, which will show Piplup, Chimchar, and several new Pokemon finally showing what their voices are like.

TeddiUrsa

Anyways, with that said, I hope those who hated this episode will agree that there need to be some actually heart-wrenching episodes like in the Indigo League.

Ash loosing to his clone was really a lot more heart-wrenching than the Dustox episode,...

The original is always the best!

As several people have said already, people who actually expected pikachu to evolve in this episode don´t deserve ANY brain cell in their head at all!
You are upset that the most impossible thing in the anime doesn´t happen and bash the first, good pikachu centered episode in years because of it?

I´m speechless.

Lord Dialga

The Deity of Time
Ash loosing to his clone was really a lot more heart-wrenching than the Dustox episode,...

The original is always the best!

As several people have said already, people who actually expected pikachu to evolve in this episode don´t deserve ANY brain cell in their head at all!
You are upset that the most impossible thing in the anime doesn´t happen and bash the first, good pikachu centered episode in years because of it?

I´m speechless.

First Pikachu-centered episode?! Almost every episode in the anime has been centered on Pikachu! I LOL'd at your statement.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Just because Pikachu is in every episode, doesn't mean the focus rests squarely on him alone. It'd be like saying every episode is Meowth centric just because Team Rocket always shows up, which of course isn't the case at all.
A little thought goes a long way.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Did so many people really think Pikachu would evolve? You don't kill the cash cow.

Lord Dialga

The Deity of Time
Just because Pikachu is in every episode, doesn't mean the focus rests squarely on him alone. It'd be like saying every episode is Meowth centric just because Team Rocket always shows up, which of course isn't the case at all.
A little thought goes a long way.

The episodes are always focused entirely on the main characters. Pikachu is a mascot, a main character, and cute. It doesn't need any more attention.

uber gon

Accept Change
What i think is weird is, Pikachu was a little injured when Raichu beat it, then it just fainted?!?! And i cant belive Ash actually carries around a Thunderstone, maybe that could mean something for the future? (probably not)

Dude, he got Hyperbeamed short ranged in the face, how can you NOT be injured?