• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu in the League

Lucille

You have probably noticed that Pikachu hasn't really done anything this region. It hasn't learned a new move or anything. Do you think the writer's will redeem Pikachu in the 8th Gym or the league? Or do you think he will learn a new move?

Torpoleon

I think he mkigtht redeem himself with the 8th Gym and the league. Remember, he was used in most of the gyms in Kanto, Johto and Hoenn and Pikachu is going to stay with Ash forever.

Chimchar15

Pikachu is one of Ash's best Pokemon, so it doesn't need to redeem itself. Although seeing it star in a gym battle would be nice.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Pikachu is one of Ash's best Pokemon, so it doesn't need to redeem itself. Although seeing it star in a gym battle would be nice.

I beg to differ. It's lost a lot in the Sinnoh region. We know the reason why, because the writers reset it's power at the beginning of the region. It's late though and it's still not at the top of its game. It would be nice to see it win a major battle.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I would like to see Pikachu learn a new move before the league.I personally think Pikachu should learn a Elemental Fang Move.

terminoob

The Underdog
I'd like to see it learn a new move (Magnet Rise, more specifically.... But, any move would do), honestly. It's never leaving Ash's side, so it has plenty of time to redeem itself later on whenever the writers want, we can't really say the same for the rest of his Sinnoh team. But, I expect it'll star at Volkner's Gym, as it has in past electric battles, and if not, then of course it'll get major league wins.

Torpoleon

I think Pikachu has not shined too much in Sinnoh because of its time in Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. Really, it was used in all/almost all of the gyms in Kanto, Johto and Hoenn! In Sinnoh, so far it has been used in 3 and did decent in 2 of them and horrible in 1. There was also that episode with Pikachu thinking about evolving. Pikachu also did not beat one of Paul's Pokemon in that full battle and could barely hold against Paul's Elekid in the beginning of Sinnoh. The 8th Gym and League probably wont redeem it that much but Pikachu was used in almost/all of the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn gyms.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm hoping for Pikachu to take down Electivire at Volkners gym.

I don't think Volkner will have Electivire. It already belongs to Gary, and soon probably Paul.

Also I think Volkner will stick with his DP team.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
He shouldnt do anything before the leagues, his power shoulndt reset like it seems every region, Ash could just not use him knowing he doesnt need as much training as the newly caught pokemons and only use him on the league.

With that said yeah i think he will have some "redempion"(in your view) in the league.

The Blue Taillow

I have a feeling that more than likely Pikachu will be the star of the 8th Gym battle:
1.) Because it's an electric-type.
2.) Because it's the last gym and Pikachu always rocks in the last gym of the region.

And it's almost certain that it'll get a lot more battles and victories in the league.
Ask for it learning new moves, Thunder Fang is my pick, although I don't see it fitting with Pikachu's personality.

thunderblade12

Pikachu doesn't need to learn a new attack in each generation. Pikachu would just become overloaded on new attacks eventually. No need teaching it a new move if there's nothing special to give it. That'd be giving it a new move just for the sake of it.

I'm actually glad they're focusing on something other then Pikachu for once. It's going to be around forever and has plenty of time to rack up some wins. Did they really need to let it star in 2 of the Johto Gyms, a massive 4 Gyms in Hoenn, and 2 of the Battle Facilities? If Pikachu stars against Volkner, fine. That's about what it deserves, one gym per region.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Probably power up more than enough for the Pokemon League.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Pikachu doesn't need to learn a new attack in each generation. Pikachu would just become overloaded on new attacks eventually. No need teaching it a new move if there's nothing special to give it. That'd be giving it a new move just for the sake of it.

Or they could give it a new move (Brick Break or Feint) to be useful against Paul...just a thought.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Let's see Pikachu's Status in Sinnoh: [Counting Gym/Rival/Frontier Battles]

#1. Ash VS Paul 1: Pikachu VS Elekid- Tied. +0

#2. Ash VS Roark 1: Pikachu VS Cranidos- None. +0

#3. Pikachu VS Onix- Lost. -1

#4. Ash VS Roark 2: Pikachu VS Onix- Wins. +1

#5. Pikachu VS Rampardos- Loses. +0

#6 . Ash VS Reggie- Pikachu VS Staraptor- Wins. +2(You can count this one if you want)

#7. Ash VS Crasher Wake- Pikachu VS Gyarados- Wins. +3.

#8. Pikachu VS Floatzel- None. +3

#9 Ash VS Fantina(Unnofficia)- Pikachu VS Drifloon/Drifblim. Loses. -2.

#9. Ash VS Barry 1- Pikachu VS Empoleon- Wins. +4

#10. Ash VS Fantina- Pikachu VS Drifblim- Loses. -3.

#11. Ash VS Paul Full Battle- Pikachu VS Ursaring- Loses. -4

That's currently Pikachu's Stats:

Wins: 4

Losses: 4

Ties: 1

Hopefully in Sunyshore Gym or most likely the League. Pikachu did Star in 4 Hoenn Gyms and 3 Kanto Battle Frontier Facilities, so yeah, its time to let it take a break and let Ash's newer Pokemon shine.:)

BTW, if you are going to talk about the League, use this Thread:
The New Sinnoh League/Elite 4 2010- Thread

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Pikachu has had plenty of screen time & has plenty more to come.
But I do think it will end up getting a fair amount of screen time during the eighth gym, probably against Raichu.

It would be nice to see Pikachu learn a new move soon. Maybe an interesting one, like Signal Beam, Rollout, Brick Break, or Light Screen.
I'd like to see it with something like that....y'know, some "different" stuff.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It will be in the 8th gym, but won't learn a new move soon, although I hope it will.

In the league I hope it will get more wins than in Hoenn.

psbigg

im still hoping that when ash will see volkners charge beam he will want pikachu to learn it

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I say Volkner will give Ash a Light Ball. I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas :/.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Have you guyz noticed that Pikachu didn't use Volt Tackle in a while?Maybe it'll learn a new move like Grass Knot or even Surf...^_^