• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pika Pika Sparkling Love! Poipole Spins Round and Round!! (1010)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm glad they allowed Ash to capture Poipole here, rather than drag it out.
Still plenty of time for Ash to capture a sixth and get it developed rather than forcing it to get shafted in Poipole's favor.

Now, can we just get back to the freaking trials already? It's been forever

DatsRight

A decent enough debut episode, so Poipole is Ash's technical fifth capture.

Loved all the mass of Pokemon interactions and expressions here. Stuff like Charjabug comforting Togedemaru crying over her Sempai missing, or Mimkyu and Mareanie actually helping with TR's food wagon (which is getting some business at long last), Meowth seeming so proud Torracat evolved, and another Bound For Trouble reference with the apple. Lillie also comes in briefly handy due to first aid training for Rowlet.

Sophocles mentions Hokulani Observatory and Molayne, hoping he'll be getting some limelight with this revelation soon.

The TR fight was expectedly brief, though the episode did feel properly paced. Still hoping we get a proper Pikachu vs Mimikyu battle that isn't just 'one side gets thrashed, then Bewear saves them'.

Poipole looks likeable enough, extremely playful and hyperactive but not mindlessly and psychotically so like Tapu Fini. It actually feels bad when it hurts Rowlet and tries to help out. Also like it seems to be bonding with Rowlet as well as Pikachu, since the owl is getting a bit isolated with Torracat and Lycanroc's bond.

I just hope it doesn't end up a Nebby 2.0 and fazed out as quickly as it came in.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
A decent enough debut episode, so Poipole is Ash's technical fifth capture.

Loved all the mass of Pokemon interactions and expressions here. Stuff like Charjabug comforting Togedemaru crying over her Sempai missing, or Mimkyu and Mareanie actually helping with TR's food wagon (which is getting some business at long last), Meowth seeming so proud Torracat evolved, and another Bound For Trouble reference with the apple. Lillie also comes in briefly handy due to first aid training for Rowlet.

Sophocles mentions Hokulani Observatory and Molayne, hoping he'll be getting some limelight with this revelation soon.

The TR fight was expectedly brief, though the episode did feel properly paced. Still hoping we get a proper Pikachu vs Mimikyu battle that isn't just 'one side gets thrashed, then Bewear saves them'.

Poipole looks likeable enough, extremely playful and hyperactive but not mindlessly and psychotically so like Tapu Fini. It actually feels bad when it hurts Rowlet and tries to help out. Also like it seems to be bonding with Rowlet as well as Pikachu, since the owl is getting a bit isolated with Torracat and Lycanroc's bond.

I just hope it doesn't end up a Nebby 2.0 and fazed out as quickly as it came in.

You mean Tapu Lele not Tapu Fini

nuzamaki90

Um, no. Just because Ash caught it, it doesn't mean it wasn't caught for the Ultra Guardians. Someone had to catch it, and Ash it the main character and it wasn't playing with Ash's other Pokemon, it was with the classmates Pokemon.

Did you watch the last few minutes of the episode? Poipole was at Kukui’s house and playing with all of his Pokémon. Not once did Poipole even interact with he classmates’ Pokémon.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Did you watch the last few minutes of the episode? Poipole was at Kukui’s house and playing with all of his Pokémon. Not once did Poipole even interact with he classmates’ Pokémon.

No, I only watched parts of the episode.[/sarcasm] Yes, because he caught it. A Pokemon can only be caught by one person and since they intend to send the Ultra Beasts back to where they came from, they can't do it with Poipole, because they don't have Solgaleo and they didn't see where the Ultra Wormhole opened up and since Ash is the main character... Therefore, someone had to catch it, to secure it for the time being. There is nothing to suggest it's permanently staying with Ash.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I wasn't expecting Ash to actually catch Poipole in this episode—I figured he would at least meet Poipole, but I thought the actual capture (if Ash were to actually capture it) would be reserved for a later episode—so that was a very pleasant surprise.

Pikachu and Poipole's interactions were kind of cute. So, far, I like Poipole's playful personality, and I think it will be a fun addition to Ash's team. Its fondness for Pikachu—or, rather, for Pikachu's lightning—isn't annoying (yet); let's hope the writers keep it that way.

Kudos to Rowlet for being proactive and proving that it's more than the gag Pokémon some fans seem to think it is. It thought Pikachu was being attacked and immediately swooped in to defend its teammate. I appreciated how many emotions and reactions were gotten across without a single bit of intelligible dialogue—Pikachu getting angry with Poipole for poisoning Rowlet; Poipole apologizing profusely.

