• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu's Goodbye (039)

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
i remeber thinking pikachu was really leaving:p

pochamalover

no u lost the cheese
extremly sad the music always makes it worse

*sniff* i cried when i saw this episode. i must have been 9 yo! goodness, the old episodes were soo much better

queenofpokemon

queenofpokemon
i thought he was leaving to, I cried a little, but now I cry more at sad animes, like on fullmetal, when hughs died {wwwwwwwwwaaaahhhhh
!!!!!}

queenofpokemon

queenofpokemon
i thought he was leaving to, I cried a little, but now I cry more at sad animes, like on fullmetal, when hughs died {wwwwwwwwwaaaahhhhh
!!!!!}

queenofpokemon

queenofpokemon
!!!!!}it was also sad when james left chimecho.{sniffel}

Blazing Charmander

A true Kanto classic. Although in terms of storyline, it is comparable to some filler episodes of late, the nostalgia value ranks it way higher. I must admit that I was one who was moved by this episode, but I was 8 at the time and didn't know the outcome of the episode.

One scene that reminds me of the good days is where Pikachu returns on the hill. The song playing ("I got a victory badge", I think) is very fitting to the scene, and I like the part of it where the camera focuses on Ash smiling at Pikachu with tearful eyes. Magical.

Just a note as well, that I've noticed that the scene from them eating supper at the campsite until TR blast off seems to have been drawn by a different animator than the rest of the episode (Shimura?). Anyone else noticed that?

Having re-seen this episode the other day, I couldn't help thinking that this episode happened far too early into the series. If it was done now, or at least in the Advance era, Ash really would've been upset. But after only 39 episodes, I'm not so sure...

Kataphrut

I was 6 when I saw the ep, so you can imagine I was in tears.

Manchee

extra toasty
^Haha, I wish I saw this EP. I think that the more emotional EPs from the ver yfirst season are extremely phonominal with their storylines. They always make me, umm.. I'm not sure how to explain it, but they always get to me.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I was crying while watching this episode when I was younger. But, just a few days ago I watched it again, and it didn't seem that sad anymore.

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
This episode sucked big time. Just when Ash thought Pikachu would be better off in the forest.

This saddened me loke a tonna bricks! :'(

Tadashi

kiss my greens
One of my favorite episodes by far. Is it bad that I memorized practically the entire dub? Perhaps.

I really loved it! The bond between Ash and Pikachu really came out. I seriously cried when Ash ran away from Pikachu. I admit it... and I clapped when they were reuinted ^^ The whole thing was just so touching for me, there's no way I could hate the episode.

GDE

Palette Professor
I cried when I first saw this episode too when I was 10 :p

Torpoleon

Why must the creators put so much emotional parts in Pokemon?

dagon22

Charmander master!
When I saw this episode, I knew pikachu wasn't going any where, but as I watched, I was like, maybe he is!!! And I thought it was sad.