• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu the Suspect!? (1156)

LazySpy

Kimty
This was basically a JN061 clone, but I'm not complaining because that was one of my favourite episodes of this series. Although, Team Rocket wasn't as good in this episode. Anyways, great Journeys episode, boring episode overall. I hate that rodent. #freeteamrocket
Jn061? In what way? I fail to see the connection other than the plot being related to electric types and having a segment where Ash and Goh help the POTD with everyday jobs. (But even then there is a diffirent angle in both segments)

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Lol at Pikachu just chilling despite being a suspect for the electric stealing incidents and being free from the handcuffs because the thing was too big to its hands.

Lol at the detective enjoying for arresting a Pokemon, like it was salesman, being happy like he's going to get extra bonus for doing a great job.

Lol at Meowth destroying Officer Jenny's handcuffs and chains with its scratch and TRio faces for being hungry during the whole episode.

The car chase looks silly, with TRio van stolen electric beam shots at Officer Jenny's car while the Officer and the twerps are chasing them, along with the other police cars crashing like toys.

I like the reactions of Eevee and Yamper during the house overcharge and when Morpeko stole a bread there, the former acting like a scaredy cat and the latter is going nuts thanks for its electric typing.

Yeah, Ash & Goh police uniform was pretty neat and the police department probably have them to train kids for this kind of career. We got to see more of Officer Jenny now and she's ok. They kinda toned down her attractiveness compared to OS, without the lipsticks and pinheels and her skirts got lowered down imo.

Fun episode overall.

LazySpy

Kimty
So, one thing I think is worth mentioning in addition to all of that, it's it kind of an insane coincidence that the police has apparently interrogated every single Pikachu and Deddene in the whole city and the only one that didn't have an alibi was Ash's, would you agree with that?

Last edited:

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Jn061? In what way? I fail to see the connection other than the plot being related to electric types and having a segment where Ash and Goh help the POTD with everyday jobs. (But even then there is a diffirent angle in both segments)
I was mostly joking, but there were a few similarities that I noticed. 2 people show up at the lab, Ash and Goh help them with everyday jobs, electric rodent focus, one of the jobs involving many of a single species of Pokemon (Tauros, Vulpix), the use of cars, Team Rocket as the protagonists antagonists, Team Rocket actually being relevant. It wasn't a clone and the execution was very different, but it instantly reminded me of JN061 when I first watched it.

BlueLight

I really enjoyed the episode! It was hilarious! But really, I feel sorry for Team Rocket, that Morpeko is more cruel than I expected to be. It's eating month-load of their snacks, yet not satisfied......And just cruelly treats it's team-mates. Wait, were they team-mates with that so thought cute Pokrmon? No way! I just wish TR just leaves Morpeko somewhere back in Galar. But it just comes back to them anyway! The way they easily surrendered to the trio of Jenny, Ash and Go - I kind of felt bad for them. And the scene where Morpeko rejected the electric bottle that TR trio worked so hard to get was really annoying. Overall, Morpeko was really annoying as usual! Maybe that upcoming Morpeko episode might have something to do with it.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I'm just gonna sit and pretend it didn't take me 15 mins to figure out the sketch was of a poorly drawn Morpeko.
In any case, I liked that they showcased the many duties that Police Officers undertake in the community, it isn't just arresting criminals and the like. I will say though, you gotta feel bad for Team Rocket. Yes they were the culprits behind the whole ordeal of stealing electricity, but at least they had their reasons even if it later transpired that doing so was essentially pointless given Morpeko didn't need the electricity anyway, how ungrateful. But yeah, they were malnourished as a result of Morpeko's selfish actions and simply wanted to satisfy the 'mon that didn't involve food that they desperately need, also they didn't deserve to get blasted off after willingly surrendering, but I suppose the writers want to keep TR around by not have them languishing in a jail cell. I did however enjoy them not knowing how electric cars work when they mentioned that the electricity is gone upon returning to the hideout.

UglyToast

All things aside, does anyone know a good website without pop ups and watermarks to watch Journeys on? I've been only able to watch from Youtube (and that's from reviews)

Risrhayne

I really like Japanese Cultural References, for some reason the Anime doesn't do them as much as I would like them to.

I blame the franchise being so global. Not like that’s a bad thing, but a part of me misses the early days of the anime when the characters ate rice balls and wore kimono for festivals. Nowadays it feels like if the anime acknowledges that it’s Japanese, it’s on the nose with ninjas, hot springs and tatami mats.

Also, now that we know Pikachu’s past, the Detective’s “How’s your Mom” question kinda hurts. “How’s my Mom? I dunno, I left her and my sister in the middle of the night without telling them. You got any more Poke’chow?”