The battle with Team Rocket lasted a little longer than I anticipated. I actually wish Bewear had not interrupted and Pikachu's Thunderbolt had actually hit. I'm getting a little tired of the bear swooping in to collect Team Rocket whenever they are about to lose or are in trouble.

If what i understood was right, Lusamine told Ash to capture and treat it as his partner Pokemon until they can find out the Ultra Wormhole which Poipole used to cross-over. The Ash capturing Poipole also helps out in understand its biology as no info is there on it yet, so in a way its under observation as well.
I was wondering what Lusamine said to Ash regarding catching Poipole (I was unable to understand most of what she said), so thank you for clarifying that. It makes sense for Ash and the Ultra Guardians to keep Poipole with them until they can find the Ultra Wormhole Poipole used to cross over to Ash's world—even if that means Poipole will be a temporary member of Ash's team.

Also, I'm pleased to see that there's a really good chance we might get to see Molayne in the anime after all. I guess this means a school trip to the Hokulani Observatory is in our students' future.

Last edited:

Rohanator

To be fair Ash didn't actually bond with Poipole at all so in that sense I don't really count it as solely his, he just did the task of throwing the ball like with Buzzwole, and it staying with him makes the most sense since he's staying with Kukui. Right now the only reason he has Poipole is cause Lusamine decided so, it has nothing to do with either him or Poipole's will.

But I have no doubt that we'll see them form an actual relationship through out their time living together.

Red and Blue

No, I only watched parts of the episode.[/sarcasm] Yes, because he caught it. A Pokemon can only be caught by one person and since they intend to send the Ultra Beasts back to where they came from, they can't do it with Poipole, because they don't have Solgaleo and they didn't see where the Ultra Wormhole opened up and since Ash is the main character... Therefore, someone had to catch it, to secure it for the time being. There is nothing to suggest it's permanently staying with Ash.

A temporary capture still counts as a capture for Ash. Poipole is no different that Butterfree or Goodra.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Oh yeah guys even though Ash caught Poipole he still officaly still hasn't owned a legendary Pokemon since UBs are not classed as legendaries by GF/TPC like they did for Type:Null and Silvally

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
To be fair Ash didn't actually bond with Poipole at all so in that sense I don't really count it as solely his, he just did the task of throwing the ball like with Buzzwole, and it staying with him makes the most sense since he's staying with Kukui. Right now the only reason he has Poipole is cause Lusamine decided so, it has nothing to do with either him or Poipole's will.

But I have no doubt that we'll see them form an actual relationship through out their time living together.
It still makes sense for Ash to hold onto Poipole because he has an Aether Foundation employee (or something) living in his house, he owns the living Pokédex that can catalog all of Poipole’s data, & he has had experience caring for Ultra Beasts in the past with Nebby (regardless of how things turned out due to anime logic).

Xuxuba

A temporary capture still counts as a capture for Ash. Poipole is no different that Butterfree or Goodra.

Well, he is, at least for now. Ash caught Butterfree and Goodra with the intent of training them and using them in battles. They even fought gym battles together and, in Goodra's case, League battles too.

As for Poipole, Ash caught him with the intent of releasing him later, so he can get back to his world.

Of course, Poipole might refuse to go to his own world and might even help Ash on battles too, but i wouldn't get too attached to him, since the chances of Ash releasing it are high.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ash didn't interact much with Poipole but he still caught it. And Poipole obviously loves his Pokémon, specifically Pikachu, so I think they'll have bonding moments in the near future like when they were all playing at the end of this episode. The amount of Pokémon interaction was so cute to watch! And Pikachu vs Mimikyu was short but quit the battle wasn't bad. I liked that the one time Bewear's interruption from the TRio blasting off served a purpose. It's shown very impliedly that Poipole loves Electric type shocks and anything that just shines. Poipole really did choose Ash.

It was a good introduction episode for Poipole. I didn't find it boring and Poipole is a nice official addition to Ash's team. I guess we can say Ash catches an Ultra Beast even if it is temporary. :)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Um, no. Just because Ash caught it, it doesn't mean it wasn't caught for the Ultra Guardians. Someone had to catch it, and Ash it the main character and it wasn't playing with Ash's other Pokemon, it was with the classmates Pokemon.
Um, no. At the end of this episode, Poipole was along with Ash, playing with Ash's Pokemon in Kukui's house. Based on what is shown in this episode, and what Lusamine said, it's clear that Poipole was caught as a genuine capture, like all of his other Pokemon. Definitely not a Pokemon of Ash just for that Ultra Guardian stuff like Garchomp, like what Duqu^E? said.

