• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu's Goodbye (039)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pikachu's Goodbye!

While in a forest, Pikachu hears the cries of other Pikachu as one is being swept to a waterfall. Pikachu saves it and becomes accepted as part of the Pikachu Community. Will Ash leave Pikachu here?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
Heh, I remember seeing this episode a very long time ago and actually thinking that Pikachu would actually leave Ash... as if. :p

I think this could be considered one of Pokemon's rare sentimental episodes along with Butterfree's and Misty's departure episodes. I wonder how Ash would be now if Pikachu actually left him... Not too good, I believe....

R

Robert

I remember crying through all of the episode, thinking he was going to leave. It made me so sad. :( It's one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

R

Ryuu

Another touching episode, I liked it. The song was exceptionally good as well(not to mention touching).

I really thought Pikachu was leaving for good...foolish Ash. He wanted to leave Pikachu on purpose.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
This was a pretty good episode, but I do wish Pikachu would have left for awhile. That way they could make a bigger deal out of it. ^^

Oh yes...and how could I forget? This is also the episode that throws the whole "Pikachu being Pichu" first out of the loop.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
this is the first episode that made me cry in the series. Mewtwo Strikes Back almost made me cry, and...well...that's it, but this is the first one out of all that made me cry.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
After I first saw it, I used to not watch it because it made me so sad, even though I knew Pikachu was staying.

Brock seemed like such an insenstive jerk to me. Misty too. The comments they made saying it would be better for Pikachu get on my nerves everytime I hear them.

The song was nice, and I loved the Pikachu, especially at the end.

Meh, 6/10

C

Cherryl Walker

Pathos

Anyone acquainted with the works of Charlie Chaplin is well aware of how pathos is a prime aspect of any of his works. Pathos is a classic plot device that sets a story far above the ordinary. It is leaven to the bread, so to speak. Again, we see classic elements from Japanese theatre cast in a whole new setting. This should be required viewing for anyone considering a career in film-making.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
This HAS to be the most pointless episodes ever. I hate any episode that CONFIRMS something will never, ever happen. Pikachu leaving OR evolving, Bulbasaur evolving etc.

Heracross

Custom User Title
My eyes were dry the first time I saw this episode. Ironically, years later, when I found the old tape with this on it, it made me tear up a bit mostly out of nostalgia. Yeah, that's pretty cheesy, but it happened.:p

The part that gets me isn't the little song that plays while Ash is running through the forest, but after he stops and Misty and Brock cath up with him. When Pikachu's shadow comes up next to him and he looks up to see him standing on the hill with the sun rising dramatically behind him. Not only is that a touching moment, but the music that plays there is great, and I'm a sucker for the music, especially in these old Kanto eps.:p

Also interesting to note James' comment as they're stealing the Pikachu. "Your electricity is no match for our Pikachu-proof seizure net!" Pretty funny considering this was the first episode to air after "A.I. Warrior Porygon".XP I also liked how Ash was imitating Tommy from the safari zone at the beginning of the episode.XD

pika_power

Normal Coordinator
Burnt Flower said:
Heh, I remember seeing this episode a very long time ago and actually thinking that Pikachu would actually leave Ash... as if. :p

I think this could be considered one of Pokemon's rare sentimental episodes along with Butterfree's and Misty's departure episodes. I wonder how Ash would be now if Pikachu actually left him... Not too good, I believe....
definitly not too good.

P

PWDDragon

i remember watching this episode a LONG time ago with a friend and he cried, but i just couldnt
it was really sad, though

Professor Ivy

1st Princess Serebii
Serebii said:
Pikachu's Goodbye!

While in a forest, Pikachu hears the cries of other Pikachu as one is being swept to a waterfall. Pikachu saves it and becomes accepted as part of the Pikachu Community. Will Ash leave Pikachu here?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
I like is because it was the first time you give to hear a pokemon song "the Time has Come (Pikachu's Goodbye)
I close my eyes
And I can see
The day we met
Just one moment and I knew
You're my best friend
'Do anything
For you

We've gone so far
And done so much
And I feel
Like we've always been together
Right by my side
Through thick and thin
You're the part of my life
I'll always remember

The time has come
It's for the best I know it
Who would've guessed that you and I...
Somehow, someday
We'd have to say goodbye

You've helped me find
The strength inside
And the courage
To make my dreams come true
How will I find
Another friend
Like you

Two of a kind
That's what we are
And it seemed
Like we were always winning
But as our team
Is torn apart
I wish we could go
Back to the beginning

The time has come
It's for the best I know it
Who could've guessed that you and I...
Somehow, some way
We'd have to say goodbye

Somehow today...
...we have to say goodbye

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
Awww, this episode was sad. My sister was crying like crazy, so I couldn't understand of a word of it :p

Kenta master

Marsh Trainer
Pikachu!!!

This episode was one of the most sensible and sad episodes of all, but of corse ;025; could not possible leave Ash, it's his best friend, his partner and of course at the end I was not surprised that ;025; returned, Ash and Pikachu will be friends forever!!

P

PokeFan4Ever7783

keh the thing didn't make me sad nor cry at all in fact the whole episode was predictable from beginning to end. The day Pikachu leaves Ash is the day pigs have wings. Second IF Pikachu did leave Ash I don't think he'd be the same person again. This kid can't make it without that little yellow rat. Third IF Pikachu left ratings would plummet. IMO neither one of them are good without the other. Ratings would go down either way if Satoshi/Ash or Pikachu left. Their just a team. ;025;

Last edited by a moderator:
B

beau99

HEh, I remember watching this episode the very first time I saw it. Sentimental, but I knew that Pikachu wasn't goin' anywhere.

My brother, however, cried his eyes out. Which is quite strange considering he thinks he's so tough and everything.

poke_girl

The Amazing
I agree with the one who said Pikachu should of left for awhile, at least 3 eps