• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu in the League

V Faction

www.faction.com
Pikachu in the League is like painting your walls white: Everyone expects it and no one is excited to see it.

A little hyperbole but hopefully the message rings loud and clear - Pikachu's role in the League is little more than extra. He's had enough appearances and we aren't expecting anything new or drastic. Or at least I'm not.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
@ Lucario at Service, it's useless because even if Pikachu had the talent to use it, it would also need a surfboard, not just a wave of water...
Are you thinking that if Pikachu learns 'Surf' then it would be in the same way Red's Pikachu learned in the manga or else it can't.

If you check back to that tag battle episode, you can see that 'Rhydon' didn't use a surfboard to ride the waves. It was using only his body to ride the way. So, why would Ash's Pikachu need a surfboard to do that.

Also if you are going by the manga version of the move, then you should remember that it wasn't used as an attacking move but rather an transportation move (because of which the surfboard was added). Where as in the anime it would most probably used as an attacking move.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Well...how so?

I mean, in the last League, it lost to a Meowth, one of the weakest Pokemon around.

Meowth maybe was'nt Tyson's strongest pokemon but was the pokemon that was the most difficult to beat. Look at his Sceptile that beaten by only 1 Ice Beam.
And don't forget that Pikachu beat Metagross before. it was mote tired than Meowth.

Lucille

Meowth maybe was'nt Tyson's strongest pokemon but was the pokemon that was the most difficult to beat. Look at his Sceptile that beaten by only 1 Ice Beam.
And don't forget that Pikachu beat Metagross before. it was mote tired than Meowth.

The discussion was Pikachu. Was Pikachu the one who fired an ice beam against Sceptile?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
The discussion was Pikachu. Was Pikachu the one who fired an ice beam against Sceptile?

He is just referring to how easily Sceptile was beaten by Ash's Glalie, although both tied. But Pikachu did get somewhat tired from battling Metagross. But that's Battling for you.

The Blue Taillow

I am pretty sure Pikachu will have a big role in the Sinnoh League.

It'll definitely be a part of a good fraction of the battles, but when we get to the full battle rounds, it's going to be sharing the spotlight, mostly with Monferno/Infernape for the inevitable match against Paul.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
He'll do fine. Spotlight won't be on him though.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ok, pikachu will always eventually lose to someone...after some hot battles of course...but this will be where things get interesting.

So it only gains some power when fighting against the weakest opponents in the League, but loses to the strongest opponents?

That's not much of a power-up.

It would be nice to see Pikachu in a few more battles. Gym or league battle would be good.

A new move is a possibility. But what new move could he learn?

Dax

Legend
This has been the only season where Pikachu's strength is consistent. If it keeps it's consistency then I see it sucking at the league... I'd like that D:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Then when we do encounter Ground type moves, Pikachu is prepared.

Which will be how often? Every 50 episodes? It's a waste of a move in my opinion :(

It's more appropriate to have it learn a damaging move at this point.

Last edited: