• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu Re-volts! (088)

Leonhart

Imagineer
When Pikachu and Togepy turned on Satoshi and Kasumi, I was expecting Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu to be responsible for that, but it was Yamato and Kosaburou who were behind it. Their use of Sleep was fascinating, and Junsa and her Ghos were actually helpful. Thanks to Togepy for saving the day.

ZilverLox

Banned
To me this is one of the best episodes out of the Orange Islands season. I agree with whoever said the animation was at its best in this episode, it was awesome. I thought it was pretty cool to see Pikachu go evil too! My favorite part would be towards the end when the Drowzee was attacking them, the music was good for the background music and it was perfect timing too. :)

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Omg Jenny's Gastly made me squee with joy. He was too funny. I also thought it was funny that Togepi stopped Drowzee and no one seemed to realize.
Interestingle, the Gastly seemed to have a physical presence; Jenny was able to push it out of the way with her hands. Maybe a good episode to show folks who think Pokemon are evil spirits...

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Interestingle, the Gastly seemed to have a physical presence; Jenny was able to push it out of the way with her hands. Maybe a good episode to show folks who think Pokemon are evil spirits...

Lol, I noticed that. It's one of those anime physics moments where solid objects can affect intangible ones. Still, I liked Jenny's Gastly.

When Pikachu turned on Ash, I was expecting Jessie & James to be responsible, so I was impressed when we got Cassidy & Butch as the enemies again. I don't really get how Drowzee's sleep waves could control Pokemon that were awake though.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This was a great episode. One of my all time favorites. It's the one I think of when I think about the Orange Islands. Butch and Cassidy were awesome, the dubbing was amazing for once.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In retrospect, I was slightly confused regarding Junsa's assessment when she was talking with Okido-hakase. She said that perhaps a Psychic-type Pokemon was responsible for the Hypnosis since her Ghos was immune to it, yet Ghos was half Poison-type, which would've made it weak to Psychic-type attacks and therefore vulnerable to Sleep's Hypnosis.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Gastly was too funny though. I wish he had been serious so that he would've kicked Drowzee's butt at the end of the episode.

Sleep needed to lose against Togepy though, which I preferred anyway since we saw Togepy's Metronome pay off. Ghos didn't need to save the day.

Butch and Cassidy's plan seemed intelligent on first glance, but if you think about it they would've been discovered eventually since their hideout was emitting strange radio waves.

gentwoer

In retrospect, I was slightly confused regarding Junsa's assessment when she was talking with Okido-hakase. She said that perhaps a Psychic-type Pokemon was responsible for the Hypnosis since her Ghos was immune to it, yet Ghos was half Poison-type, which would've made it weak to Psychic-type attacks and therefore vulnerable to Sleep's Hypnosis.

and at the time the episode was released Ghost Pokemon didn't do jack sh!t against Psychic Pokemon. But that was a programming error of the original games that the anime ignored.

This was still at the time when the anime was trying to pass off ghost pokemon as the only Pokemon that can battle psychic pokemon or something. Not game accurate but such was the show at the time.

Granted we never saw Haunter battle Kadabra so I guess this was the first indication we had that ghost pokemon were outright immune to psychic attacks according to the anime.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A meh episode. I've never liked episodes involving mind control in the first place, and Cassidy and Butch made it even worse since I really dislike them as characters. I liked Gastly's antics and Togepi using Metronome to generate Explosion, though.
5/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yamato and Kosaburou's comments about how Sakaki had helped them out of prison made me pity Musashi and Kojirou, because I couldn't see Sakaki doing the same thing for them.

Did anyone else wonder why Giovanni supposedly helped Cassidy and Butch leave jail even though their last scheme was as much of a failure as Jessie and James' schemes? I liked how Drowzee was suddenly this huge powerhouse who could use sleep waves to control a whole army of Pokemon and Jenny's Gastly was cool. Pikachu shocking Ash time and time again made me sad, but he and Togepi eventually redeemed themselves when they snapped out of Drowzee's hypnosis.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
Did anyone else wonder why Giovanni supposedly helped Cassidy and Butch leave jail even though their last scheme was as much of a failure as Jessie and James' schemes?

He had more trust in them since they apparently had better luck at stealing Pokemon in the past than Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu did. Sakaki busting them out of prison sounds like something he'd do for his most trusted employees.

It was odd that there was a city that looked as big as NYC in the Orange islands but I liked seeing Butch and Cassidy again after such a long time. I felt bad when they took Jessie and James's Pokemon from them with Drowzee's powers and Pikachu and Togepi turning on Ash and Misty was sad too. My favorite scene was when Togepi caused the explosion with Metronome and also when Gastly was fighting against Drowzee's hypnotic waves. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
It was odd that there was a city that looked as big as NYC in the Orange islands but I liked seeing Butch and Cassidy again after such a long time.

I think the island's size was atypical considering most of the other islands that we had seen in the Orange Archipelago, but it was that difference that made me like the setting here since we hadn't seen Satoshi in a big city in quite some time.

Jnmisty

It was one of the more scarier episodes that came out especially when Pikachu and Togepi was turned evil by mind control. Plus Ash should have passed out after he planned Pikachu to use thunder shock on the machine.