• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu the Movie Song Best (...yeah) 1998-2008

Rex Kamex

So, in case you didn't know, a CD set of all the Japanese openings and endings for all the movies was released in Japan earlier this month. (Or early last month, by the time some of you look at this thread.)

Two reasons I'm mentioning this: one, to let anyone who cares know that this is available, and two- ask this question: is it region locked, or anything like that? I don't know if I'll get it, but I would like to know, if anyone knows...

Rave

Banned
This has piqued my interest.

Rex Kamex

^ Me too...

CDs are not region-locked in any way-you can take one from anywhere and play it anywhere you want.

I thought so (I didn't see anything about a region on the website I linked to). Thank you then.

If anyone wants to talk about anything else regarding the CD set in this can, they can...

EDIT: I ordered it recently, so I should get it soon.

EDIT2: I got it two weeks after it was ordered. It's pretty nice.

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
I have to say the japanese music is quite nice for alot of these things

the sarah brightman song was great mainly because i understood the language lol

Rex Kamex

The Sarah Brightman song was never a Japanese song, but you might've known that already.

It was nice to have TV ending themes like "A Full Summer" on there as well. (Then again, that song was one of the ones played during the credits of the Deoxys movie.)

Just for more information to people in general, it's a three disc set with all of the movie openings and endings and a bonus song, "Big Meowth Day." I like how on the back of the CD set and on the table of contents they, after dividing the songs buy disc number, they group sets of songs based on the year of the movie it came out, not the year. An example is...

1. Natsuyasumi Fanclub
2. Pika Pika Massai Chu
3. Mezase Pokemon Master
4. Kaze to Issho Ni

I guess there was no point in half-translating some of the song titles. Anyway, if you don't understand what the songs are saying, the Japanese lyrics are included to help you sing along.

Also, the Sarah Brightman song sounds a bit different than the version I got from iTunes. (Then again, the Pokemon CD says it's the "movie version.") And each disk has pictures of the Pokemon stars of the movies of the songs on the CDs. The first disk has the first four movies, the second disk has the next three, and the third one has the last four. Oh, and there are 36 songs in total.

I hope they make a CD set for all the TV openings and endings as well. They have a DVD, but I think it's Region Two only, and if I could play that, I wouldn't have a need for DSVision to play movies on my DS (which I still don't have, by the way- the DSVision, I mean).

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
The version of "I Will Be With You" from the album "Symphony" on iTunes has a different male vocalist than the one in the movie. You can also find the movie 8 ending as "Beginnings" on PuffyAmiYumi's "Splurge" album. Kinda sad that subsequent to movie 3, you can find more Japanese movie endings than English movie endings on the US iTunes store.

Rex Kamex

The version of "I Will Be With You" from the album "Symphony" on iTunes has a different male vocalist than the one in the movie. You can also find the movie 8 ending as "Beginnings" on PuffyAmiYumi's "Splurge" album. Kinda sad that subsequent to movie 3, you can find more Japanese movie endings than English movie endings on the US iTunes store.

Not really (to me), as that's not much more. Even though Sarah Brightman's song is a Japanese ending theme, the song itself wasn't originally Japanese. Both her song and PUFFY's song are on CD albums that aren't Pokemon CDs.

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
Not really (to me), as that's not much more.

What are you talking about? That's 100% more! ;) Of course, it doesn't hurt that both acts are at least fairly well known in the US.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Sounds interesting, wonder if it will come to Australia? It's sounds like what I was talking about before a cd with new songs and such.

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
Do Japanese Pokémon soundtrack releases come to Australia with any frequency that really makes this a legitimate question?

I didn't think so.

True, but interestingly, the pop soundtrack for the first movie was released in Japan.

You can always import it of course.

Rex Kamex

True, but interestingly, the pop soundtrack for the first movie was released in Japan.

You can always import it of course.

You mean the American soundrack?

Oddly, the American dub is on the Japanese DVD of the movie (the DVD was released after the American dub was put in theaters).

In nay case, stuff like this never goes outside of Japan (like BCVM22 was getting at), especially since most of these songs have never been officially released (besides imports) outside of Japan so the majority of people don't know what the songs are anyway.

What are you talking about? That's 100% more!

100% more than what? (Or maybe I'm thinking too hard.)