• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pika Pika Sparkling Love! Poipole Spins Round and Round!! (1010)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pika Pika Sparkling Love! Poipole Spins Round and Round!!

The mysterious Ultra Beast, Poipole, appears once again, seemingly attracted to Pikachu's electricty. At one point during the school day, while Ash is distrated, Poipole appears and takes Pikachu somewhere. What does Poipole want with Pikachu? When Team Rocket soon appear, trouble may be abound for both the Pokémon. Will they be able to protect themselves?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Everything12

I was firm in the probably won't be captured camp, but still, I knew I was could be wrong but I still at least expected another episode of interaction before capture.

6/10, I liked the interactions between Poipole & Pikachu, and the battle, as well as the capture, was okay but everything else was kinda meh.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I expected more from the Pikachu vs Mimikyu battle, which was basically limited to Pikachu using Iron Tail on Mimikyu after a Shadow Claw and then using Thunderbolt after dodging a Shadow Ball. Rowlet was pretty helpful this time after being knocked back from Mimikyu's Wood Hammer and found Pikachu and Poipole. And Ash used so many Beast Balls trying to catch Poipole.

Docile

Can anyone explain to me why Bulbapedia has it as the UG's "partner Pokémon" while people here are saying it's Ash's next capture? Genuinely confused :/

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Holy ****, Ash did it, he finally did it, he caught Poipole!!!!!! :D:D:D

Finally a Pokemon which is potentially a legendary equivalent/calibre Pokemon automatically upon evolution, is officially in Ash's team, joined his family of Pokemon. I can't just express how pleased I am now. Finally the end of all speculation, many people doubted Poipole's capture due its 'legendary' status, but I always had a strong feeling that he is going to capture this Pokemon.

But man, that wasn't easy. Poipole resisted so many captures from so many Beast Balls, before finally willingly letting itself being captured. I just love Poipole's personality, so entertaingly mischievous and playful is that thing! :D

Overall, full marks to this episode, 10/10.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Wouldn't this technically make Poipole the first legendary Pokémon that Ash has ever caught? I mean Ultra Beasts are considered to be like Legendary Pokémon in their own way.

Docile

That doesn't answer my question? Even if both sites were updated, there'd still be conflicting outcomes of Poipole's capture

Everything12

I bet neither it nor its evolution will be treated as Legendary in battle, after all, stats don't matter.

That doesn't answer my question? Even if both sites were updated, there'd still be conflicting outcomes of Poipole's capture
Bulbapedia already says Poipole (Anime) has been caught by Ash with no mention of the Ultra Guardians.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Can anyone explain to me why Bulbapedia has it as the UG's "partner Pokémon" while people here are saying it's Ash's next capture? Genuinely confused :/

It means poipole is part of the Ultra Guardians 'cause it was caught in one of the Utra Guardians' beast balls. So, technically, is an Ash's pokemon from his "job", like garchomp, not an effective member for battles. Or that's how I understood.

Docile

Check the "Major Events" tag of today's episode on Bulbapedia.

Anyway, pretty meh episode. Not much was thrilling. I guess yay for inevitable releases! Loved TRio in this episode. Torracat & Rowlet too. 7/10

Everything12

Check the "Major Events" tag of today's episode on Bulbapedia.

Anyway, pretty meh episode. Not much was thrilling. I guess yay for inevitable releases! Loved TRio in this episode. Torracat & Rowlet too. 7/10
Meh, the only one that says that is the character list and that, everything else mentions only Ash so it will probably be changed by someone later.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well at last Poipole has been caught. Though I have to say, while I'm glad it's over, it overall felt weak. It appeared towards the end of SM055, interacted with Pikachu for a few seconds in SM061, before finally meeting Ash here and getting caught. It's pretty poor pacing imo, and the 6 episode gap felt unneeded.

Anyway, Sophocles was explaining the Hokulani Observatory. Hopefully it's a foreshadowing of finally going there and attempting a trial (it's been ages since that last happened).

The rest of the episode was pretty dull though. The Team Rocket battle wasn't good either (as expected), and ends in the usual fashion of Bewear grabbing them.

After first few failures of catching Poipole, I don't know why Ash didn't do the Rowlet demonstration sooner instead of wasting all the Beast Balls, till there was only one left.

Anyway, I'm still sticking to my prediction that Poipole will evolve to Naganadel, to take on Ultra Necrozma's threat, and once the light gets restored in Ultra Megapolis, Naganadel gets released.

As for this episode, I give it a 6/10. Barring the official capture of Poipole, and couple of cute Poipole and Pikachu interactions, the rest of the episode was standard and boring.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It means poipole is part of the Ultra Guardians 'cause it was caught in one of the Utra Guardians' beast balls. So, technically, is an Ash's pokemon from his "job", like garchomp, not an effective member for battles. Or that's how I understood.

Um no, definitely not. Because Poipole is later shown in the episode playing alongside Ash's Pokemon in Kukui's house. So definitely not an Ash's Pokemon from his job like Garchomp, and basically an effective and official member of his team.

And in even the preview for the next episode, Poipole is basically shown alongside Ash's other Pokemon, so it's clearly evident that it's pretty much an integral member of Ash's team.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
If what i understood was right, Lusamine told Ash to capture and treat it as his partner Pokemon until they can find out the Ultra Wormhole which Poipole used to cross-over. The Ash capturing Poipole also helps out in understand its biology as no info is there on it yet, so in a way its under observation as well.

So, its highly likely that Poipole's capture is a temporary one, and it would eventually be released (most likely near the end of SM Saga or soon after it evolves to Naganadel).

Wouldn't this technically make Poipole the first legendary Pokémon that Ash has ever caught? I mean Ultra Beasts are considered to be like Legendary Pokémon in their own way.

Technically no, UB's aren't considered as Legendary Pokemon. Since while they are powerful Pokemon and are rare in Pokemon World (since they come over from other dimensions), in their own world they are quite common (Poipole is even treated as a Starter Pokemon in the world it comes from as per the Pokedex entry).

I think it would be better to compare them to Pseudo-Legendaries instead (while forgetting the 600 BST stat part).

Last edited:

Rohanator

Yeah the end goal is clearly stated to be returning Poipole to its own world, Lusamine only told Ash to capture it cause they don't have an available wormhole anywhere (I assume it needs to be a specific wormhole to IT'S world though, like they won't just chuck it into the next one they see, like when the next UB appears).

But hopefully the journey there will be memorable, and hopefully Poipole will participate in the Island trial and potential league before going.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Wow, I had a feeling Ash would catch Poipole but I thought for sure they would wait & drag it out for a few episodes.

I’m surprised though since no one pulled the “Poipole’s pure evil because of Nihilego” card in this episode.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Um no, definitely not. Because Poipole is later shown in the episode playing alongside Ash's Pokemon in Kukui's house. So definitely not an Ash's Pokemon from his job like Garchomp, and basically and effective and official member of his team.

And in even the preview for the next episode, Poipole is basically shown alongside Ash's other Pokemon, so it's clearly evident that it's pretty much an integral member of Ash's team.

Um, no. Just because Ash caught it, it doesn't mean it wasn't caught for the Ultra Guardians. Someone had to catch it, and Ash it the main character and it wasn't playing with Ash's other Pokemon, it was with the classmates Pokemon.