• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu in Issuh

fosterfossil

The prey bites back!
So I watched the preview for the first episode of BW. We all complain about pikachu have a random reset for no reason during the beginning of each season. It seems to me that he will have a reset this season but it has a reason for once. During the preview you see pikachu getting blasted from an electric attack from the sky. It leads me to believe that Zekorm hit pikachu with cross thunder. This could have completely overloaded pikachu and basically did a reset. Since this happened. How do you think pikachu will be handled this season. Will he just be there like he always has been or will he actually have a plot point other than being ash's starter. I think he will have to work hard to regain his former glory and hopefully learned a new attack along the way. Any other thoughts on the subject?

kickachu

Momentai!
Why you post this Pikachu and Ash are BFFs and no matter how many series there might be He'll always bring Pikachu at the start of a new region.

Silver_Seoul

^ The point of his topic is that Pikachu finally has a reason to be reset, and yes, OP, we've been discussing that matter in the BW001/002 Thread and Best Wishes Thread.

fosterfossil

The prey bites back!
I wasn't stating if he will bring pikachu. I was asking people opinions on how they think pikachu will be handled

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
How is Pikachu 'reset' anyway? It still knows Iron Tail.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I brought up in the BW001 thread that using Zekrom as an excuse to reset Pikachu's power would be a totally awesome meta-joke, but it's obviously just a plot piece and Pikachu's power is just gonna fall victim to plot devices as needed, just like in the previous 4 regions.

I thought Pikachu's exposure in Sinnoh was fantastic due to how subdued it was. If they can keep it that way, it would be great.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Well, had the series stuck to the game rules Pikachu should be at level 100 since, well early - mid Hoenn BUT since they dropped that rule Pokémon clearly are just as good at what they do as any real professional sports player.

Actually, Pikachu was not all that reset as we might think. In Kanto OS he was trained and ended the season at a reasonable "level", Orange Island was a short filler, in Johto Ash did use Pikachus strength. In Hoenn and Kanto BF Pikachu became a powerhouse similar to what we would call a high level Pokémon in the games. And one could clearly see differenses between late Johto Pikachu and late- Kanto BF Pikachu. Changes that still remained in [early] Sinnoh. And in Sinnoh he got to shine on various occasions.

Of course Ash could not have a Pokémon that could blast apart anything, but while I think we have seen occasional reset´s of Pikachus powers they are not big enough to say that he becames MUCH weaker by the start of a new region. Of course one could say that a Pokémon that can tie with a Latios should destroy the most things BUT then again, that was a Volt Tackle and an Iron Tail at point blank, and I am not sure he could do that twice in a row.

So I don´t think we should get all that worked up´d about any reset- ing of Pikachus power, because it does have logical reasons. It´s not like we are going to see an early- Hoenn Pikachu in terms of strength in early Issu.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Pikachu will never win another battle... I hope Pikachu is better handled in Isshu than Sinnoh. He was one of the bad things about Sinnoh.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Wishful thinking for me here. With Zekrom's attack, Pikachu may replace his Static effect to a new ability that benefits his fighting powers. If Volt Tackle can be created first with Quick Attack and a held-back Thunderbolt, a new ability for Pikachu will be a greater welcome this series.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think Pikachu will learn a new move in this season and his other attacks like Iron Tail will have a new anmation.
I don't expect it to be more important than what it is now, if he will take part in 4-5 gym battles I'll be happy.

The anime doesn't really have levels like the games, it's not like Pikachu is going down to level 1. Pikachu is always going to be an epic strong pokemon. I think the fact that he loses his electrical powers is just to shake things up a little at the start of the new series.

I'm not saying that Pikachu is going to be back to defeating Latios-strong pokemon again - he simply isn't going to have that sort of opposition at the beginning of the series! However I'm sure if a Latios just popped up in Best Wishes (I'm being hypothetical now) he would be able to take it on just as well as he did in Sinnoh League Champions.

And yes, he is going to probably get defeated every now and then by starter pokemon/first stage pokemon but it's just the nature of the series - ALL Ash's pokemon are susceptible to falling from a strong attack.

Basically I'm saying Pikachu was never invincible and nothing's changed, he always has been and always will be capable of defeating legendaries and fainting from battles with seemingly weaker pokemon.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
The fact of the matter is Pikachu WILL ALWAYS get a power reset at the beginning of every saga, so whether there is a reason behind his power reset or no is completely moot.

Evilo

BEAUTIFUL!
As long as Pikachu will be reset, they might as well be creative with it, right?

I've never understood why people continue to argue "HOLY CRAP PIKACHU SHOULD BE LEVEL 10000 BY NOW WTF?!!111". No. Just no. The anime is NOT the games, stop pretending like they're identical and every pokemon has a level and junk like that.

If i were a professional fighter and I won a billion battles, then broke my arm, I'd still have all my knowledge of battling but I'd be at a disadvantage. This is what happens to pikachu, he's still good, just not as good as he is mid-end saga.

ANYWAYS, on topic, I'm sure Pikachu will be handled just fine in Isshu. They did a great job taking him out of the spotlight in DP, and I can only hope they do that again while still giving him a few wins. Pikachu tends to come secondary to newer pokemon only because they need to develop. Pikachu will probably shine the most at the league, like he tends to.

Haunter ゴースト

No matter what pikachu will always be with ash, it's his starter and their best buds, but yeah like you was saying at least their is a good reason, but still i do think he looks even weaker than before...

STICKTOPIA

Whoa whoa whoa Pikachu is gonna be reset???????? You mean that Pikachu not being able to use electric attacks wasn't temporary????? It has to start over again???? OMFG!

Evilo

BEAUTIFUL!
Whoa whoa whoa Pikachu is gonna be reset???????? You mean that Pikachu not being able to use electric attacks wasn't temporary????? It has to start over again???? OMFG!

I think you misunderstand....Pikachu gets his power levels "reset", as in, they can't have him at the same skill level has he was when he tied with Latios and stuff like that....

I'm pretty sure his lack of electric attacks will only last an episode or two. Just enough to milk some plot out of it or something, i'd think.

I reckon Pikachu will learn Eleci Ball or Wild Bolt!
I can imagine him firing off a blob of electricity at the enemy - like energy ball but a ball of electricity! Would be cool :)

STICKTOPIA

I think you misunderstand....Pikachu gets his power levels "reset", as in, they can't have him at the same skill level has he was when he tied with Latios and stuff like that....

I'm pretty sure his lack of electric attacks will only last an episode or two. Just enough to milk some plot out of it or something, i'd think.
Oh thx for explaining but since when did Pikachu NOT get its power levels reset???? It's like every region Pikachu goes back to a low-leveled pokemon. This isn't even gonna make a difference imo.

PS: I clicked your pokemon

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Pikachu will be fine. Hopefully by the fifth gymbadge Pikachu's abilities will go back to hyper mode like it always does.