• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu's Exciting Expedition! (1069)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1069.jpg

Pikachu's Exciting Expedition!

After Ash & Torracat inadvertently got sent into the past by Celebi, Pikachu and the others are unaware and can't find Ash so decide to start searching for him. Their search takes them to the Pokémon School, Ultra Guardians base and even in the sky with Garchomp. What adventures await Pikachu and the other Pokémon, and will they be able to find Ash?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I had hoped for the best, but...yeah.

This was a bona fide, pointless filler episode. The only detail of note is Rowlet uses the personal pronoun "boku".

Next week's preview was a million times more exciting than this was.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Almost all the narration in this episode was entirely superfluous and the episode would have been a lot better if they'd just let the visuals speak for themselves.

That is all.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I had hoped for the best, but...yeah.

This was a bona fide, pointless filler episode. The only detail of note is Rowlet uses the personal pronoun "boku".

Next week's preview was a million times more exciting than this was.

So Rowlet is definitely a boy then lol.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
This episode was interesting... a few notable parts:

-Glalie is a dick
-Poor whalord like wow that seems like itd hurt... lycanroc is so spiky lol
-Meltan has gotten much stronger and I love it...
-Pikachu vs Crabrawler is actually pretty rad, love that they went that samurai in the water route!
-Meltan copying Lycanroc in the snow is just too good and I need a GIF of it now.
-The voice overs were horrible lol "Satoshi! Satoshi! Satoshi" in Lycanroc's human voice was brutal

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I loved this episode! The narration seemed to just be them translating what the Pokémon are saying rather than that being their actual voice (why couldn’t they subtitle it like they did in that one OS episode?) This is an example on why Japanese dubs suck!

Outside of that, it really was a good episode. I enjoyed seeing how Pikachu reacted. It was hilarious seeing him trying to wake up Rowlet. Pikachu always makes good impressions, I was pleasantly surprised on how good his Ash impression was. Like it wasn’t nightmare fuel at all, it was really cute.

I really thought Pikachu and Lycanroc was gonna kill themselves trying to find Meltan in the ocean. I wouldn’t risk my life for that small metallic thing. The entire scene reminds me of times where I lost something small like my DS stylus or game and I’m searching all throughout my room for it. It’s kind of funny how they got dirty at the last minute! It’s even funnier because they were attacking each other over fruit.

I thought this was common knowledge when he’s infatuated with the scent of a female Pokémon and I’ve complained several times about Ash not having a female on his team.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It was a meh episode, but the classmates didn't appear so bonus points I guess
The OS references were cool but they'd be better appreciated when we aren't getting Kanto stuffed down our throats left and right.... one of the many reasons I'm glad SWSH is only 5 months away, hope that's put to rest so Johto and Sinnoh can get some much needed love.

Those ribbons were basically all the proof anyone needed, nothing's gone against that yet.
All of Ash's and Kiawe's had the male version, while Togedemaru had the female ribbon

Kintaro

Banned
Probably the best episode made in the last 20 years of the anime. I truly must applaud the SM writers for giving us such a memorable episode we'll think about for decades to come.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
We nearly had Island of the Giant Pokemon 2. Ah, if only.

Yappy

Only appears occasionally
Whoever decided to have narration talk over the Pokemon to translate them, I have three words for you:

go **** yourself.
...That was extremely unnecessary, you know. It's just a dumb thing they added to the episode, it's not a big deal.

Anyway, this episode was really silly and fun, not much to say, it can be easily skipped for those who didn't like it.

Nothing big happens, it's a filler and honestly it could have just been explained briefly, but they did this and yeah.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
...That was extremely unnecessary, you know. It's just a dumb thing they added to the episode, it's not a big deal.

Anyway, this episode was really silly and fun, not much to say, it can be easily skipped for those who didn't like it.

Nothing big happens, it's a filler and honestly it could have just been explained briefly, but they did this and yeah.

The problem I have is that this episode was totally unnecessary at this point. I'd rather see some more onscreen development of the rivals/companions - rather then basically nothing happening at all.

Yappy

Only appears occasionally
The problem I have is that this episode was totally unnecessary at this point. I'd rather see some more onscreen development of the rivals/companions - rather then basically nothing happening at all.
Yeah, but I guess they just wanted to try something they have never done before in this show.

This might just be a one time thing, an episode were the majority of it features only Pokémon.

DatsRight

Maybe they just wanted one final hurrah with Ash's Pokemon together getting to show off their personalities. SM onwards runs without the Pikachu shorts to add that extra limelight for the Pokemon without their trainers after all.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Just a filler, but wholesome nontheless

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
May have been exciting for Pikachu, but it was boring to the audience (older than 8).

Very pointless episode that only eats whatever development or "league" episodes we have left. Only makes the joke of a league even bigger.

I thought this was common knowledge when he’s infatuated with the scent of a female Pokémon and I’ve complained several times about Ash not having a female on his team.
Yeah. Rowlet's a boy. This show will never, ever show a same gender relationship. Closest we got was when Oshawott and Meowth were dating a male Purrloin but they didn't know his gender until the end.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Maybe they just wanted one final hurrah with Ash's Pokemon together getting to show off their personalities. SM onwards runs without the Pikachu shorts to add that extra limelight for the Pokemon without their trainers after all.

This narration treated Ash's Pokemon like they had no individual personality. That's why the pitch changes were necessary to show who was talking...the writer went to extreme lengths to strip out personality or most personal pronounces from the dialogue.

Yeah. Rowlet's a boy. This show will never, ever show a same gender relationship. Closest we got was when Oshawott and Meowth were dating a male Purrloin but they didn't know his gender until the end.

Pikachu-Piplup in DP. But you're missing the point.

"boku" is a more polite male pronoun than "ore" which I think Lycanroc used. It's most commonly used by young boys or young men trying to be polite. The pronoun and dialogue choices gives insight into the Pokemon's thought process. It's a way to add more personality to the characters with this unique opportunity.

Sudowoodo, Garchomp, and Crabrawler gave insight into their personality from how they acted and talked. Especially Garchomp. The same couldn't be said for Ash's team.

Last edited: