• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pika!

nevada11

Never forgotten
Umm I just finally hatched a Modest Pichu and it evolved to pikachu with ease thnanks to the Soothe Bell and I was wondering if a Volt Tackle Pickachu with Max Attack holding a light ball would be good? If not due to its defenses please tell me. Because it sounds strong but really in the BF will i share the same. Plz! need some advice here =/

You mean max SP.Attack, right? ._.

And no, Volt Tackle is not a good option. Thunderbolt >>>>>> Volt Tackle. Thunderbolt is accurate, strong, reliable. Recoil from a Modest Pikachu, max Sp.Attack EVs, with a Light Ball is going to HURT Pikachu badly.

Lathspell

mmm, well, how to tell you this better? I'll just show this to you in numbers:
Kyogre: Max Speed: 279
Max SAtk : 399
Pikachu:Max Speed: 279
Max SAtk : 398

Pika with Light Ball of course. Nice, eh? Now, to answer your question.
Yes, a Volt Tackle Pikachu holdin a Light Ball is GOOD!! But remember that Volt Tackle is the electric version of Double Edge. And although Volt Tackle WILL do a LOT of damage, the damage you will receive back is also great. And Pika being as frail as he is, he won't survive much anyway, getting damage from his moves back doesn't help one bit. It's kind of a suicide set. But if you want to give it a try, be my guest. If you don't like what he's doing, just put thunderbolt back on. And it works much better on Pikachu's greater spatk than on Raichu. Raichu will survive a little more, but won't do the same damage to save his life.

Tazzler

Pikachu is overrated since it can't take anything not named magikarp's tackle.

nevada11

Never forgotten
I ment Max HP

Lathspell

Pikachu is overrated since it can't take anything not named magikarp's tackle.

Well, no, it can't. But it doesn't really have to. It's fast and deadly. It can sweep. Let's face it, Alakazam can't take a hit, and it's a third evolution. Pikachu isn't as fast, but it's only the first.

The End

Sea Ruby Trainer
Try this moveset if you want to use Volt Tackle.

Pikachu@Light Ball

Subsitute
Volt Tackle *suicide, like Explosion*
Thunderbolt
Encore/Surf

Tazzler

Well, no, it can't. But it doesn't really have to. It's fast and deadly. It can sweep. Let's face it, Alakazam can't take a hit, and it's a third evolution. Pikachu isn't as fast, but it's only the first.

Pikachu isn't that fast. There are plenty of things that outrun it and most of them can kill it. Pikachu can't switch into anything without dying and isn't as scary as zapdos or raikou. Plus, pikachu has problems with snorlax, regice, celebi, blissey, etc which pikcachu fails to ohko while they easily kill it. Alakazam has calm mind, better speed, recover, and a host of better options.