• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

BugCatcher6

Lanturn also wants Shuca Berry or Air Balloon for the setup not to be Earthquake bait though. Both being slow and weak to EQ gives Electivire a blank check to go nuts.

In Doubles Life Orb Electivire and Earthquake hit 57-68.2% damage. Lanturn being faster than Ampharos gets the Soak off first and Ampharos hits with Thunderbolt. Always a gamble, but I find more people are going to double up on Mega Ampharos before Lanturn.

I run a Sitrus Berry on my Lanturn, most of the time.

When I am running an Icy Wind set I go for Quick Claw just to be that HAX guy. I had a guy screaming HAX because my Electivire double flinched his team with Rock Slide. It was no big deal that he flinched me the turn before, but a double flinch is just bogus.

Sorry I dislike the term HAX. The main reason people use moves that flinch is for the chance to flinch. When it does flinch you are somehow put into that category of you only won because your HAX luck.

I could definately see this tournament coming to something like HAX. It's not a strong enough strategy to use in VGC , OU , Etc but this tournament being a lower tiered competition HAX maybe enough to win.

BugCatcher6

I could definately see this tournament coming to something like HAX. It's not a strong enough strategy to use in VGC , OU , Etc but this tournament being a lower tiered competition HAX maybe enough to win.

My only issue so far has been, my accuracy seems lower than my opponents'. I know that is not true, 80% accuracy is 80% accuracy.

I saw one Rotom-Frost Choice Scarf spamming Blizzard and hit 3 times in a row. In 20 battles with my Rotom-Frost I only remember it hitting 3 times total.

I missed 2 times in a row with Fire Fang last night, 95%. I have the worst luck in the game. haha

FLAMEBOY

Am I being stupid?
I know it said in the regulations about pokétransporter pokemon being allowed, but it only mentions Black/White (+2), so does that mean Gen III and IV are ruled out? I have such a good electric team on heart gold :c

GinGaru

Am I being stupid?
I know it said in the regulations about pokétransporter pokemon being allowed, but it only mentions Black/White (+2), so does that mean Gen III and IV are ruled out? I have such a good electric team on heart gold :c
They say bw/2 just because they were transferred from gen 5 to gen 6.

Maiq

My anaconda don't
It means Pokemon without the blue pentagon may be used. You still have to compete using your OR or AS cartridge

Wazaz

Lapras trainer
As you have tailwind emolga i think you should band your electrivire. Focus sash emolga so you can get a tailwind up (thanks Pikachu). Soak is not best option imo. Altough Mold breaker may help. For the mega i would go for mega manectrick. Intimidate is good even tough most moves are special. And its speed makes it possible to kill mons after tailwind.

STADIUM

Boulder Trainer
I was testing my team on random online battles and my pikachu had to fight a mega swampert. Endure + Reversal did a good job (took 60-70% of its HP) and then luxray finished the job the next turn. It may be difficult to use a full power Reversal with so many fast pokémon out there (and some Feint/Quick Attack users, like Pikachu or Electivire), but I think it's a good moveset for the yellow mouse. (The other moves I have for it are Fake Out and Feint).

The rest of my team include electrode + mega ampharos (Round users; not the best move, but unexpected for sure), zebstrika (Me First to steal those Electivire's eartquakes with extra power), luxray (intimidate + Baby Doll Eyes) and Dedenne (support + Play Rough). I may change Dedenne for Galvantula because I love bugs and Disable is a great move against choice-item pokémon.

Maiq

My anaconda don't
First battle of the Pikachu Cup, 4-0'd my opponent. HKQW-WWWW-WW2K-AWGB
4-0'd my second opponent too. 4M7G-WWWW-WW2K-AWFB

Will upload battles soon

Last edited:

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
I got my 15 battles done for the day. Started off with a great 8 battle win streak. Finished with a rating above 1600 and a W/L ratio of 12:3.

I'll post my whole team here once the tournament is over. :) Good luck to the rest of you guys.

