• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu's Island Adventure (P09)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pikachu's Island Adventure!

While on an Island Vacation, Pikachu & co. meet up with Buizel & Chatot and decide to relax on the island, specifically in the Playground. Meowth however is also on the island and takes the Playground. Its up to Pikachu & Co. to get the Playground back from the Team Rocket Pokémon!

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I saw this and I noticed something very weird. They keep calling buizel something similar to weasel. He even says that as his name.

Are there going to be any other pokemon in the short that you haven't listed yet? just wondering. (please let Grovyle/Sceptile be in this)

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
All the ones in that image I saw...plus many more wynaut, hariyama, donphan, combusken, eevee, two pichu, cacnea, mime jr., marshtomp, bonsly, corphish, and wobbuffet.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
All the gang's Pokemon except Sceptile and Forretress were in it. It was pretty good, but it was just so weird having the narrator speaking what the Pokemon were really saying, especially for the cuter ones. Though it pains me to speak against the great Rodger Parsons, at times like these, it's better to have a female narrator like they usually use for these shorts in Japan.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Ahh, it's nice to know that so many of the AG regulars made it in this time. The last ANA special was fun, but the pokémon used in it weren't exactly the ones people take much interest in. Haruka's Squirtle, Phanpy, Bonsly...not exactly the best team to assemble for an animated short.
Kind of disapointing to hear that Sceptile wasn't in it though. It'd been fun to see him featured in a cartoon like this.

So...uhh...what did Combusken do? Something awesome I trust? :)
And was there any Wynaut/Wobba interaction?
And what's the deal with Exploud?
And should I store my bank statements in a metallic or cardboard box?

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Combusken lost at the seed spitting contest. Other than that I don't remeber.

Wobbuffet really didn't do much as I recall.

Exploud and hariyama seemed to be working for Meowth and the rest of Team Rocket's pokémon present. They kept the island's pokémon off their island.

Opal Pikachu13

Combusken fought Hariyama, and burnted its butt,lol.....and Combusken did lose at the seed spitting contest, with of course, Pikachu being the winner. Yeah, Chatot was on Meowth's side too, also Hariyama and Exploud. Also Team Rocket's Pokemon were there too. They kicked Wynaut and the other Pokemon out of the island and tried to take over the playground. I got to watch that DVD again.

DarkLatios

SHINE GET
Its an OK short, albeit being something too cartoonish.
Anyone know what happened to Hariyama and Exploud after Team Rocket and Chatot were blasted off?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
This was pretty cute...but, where did Hariyama, Exploud, and Chatot come from?

Anyway...um, I thought the narrator did a pretty good job.

Oh, and Corphish's bubbles cause third-degree burns now...

scissorX

How come Sceptile wasn't included? You can never to too cool to miss out on a Pikachu adventure! Even if you are a big green butt kicking machine.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I was gutted at Sceptile's absense. Come to think of it, where's Swellow? And Forretress not being there is just one more nail in a very heavily nailed coffin.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Did they really need to translate what they were saying? We've gone through many different specials understanding whats going on.

Was the japanese one like this too?

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Great Pikachu Short. I was also surprised that most of the Pokemon dialogue was translated into English (sans Meowth of course). