1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pikachu, before he met Ash

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by porygonfan, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porygonfan

porygonfan Well-Known Member

I wish we had an episode showing what Pikachu did before he met Ash. How did Prof Oak catch him, was he a leader, did he have wild pokemon friends. We saw meowths past so Pikachu should be next.

2. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

All I can say is that Ash's Pikachu, like all Pikachu, was born as a Pichu.

3. jdgjordan

jdgjordan The chosen Snorlax

There was a main point in showing meowth past as knowing how he learned to talk was a big plot point and it brought up the hole what he will do for love that ultimately came back most recently in BW. There is no point in telling Pikachu past it would not do anything for the main story as it would not tell us something that we did not already know and when mewoth past was told that was season 1 I think season 16 or 17 a little to late.

4. SlimeStack

SlimeStack Well-Known Member

Or just a small Pikachu had a flashback episode aired in the first season lol. :p

5. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

If Pikachu was different from any other Pikachu, we probably would've gotten a little backstory by now. Just because Team Rocket says Ash's Pikachu is "special" and thus the reason why they keep trying to capture him doesn't mean he actually is. If someone other than Team Rocket brought up the fact that Ash's Pikachu is different for special reasons, then yeah, I would've liked a flashback of Pikachu's past.

But alas, no one seems to care. Thus, we are just left to fan speculation about what makes Ash's Pikachu so "special". I mean, I would like to know why it is Pikachu can't stand to be in a PokéBall, but it's safe to say that's just his personality, and his dislike for PokéBalls has come up at least one other time, so that's just all we're given about this particular Pikachu.

6. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

I thought he was like Brock's Mudkip. Born in some Nursery somewhere and never adopted because he was stubborn and not " cute " like the other baby Pokemon. Eventually he evolved and couldn't be adopted out, so Professor Oak took him to study and take care off. Pikachu proved to be a handful with him so he just left it in the Pokeball until he could dump it off on some unsuspecting Trainer. Pikachu's hatred of Pokeballs was because he was kept in one for most of his life up until he met Ash. His fear of abandonment was because both the nursery owner and Oak pretty much gave up on him.

7. Macromind101

Macromind101 Well-Known Member

All I can speculate is either that Pikachu's evolution from Pichu must have been traumatizing or that it had a rivalry/hatred of Raichu that makes it adamant to evolve (though it's probably the former since the first time we saw Pikachu see a Raichu on-screen it didn't look like any bad memories were popping up). And like the poster above me said, it must have been cooped up in a PokeBall for so long that it is now afraid to go back in.

8. There was a short in one movie talking about Pikachu's history.

9. porygonfan

porygonfan Well-Known Member

Which one?

10. *~Silver*~

*~Silver*~ Well-Known Member

I bet he was a very grouchy little Pichu... xD

Anyways, so what's this short you're talking about? I've never seen one that shows Pikachu's past...

11. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

I think something bad happened in it's past since it won't go in the Pokeball. Maybe he was left an orphan because his mother was caught, while he was just left in the wild to fend for itself.

12. Moonlight Amaryllis

Moonlight Amaryllis ♪smoke and mirrors♪

Honestly, he was a wild Pichu/little Pikachu--whichever works for you--, and he probably had a lot of spunk from the very beginning. As much as I would love to see an episode or even a clip that explains our favorite yellow mouse's past, I think the writers find it a bit uneeded. After all, the backstory of some main of human characters aren't told in full detail (*coughCilancough*), so why would a Pokemon?

13. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366 Well-Known Member

Or maybe he was just grumpy from all of the time that he was cooped up in the Poke Ball and whenever he was let out, he would give the trainer he was given to an introduction Thundershock that drove them away. Personally, I imagine him as a former Pikachu gang leader or a wild Pikachu that just liked to cause trouble when he was still not captured.

14. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

It would be quite interesting an episode showing Pikachu's past before knowing Ash. I would like they made one, like they made for Meowth.

15. Moonlight Starlight

Moonlight Starlight Well-Known Member

I like to know about Pikachu's past and I know in some way that Professor Oak was giving a Pikachu for Ash on his journey to begin with.

16. Kokatsu

Kokatsu Well-Known Member

In West Kanto Region born and raised. In Viridian Forest is where he spent most of his days. XD

17. STICKTOPIA

STICKTOPIA Well-Known Member

They mainly showed how Meowth learn to talk and how he met TR. Also that love thing with "Meowzie". The only thing really unique about pikachu is that he doesn't like to be in the pokeball. It would be nice to see Pikachu's history but I don't have high hopes on seeing that.

18. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

He was a laboratory experiment designed to make a super pokemon. However the machine exploded and ejected Pikachu into the sky leaving it with 2 things. One was a power level that surges and ebbs randomly, at maximum it has power rivaling that of legendaries, at mininum a magikarp could beat it. It also for some reason forces Pikachu to feel excruciating pain when converted to data.

19. !jirachi!

!jirachi! 3/4 dead...

it was ****. it became strong due the love Ash gave him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.