BugCatcher6

I started out 8-0 before my 1st lost because Super Fang missed. Yes my team tactic is that dependent on Super Fang from Pachirisu.

11-4 for the day. I'm really upset with that record as well.

Super Fang missed and my Synchronoise Jolteon did not KO Electivire then and of course EQ took Pachirisu and Jolteon out. Playing catch up was too much.

I did not run Electivire to often. I ran more Levitate users.

Using Snatch Rotom-W when I saw an Emogla, so far only snatched a Substitute.

Electivire is not as fast in this tournament as it was on Showdown, not Scarf'd at all. I have ran into more Pikachu that don't have Fake Out than ones that do. I battled a Japanese trainer that had a defensive Pikachu, odd tactic, still only lasted 2 turns.

I'm using

Jolteon w/Choice Specs
Just spam Synchroniose and if knocked off I toss out a Yawn before I faint.

Pachirisu w/Choice Scarf
Just spam Super Fang and if it is knocked off I use Follow Me or Quick Attack

Electivire w/Life Orb
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Rock Slide
Facade

EQ or Rock Slide everything

Luxray w/Air Balloon
Quick Attack
Baby-doll Eyes
Eerie Impulse
Protect

basically support with Intimidate and Baby-doll Eyes to those late switch ins and Eerie Impulse for those special attackers.

Rotom-Wash w/Sitrus Berry
Will-O-Wisp
Snatch
Hydro Pump
HP Ground

Snatch Tailwind from Emolga and then WoW everything.

Eelektross w/Leftovers
Coil
Drain Punch
Dragon Claw
Protect

Come in late, Coil and Drain Punch

I held on with 12 HP on Eelektross and Protected/Drain Punched my way back to victory in one battle.

Last edited:

FLAMEBOY

I'm finding so many Rotoms and not man Pikachus, maybe we're not gonna get the special Pikachu afterall :/

FLAMEBOY

Good. The special Pikachu's only unique move is Endeavor- that's the big incentive. Frankly, I'd rather take the Poké Miles. They may not be unique, but they're at least practical!

I guess, but it's always nice to get another commemorative Pokemon to take up another spot in our Pokemon Banks...

KillerDraco

Poke Miles are so easy to come by though...

All of the prizes suck in the long run so you might as well just use whatever team you'd like and have the most fun playing with. If you wanna use Pikachu, go for it. But if you do use it, at least use Fake Out with it so you're not just wasting a team slot. Because really, Fake Out is all Pikachu brings to the table that you can't get elsewhere.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
All of the prizes suck in the long run so you might as well just use whatever team you'd like and have the most fun playing with. If you wanna use Pikachu, go for it. But if you do use it, at least use Fake Out with it so you're not just wasting a team slot. Because really, Fake Out is all Pikachu brings to the table that you can't get elsewhere.

I agree with that in principle, but the Pikachu prize is much better because it's rare and unique. I'm using Fake Out and Knock Off on my Pikachu, and it's decent against Pokemon that only exist to set-up, like Lanturn or Electrode.

Electivire will definitely net the top spot in terms of usage, but its hard to say who exactly will be in positions 2 and 3. I have a feeling Pikachu might not make it.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I haven't been following this competition since I was too busy to get a team ready in time but if I had to guess, Heliolisk, Eelektross and Rotom (Mow and Heat) would be big contenders for the top spots in usage after Electivire. Maybe Stunfisk, Luxray or one of the two Megas but I'm not playing so I've no clue what people are actually using.

FLAMEBOY

I'm actually surprised with how many "legitimate" players. I'm finding it hard to believe that there are so many teams will all shiny pokemon - with what seems to be perfect IV/EV stats (like, earthquake does next to no damage on pure electric types, and my Pokemon get knocked out instantly with weaker attacks). I mean, it's obviously all legit as it's got through Nintendo's anti-cheat processes, but I seriously find it hard to believe that a team full of all shiny pokemon with perfect iv/ev's are a COMMON occurrence without some sort of cheat. I've battled like 18 teams like this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.