• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu is not a mouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruits26

It's GATR time!
I recently found something shocking (for me mostly :D). Pikachu is not a mouse... It is a pika. Yes, there is an animal called pika. It is just a small rodent, like a mouse. Proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pika

My question is: Why is pikachu called the mouse pokemon, not the pika pokemon?

1. The similarity of the names?
2. The fact pikas aren't world renowned?

What do you think?

Skywardswordsman

Call me Sky.
I think that he's still called the mouse pokemon is because a mouse it an animal known worldwide whereas I had never heard of a pika until now.

No. He's a mouse. If they say he's a mouse, then he's a mouse.

xXdArKvOidXx

Sceptile Slayer
Never knew that, that's interesting.

Cool Story Bro please tell it again

xXdArKvOidXx

Sceptile Slayer
Pikachu->Marill->Plusle and Minun->Pachirisu->Emolga

KingWiggins

*facepalm*

How do you...

Pikachu is a mouse pokemon. Look at the Pokedex entry. You think the Pokedex would really take time out of its day to lie to you?

ASB

Weather Team Hater
You've regretted mentioning that some Pokemon have multiple influences. Ever heard of a kinkajou? That's in the mix.

KingWiggins

Actually, according to Bulbapedia, this is what Pikachu's name is based off of:

Exactly. BULBAPEDIA. As in a Pokemon version of Wikipedia.

Now, look at the Pokedex entry. What do you believe more, the Pokedex entry for Pikachu that GF gave it, or some guy on the interweb?

KingWiggins

*Sigh*

Couldn't this 'Pika" be considered a mouse, though?
If so, than yes, Pikachu is still a mouse type pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.