• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu-colored Pichu

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Thanks for the help, I just discovered that the Security Settings on the wireless router here at my house isn't supported by the DS.

Looks like my chances of getting the PCP are slim. :(

You know you could just disable the security on you router, then download the PCP, and then re-enable the security. My router is the same way, so I just disable it whenever I want to use the wifi on my DS. You'll save time and money. Just a thought.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't think you can get the Wi-Fi Pichu if you already received the one from Gamestop.

Hmm, I'm not sure the Gamestop PCP and the European PCP are the same, I don't know if they share a same Wonder Card ID. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the subject, I downloaded the Europe PCP on a new game :)

ForeverFlame

Thanks for the help, I just discovered that the Security Settings on the wireless router here at my house isn't supported by the DS.

Looks like my chances of getting the PCP are slim. :(

McDonalds ftw. Or drive around town until you find a place you can freeload off of.

druboyks

ThndrBdg Coordinator
alot of places have wifi hotspots nowadays mcdoanlds, book stores, Malls, try looking for wifi hotspots in your location on google.

Although, this is true, some of these are locked in one of 2 ways:

1. A security waiver: You sign saying that you won't look up bad material, hack the gov't, etc. A DS/DSL/DSi will connect and say it will connect during set up, but when you try to log onto your game, you get an error message saying you can't connect. This has happened to me in McDonald's* and other public hotspots (ie. the library) on more than one occasion. These can't be bypassed and since the DS/DSL/DSi hasn't been programmed to sign the release, you can't connect.

2. A good-"old fashioned"-no-public lock: This is the ones that you see on setup that have that lock icon. Easier to get around, if you can convince the owner to let you use the hotspot (like I do with my friends near where I live in the States).

Of course there are some who may have one and two put together, but they are rare. Also, when it comes to lock 2, if you still can't connect when you after entering the WEP, it usually means something is going on with the owner's router. In which case, call Nintendo and see if they can't help you; be prepared with a lot of patience.

I speak from experience when it comes to all this.

Now, for my question: Does anyone know if the Wi-Fi PCP will unlock NEP (notch-eared Pichu) in the USA or does it need to day "GAMESTP" for it work? I know that may seem stupid to ask, but I just wanna be absolutely certain it will. I don't want any bad surprises.

*= Back when D/P first came out, I could get access to Nintendo Wi-Fi via McDonald's, but now I no longer can (strangely enough it was like this since Plt. first came out). I have tried at every McD's in the metro area that I live in, but all are zero joy. Not sure if it is like this everywhere, but that's how it is where I live.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
McDonalds ftw. Or drive around town until you find a place you can freeload off of.

That's a good idea, but most small towns don't usually offer such services. My town doesn't have a McDonalds and the only place I could think of that would have free Wi-Fi might be our local hotel lol.

These Wi-Fi events are double-edged swords.

halloweenghost

Now, for my question: Does anyone know if the Wi-Fi PCP will unlock NEP (notch-eared Pichu) in the USA or does it need to day "GAMESTP" for it work? I know that may seem stupid to ask, but I just wanna be absolutely certain it will. I don't want any bad surprises.

It'll work no worries the OT name does not matter it is the Fateful encounter tag in it's info that makes the difference to use the events.

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
You can also do a search and see what hot spots are in the area. A lot of fast food places, such as McDonalds or Panera Bread, have Wi-Fi.

BCVM22

You can also do a search and see what hot spots are in the area. A lot of fast food places, such as McDonalds or Panera Bread, have Wi-Fi.

This isn't going to be as helpful as you might think. Any number of public, commercial hot-spots require you to view a frontpage and accept a ToS using a browser, immediately rendering a DS incompatible with them, and often the same with school Wi-Fi connections.

Regret_93

You know you could just disable the security on you router, then download the PCP, and then re-enable the security. My router is the same way, so I just disable it whenever I want to use the wifi on my DS. You'll save time and money. Just a thought.

Well the Internet I have at home is one of those Cellphone Internet Services. Like Sprint 3G Internet Card, so there isn't really a place I can control security settings because the internet isn't through the computer.

Thanks everyone for the help anyways, maybe ill find a hotspot, hopefully.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
downloaded mine at mcdonalds...lol still rngìng it lol.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Well the Internet I have at home is one of those Cellphone Internet Services. Like Sprint 3G Internet Card, so there isn't really a place I can control security settings because the internet isn't through the computer.

Thanks everyone for the help anyways, maybe ill find a hotspot, hopefully.

Yeah, I meant disable the WEP (or whatever it is you use). But that sucks that you can't. I wish you luck. :)

druboyks

ThndrBdg Coordinator
RE: The OT response form halloween
Thanks so much. I hope it does work.

name: Warshadow
RE: WEP
WEP is the code that you enter when your DS/DSL/DSi locks onto a signal and it has a closed lock symbol next to it. This grants you and anyone else, who has the code, access to the wi-fi hotspot, as long as you have the code saved to your DS/DSL/DSi.

RE: Schools
Yeah I could log onto my school, if we didn't have our bandwidth on lock down. (don't ask)

RE: A library
It might work, if the library doesn't ask you to accept their terms and conditions when you first log onto their site. Use a public computer, or better yet ask the librarian. S/he should know the answer to that. If not, someone else will.

I got two PCP's now one on my Platinum
one on my Pearl XD
BTW I hope they do this for the Jirachi