• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu in the League

KomaXD14

read the name of the thread, its pikachu at the league, stay on topic

anyways, pikachu should play a large role against conway or nando IMO, paul seems to be reserved for grotle(torterra) for honchkrow and infernape for... everyone, and barry seems to be reserved for gible for being the only one to lose against him so far in a single battle (1v1), buizel and staraptor aren't rivals with anyone yet to my knowledge (i forget, don't bash me like you know everything)

He also asked if Pikachu will redeem itself at the 8th Gym so I am staying on topic thanks.

psbigg

i think he will use pikachu at the 8th gym just beacuse volkner has octilery

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
i think he will use pikachu at the 8th gym just beacuse volkner has octilery

Well couldn't he use Grotle instead? It does have an advantage against Water types and a resistence against Electric attacks :)

I think Pikachu will be saved until the end.

psbigg

Well couldn't he use Grotle instead? It does have an advantage against Water types and a resistence against Electric attacks :)

I think Pikachu will be saved until the end.

actualy your right that makes more sense and if grotle will evolve....hopefully

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I think the battle against Volkner will go like this.

Gible vs Raichu
(Both are KO'd at the same time- Rock Smash and Brick Break collide)
Ash - 3
Volkner - 3
Infernape vs Ambipom
(Ambipom uses Shock Wave, Nasty Plot and Agility and Baton Passes on to Octillery)
(Infernape is Paralyzed)

Infernape vs Octillery
(Infernape is KO'd by Octazooka)
Ash - 2
Volkner - 3
Grotle vs Octillery
(Grotle is KO'd by Aurora Beam but damages Octilelry with Energy Ball)
Ash - 1
Volkner - 3
Pikachu vs. Octillery
(Octillery is KO'd by Volt Tackle)
Ash - 1
Volkner - 2
Pikachu vs. Luxray
(Luxray beats Pikachu by a second and Volkner wins but is impressed)
Ash - 0
Volkner - 2

then an episode later a rematch.

Pikachu v Raichu
(Raichu uses Light Screen and is recalled)
Pikachu vs Ambipom
(Ambipom uses Agility and Nasty Plot and Baton Passes onto Octillery)
Pikachu vs Octillery
(Pikachu is recalled for Grotle)
Grotle vs Octillery
(Grotle gets hit by Aurora Beam and Charge Beam and begins to use Synthesis)
(Upon fully healing, it evolves into Torterra)

Torterra vs Octillery
(Octillery uses Aurora Beam but Torterra counters with an Energy Ball)
(Octillery is then KO'd by Leaf Storm)

Ash - 4
Volkner - 3

Episode Ends

Part 2 begins

Torterra vs Raichu
(Raichu sets up Light Screen again and KO's Torterra with Brick Break to the head).
Ash - 3
Volkner - 3
Infernape vs Raichu
(Infernape sees Raichu use Brick Break and copies it, and Inferanpe shatters the Light Screen and Ko's Raichu)
Ash - 3
Volkner - 2
Ambipom vs Infernape
(Ambipom uses Nasty Plot & Aglity a few times and Ash expects a Baton Pass and Infernape get close to Ambipom but Ambipom uses Shock Wave up close and KO's Infernape)
Ash - 2
Volkner - 2
Gible vs Ambipom
(Gible gets close and uses Draco Meteor and Ambipom uses Shock Wave on the attack and it cases a big explosion that KO's both pokemon)
Ash - 1
Volkner - 1
Pikachu vs Luxray
(Luxray's Rivalry ability kicks in and boh pokemon start Crnuching and Iron Tailing each other)
(At the end Charge Beam and Thunderbolt collide with each other but Pikachu uses Volt Tackle to go through both electrical atatcks, absorbing thier power for an even more powerful Volt Tackle that he KO's Luxray)

Ash Wins.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
my god your dumb. this thrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrread bout the chu at the league. not your stupid predictions about a gym battle. idiot

You have probably noticed that Pikachu hasn't really done anything this region. It hasn't learned a new move or anything. Do you think the writer's will redeem Pikachu in the 8th Gym or the league? Or do you think he will learn a new move?