Lusamine's words heavily implies that when Ash and co. discover the Ultra Wormhole through which Poipole crossed over into this world, they will very likely have Poipole released back into the Ultra Space. But Lusamine also said that before Ash finds that Ultra Hole, he can treat Poipole as his partner Pokemon. So there's nothing to suggest that Poipole won't be treated like other standard captures of Ash and won't be used in battles.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
This would be one of those times were a plot conveniently gets forgotten. I'm all for Ash capturing Pokémon and them eventually getting "released" for good purposes, but this wormhole business is pretty weak. There's nothing suggesting UB's can't live in, well for lack of better term at the moment, this dimension. Yeah, most of them have crazy home world's, so sure send them back, but Poipole is regarded as a starter, it's not dangerous by any means.

Yes, it residing at Oak's place would be weird, but I'd rather that happen, then believe GF is gonna just continue this dimension stuff for the rest of time in their games allowing it to return when Ash wants to use it.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I like the episode. As usual, Rowlet got abused because it's shaped like a ball. Jessie makes a scary face when TRio cornered Pikachu, Poipole & Rowlet, they could make a screamer out of it but that would disturb the audience. And Poipole sure has some awesome dodging skills as Ash wasted almost all Beast balls except one. I would like to see more of such skills during future battles or threatening situations

dman_dustin

Um, no. At the end of this episode, Poipole was along with Ash, playing with Ash's Pokemon in Kukui's house. Based on what is shown in this episode, and what Lusamine said, it's clear that Poipole was caught as a genuine capture, like all of his other Pokemon. Definitely not a Pokemon of Ash just for that Ultra Guardian stuff like Garchomp, like what Duqu^E? said.

Lusamine's words heavily implies that when Ash and co. discover the Ultra Wormhole through which Poipole crossed over into this world, they will very likely have Poipole released back into the Ultra Space. But Lusamine also said that before Ash finds that Ultra Hole, he can treat Poipole as his partner Pokemon. So there's nothing to suggest that Poipole won't be treated like other standard captures of Ash and won't be used in battles.

It's not just Lusamine, I'm pretty sure Burnet in the "Pokeproblem segment" explicitly stated that Ash caught Poipole or suggested that Ash is the trainer (if even temporary) of Poipole. Although I might be wrong, she mentioned Ash and Poipole (or rather their Japanese names) so I assume it was meant to mean he caught it.

This is definitely NOT a Buzzwole situation, this is exactly (if anything like), Lapras, which I think Playerking seems to have completely forgot about.

Hard to say Lapras didn't belong to Ash just because it was caught just to be released later.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Finally Ash caught a legendary tier Pokemon (not counting Goodra) I am rarely impressed by the anime, but I will admit I was impressed and pleased by this development :)

Writer's please don't ruin this, please let him evolve and keep it even after the Alola arc is over, along with any other Ultra Beast that choose to stay he may or may not catch in the future, I know I am getting greedy I'm only human(I consider Ash leaving his Pokemon at Oak's lab to be the lesser of two evils, at least then there's a chance he can still call upon them not counting Charizard and Squirtle who spend/spent a lot of time in training in Charific Valley (Charizard) or helping put out fires (Squirtle))

Also I know I said Legendary tier when describing Poipole, because I am pretty sure the Pokemon company confirmed a while ago they aren't legendary Pokemon and I am certainly not gonna call them full-on legendary Pokemon, but at the same time let's not start that whole ridiculous "are Ultra Beast legendaries or not argument" and let's all agree everyone has there own opinion on them

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Given that Lusamine told Ash to keep Poipole as his partner Pokémon until they find the Ultra Wormhole it used to get to Ash's world, I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume Poipole(/Naganadel, if it evolves) is going to be released by the end of the series, regardless of how well it bonds with Ash and his team. As much as I would love to see that bundle of giggling playfulness remain a permanent member of Ash's team, at the same time, I also feel it's more appropriate for it to be returned to its own world. If the writers do this right, they could turn that into an interesting and emotional story/character arc, for all of the characters involved.