• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu in the League

Torpoleon

Perhaps, we'll see Volt tackle used more often now...It's been a while since I've seen it...
That's true. I think that Pikachu will use it a lot in the league since Volt Tackle is usually its finisher move. Maybe Pikachu could use it in the 8th Gym.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Perhaps, we'll see Volt tackle used more often now...It's been a while since I've seen it...

It also weakens Pikachu a bit though, it's better used as a last resort.

Ash used to have Pikachu use it too much.

Torpoleon

Yeah, Volt Tackle is more of a finisher move. Pikachu will probably use Volt Tackle during the league like against Paul, although its not like that would greatly redeem Pikachu.

J-boogie200

I hope Pikachu has a lot of good battles.

If we have Double Battles, Pikachu should be paired with Gible, I like that pair! :) <3

While not a move per say pikachu did learn the spinning technique along with aipom. I'm not entirely happy about pikachu's level being reset but since Ash does get a little overconfident every now and then I guess it still works out. I guess my point is that there's always something new to learn, no matter how much experience you have. And since pikachu has had regions of training I am glad that Ash is focusing more time on the rest of the team.

KantoChamp46

Magnet Rise could have a lot more possibilities in the anime than just avoiding ground-type moves. However,I agree he needs more offensive versatility, and Magnet Rise doesn't really seem to fit him or Ash's style in general. But it's true, it's hard to find a move that really fits that Pikachu doesn't know, considering his movepool isn't all that vast. I'd like to see him actually use Thunder again. Also, has he ever used Double Team? If not, it would be a cool move for him to learn. And if so, it would be a good move to revive - give him some more versatility. And using Thunder again would help him to pack a little more punch without having to use Volt Tackle and hurt himself.

Lorde

I just dislike the possibility of a Flying Pikachu in the anime. It just doesn't fit.

But a Pikachu with an offensive move that doesn't deal recoil damage is another story.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I know this has been said like a thousand times before, but I really want to see Pika learn something other then an electric type move this time around. Iron Tail has been a great addition to its arsenal since it couldn't do anything to groundtypes before that. Now it can, and the only type to which Pika doesn't have a super effective or at least normal effective move against is none other then electric.

So something that's normally effective against electrictypes would be nice. It's only super effective move is Mud-slap, but I don't think Pika will learn that move.. not impressive enough I guess..

KantoChamp46

^ Pikachu has Quick Attack and that is normally effective against Electric-types to my knowledge

=P

Lorde

So something that's normally effective against electrictypes would be nice. It's only super effective move is Mud-slap, but I don't think Pika will learn that move.. not impressive enough I guess..

Isn't Iron Tail effective against Electric types? So is Quick Attack?

If so, it already has two moves. It's not packed with only Electric type moves.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Isn't Iron Tail effective against Electric types? So is Quick Attack?

If so, it already has two moves. It's not packed with only Electric type moves.

Steel type moves are not effective against Electric-types.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
If Volkner uses an Electivire then there is no hope for Pikachu winning. Electivire's Motor Drive ability will make it so that Pikachu's Thunderbolt and Volt Tackle won't do any damage. That means he'll have to rely on Iron Tail and Quick Attack. If he sticks to his Diamond and Pearl team, Ash might just stand a chance using Pikachu.

Lorde

Steel type moves are not effective against Electric-types.

Which is why I asked. I wanted to know whether it had any effect at all. thank you.

Quick Attack is still there. I don't see Pikachu learning anything that'll be super effective though. Someone mentioned Mud-Slap, but I doubt it'll be taught to Pikachu.

Last edited:

treecko maina

mystery awaits
i dont want it to be a mane part of the leage but it probably would i want gible to be a mane pokemon in the leage

thunderblade12

Considering Ash is using his reserves, Pikachu might be the fall guy yet again. He and Torkoal lost most of their Hoenn League battles and Ash was only using 6 pokemon there.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
If Pikachu did get anything new, I'd like to see Signal Beam (unlikely as it may be). It gives it a strong attack against the grass pokemon that resist its electric attacks, and it seems like it could be pretty damaging.

Richards22

leavers 2010
Pikachu already has enough Electric attacks. It doesn't need Discharge, that's Pachirisu's signature move anyway.

Surf isn't a TM nor is it a teachable move. Besides, it's useless without water.

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
surf can be used anywhere and it is good against those ground types that it has troubles with

SLock3r

Know what else is good against those ground types that he has trouble with? Buizel.

Exactly. Pikachu using Surf in the present anime wouldn't seem right. Maybe back in Kanto or Johto when Pikachu was able to use boxing gloves as a weapon and Bulbasaur using Whirlwind.