• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu & Pichu! (P03)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ash only said it was the day they first met, it could be their one month anniversary.

I think it was implied that it was their one year anniversary though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww I loved how the city here looked like NYC, plus the Houndour that was chasing Pikachu and the Pichu brothers was funny hee hee. I liked seeing him redeem himself as well as the party scene in the end. :3

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Aww I loved how the city here looked like NYC, plus the Houndour that was chasing Pikachu and the Pichu brothers was funny hee hee. I liked seeing him redeem himself as well as the party scene in the end. :3

The party itself deserved to be shown in full, but instead this short ended up focusing too much on Pikachu's shenanigans. And I'm still pissed off that Ash was 11 here and then it was retconned. :/

Alloutℯ

Banned
Wasn't this the infamous movie short where Ash threw Pikachu a surprise party and claimed that they had known each other for a year? It's always been weird how that part has been retconned in the new sagas. I liked this short though since we saw Pichu and the city's wild Pokemon hanging out with Pikachu.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Wasn't this the infamous movie short where Ash threw Pikachu a surprise party and claimed that they had known each other for a year?

Yes. It's sad that this was the most memorable scene from this special; it shows just how lame the Pichu antics were by comparison.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
And I'm still pissed off that Ash was 11 here and then it was retconned. :/

Yea it did seem like he was implied to have aged a year at the end of this short since he mentioned that it was the anniversary of the day when he first met Pikachu. I dunno why that was mentioned here however cuz the writing staff usually avoided stating his age before.

Shayuin

Banned
Wow the jazzy soundtrack in this special was amazing and not like the usual dub music that 4Kids produced. Houndour was a jerk, but he was animated so well that he ended up as my favorite character.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Millennium Town looked a lot like Hiun City in Isshu, and I was surprised that Pikachu could apparently tell time. The Pichu brothers seemed irksome at first, although I grew to enjoy their antics by the end. The Delvil that kept chasing Pikachu was amusing, and I chuckled seeing Nyasu cleaning windows.

Steven of Venus

From Another Planet
Molly waned on the twilight of her gift giving frolicking in the enchanted sanctuary of time, hope, fulfillment, and pleasure, just endlessly whirling through labyrinth like spirals through the staircases of her conjuring.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Molly waned on the twilight of her gift giving frolicking in the enchanted sanctuary of time, hope, fulfillment, and pleasure, just endlessly whirling through labyrinth like spirals through the staircases of her conjuring.

Mii (Molly) wasn't in this Pikachu short, however; she was in the third movie. This short didn't involve any humans except brief shots of Satoshi, Kasumi, and Takeshi.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
That makes the timeline even more confusing since there's no way Ash and Pikachu had only known each other for a month.

Them knowing each other for a year makes the most sense, but that anniversary line from this short is probably meant to be ignored given the main anime's refusal to let too much time pass.