Angry 10 ten year olds that think they are cool by swearing aren't cool at all.

Lorde

pikachu could learn a move like discharge or surf

Pikachu already has enough Electric attacks. It doesn't need Discharge, that's Pachirisu's signature move anyway.

Surf isn't a TM nor is it a teachable move. Besides, it's useless without water.

Grei

not the color
I think that in the 8th Gym, Grotle, Infernape, and Pikachu will be featured. I'd prefer Grotle and Pikachu only, but Infernape is more likely over Grotle with it's evolution.

But if Pikachu learned a new move like Return for Volkner's Gym or for the League, I'd be happy. Pikachu needs a new move and needs some decent battle screentime.

Lorde

Pikachu learning a new move at the end of a region isn't something I see happening.

Pikachu always learns it's new moves at around the beginning of a region i.e. Iron Tail before Rustboro and Volt Tackle before the Battle Dome.

talala

pikachu could learn a move like discharge or surf

surf is unlikely and the writers won't have pikachu copy one of pachirisu's two electric type moves, shock wave or charge beam seem more likely...

after the gym battle volkner could teach pikachu charge beam for giving him a good challenge >.>

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
i think pikachus great as it is... no new moves are needed this region... next region it will learn a new one i bet.

I bet pikachu is the winner for the 8th gym...

And i bet that it won't really be the shining pokemon for the league.

Grotle will evolve during the league...
Infernape vs paul will be the most important battle
don't get me wrong pika will rock in the league but i don't see the writings making it ashs trump card this region :)

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
i like the idea of charge beam on pikachu it kinda soups up the SpA or just shove nasty plot on the little rat

Kotone

I'd like to see it learn a new move (Magnet Rise, more specifically.... But, any move would do), honestly. It's never leaving Ash's side, so it has plenty of time to redeem itself later on whenever the writers want, we can't really say the same for the rest of his Sinnoh team. But, I expect it'll star at Volkner's Gym, as it has in past electric battles, and if not, then of course it'll get major league wins.

Haha magnet rise. That made my day. Floating Pikachus FTW!!!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
i think pikachus great as it is... no new moves are needed this region... next region it will learn a new one i bet.

I bet pikachu is the winner for the 8th gym...

And i bet that it won't really be the shining pokemon for the league.

Grotle will evolve during the league...
Infernape vs paul will be the most important battle
don't get me wrong pika will rock in the league but i don't see the writings making it ashs trump card this region :)

Yes I agree. Pikachu will be the star in the 8th gym and than they will foget from it in the league because Ash will trust more on Torterra, Infernape and Staraptor. although Pikachu might be important eventualy.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Surf isn't a TM nor is it a teachable move. Besides, it's useless without water.

Did you lost your imagination? It's teachable if they want to.

About the water, well i guess it wouldn't be that useless when he fights in one of these water stages every league has.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Did you forget the first "Tag Battle Tournament" episode. In the first match Ash & Paul had, one of the opponent's Rhydon used 'Surf' (while the opponents Magmar used 'Protect') to attack Pikachu & Chimchar. They didn't have any water in the field at that time, did they.

I think that Pikachu does need a new (non-electric) move to stand up against the competition it has (as seen in the full battle against Paul). If we look at Pikachu's 4th gen games movepool, then we can see that it has some good attacks to learn.

Fling, Grass Knot, Signal Beam, Rollout, Surf, Focus Punch, Reversal, Brick Break, Feint, Present, Facade

Also it doesn't have to be that Pikachu only has to learn fighting moves this time around as well. It can either learn,

Substitute, Magnet Rise, Wish, Charge

Last edited:

knux-the-killer

After learning the ultimate volt tackle?
There's no good move that he can learn now. Pikachu is very poor in movepool.