• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu's Exciting Expedition! (1069)

CabochonJaw

I thought the narration was funny (haha funny, not strange funny). Rowlet's voice was the funniest. Clefable also gets a mention for sounding like Mickey Mouse.

This exciting adventure thing wasted a lot of time. It wasted sudowoodo's time, and wailord's time, and crabrawler's time. Worst of all, it wasted Garchomp's time. Garchomp catching a cold is 100% Pikachu's fault, because he jinxed him by telling him not to get sick.

Ash's team should stick to their day jobs.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Pikachu: I'll zap you all for squishing me!!

Meltan: Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Pikachu: Nani?

Meltan uses Flash Cannon

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I loved this episode! It was an absolutely hilarious one! It was nice to have a "calm before the storm" type situation in terms of just having a wacky filler before the league, like last generation

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Did he at least have different pitches for different pokemon or does he just use the same voice for every pokemon?
Different pitches, and all of them were annoying.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
This is an example on why Japanese dubs suck!

Sorry but could you please explain what you mean by Japanese dubs? In this show the Japanese is the original.. I also don't think you mean you hate the original either since you watch it....

Just a little confused here

...They were gay?

DP149: Sticking with Who You Know!

http://www.pokemopolis.com/episodes/gbattles/617.htm

If that's the case do like the Darkrai dream episode on XYZ and get the pokémon VAs to dub their lines in japanese. They do pay the VAs to record the dialogue for every single episode if I recall correctly....

Maybe the difference there is that the talking was an effect of the dream. Here the talking isn't "real"; it's just for the sake of the audience. (btw, not saying I liked the narration; I'm just saying there's a key difference in what was happening that episode)

The members of Ash's team riding on Rosebud just because.

I know the reference Rosebud from Citizen Kane. I don't understand the connection here. Could you please explain?

Also, did anyone think the Meltan were going to fuse right there and then when they jumped into Ash's hat? I knew it wasn't going to happen when I remembered the group shot of all sixty we saw in that preview picture hadn't shown up yet.

from my perspective as someone who hadn't even seen whatever preview picture you're referring to, I still knew it couldn't happen because at the end of the last episode, Ash is reunited with all his Pokémon after returning from the past, and Meltan is still Meltan

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Sorry but could you please explain what you mean by Japanese dubs? In this show the Japanese is the original.. I also don't think you mean you hate the original either since you watch it....

Just a little confused here
Basically, I had an issue with the voice overs. It was extremely unnecessary to put in voices (that don’t even fit) on the Pokémon in this episode when it would’ve been fine to just put in subtitles. Pokémon will always say their name, they’ve done subtitles before but in this particular episode, they decided to crappily voice the Pokémon as they were talking. I watch the original but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have complaints over the decisions they decided to do. It’s not confusing, I wasn’t saying all Japanese dubs suck, just this one in particular.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Basically, I had an issue with the voice overs. It was extremely unnecessary to put in voices (that don’t even fit) on the Pokémon in this episode when it would’ve been fine to just put in subtitles. Pokémon will always say their name, they’ve done subtitles before but in this particular episode, they decided to crappily voice the Pokémon as they were talking. I watch the original but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have complaints over the decisions they decided to do. It’s not confusing, I wasn’t saying all Japanese dubs suck, just this one in particular.
I'm with you on the JP version sucking (though I extend that complaint to the whole show). I'm just pissed that this episode's English self sucks just as much since that's usually never the case.

If there's a foreign dub of this episode from anywhere that decides to leave the Pokemon voices as-is and not clog it up with narration, that'll be the best way to watch this episode.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Near the end of the previous episode, by the time Ash reunited with everyone his pokemon looked slightly different from beforehand. I have to admit at first glance I was curious about what was going on but now I can see that they planned to continue the story after all. Almost right away I started remembering The Island of giant pokemon back in the Kanto adventures. Strictly speaking I thought that the whole affair with the added in voices was just silly enough to work and this region kind of already has a lot of moments where the show does not take itself too seriously.

I was a little shocked to see the huge amount of water pokemon that appeared when Pikachu and company where briefly underwater. If Misty was around then I think she would have been quite interested in that area beneath the sea. Out in the water there was like nothing around up above but then below the surface, it was actually very lively.

This series does not do multi part story lines all that often so I would call this a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
Awful episode. Probably one of the worst in SM and it would have been better if we had subtitles over narration. Sorry that Rodger Parsons had to be dragged into this. Rowlet sounds like Patrick Star. This episode is probably worse than the Magical Girl one where the girls go on TV.
Why Torracat only gets development with only Kukui and Stoutland I have no idea.

Last edited:

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
If there was no narration I probably would have loved this episode. Because the storyboarding and animation is superb. But the narration renders the entire thing just utterly cringe.

...So it's a good episode if you watch it with the sound off.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
All they had to do was have the people that do the pokemon's voices talk normally, yet they botched even that simple task, and for once in its life, the dub could've taken the high road but hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
All they had to do was have the people that do the pokemon's voices talk normally, yet they botched even that simple task, and for once in its life, the dub could've taken the high road but hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
How do you want Ohtani dub Pikachu in dozens of different languages?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
They already did it in I Choose You. Just dub over Pikachu. No one's gonna care if it's not Ohtani. I doubt the children watching the show outside of Japan even knows who she is.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
They didn't even need to let the Pokémon's voice actors speak Japanese/English/Whatever language you are watching. The visuals tell the story just fine on their own. The narration was 100% superfluous.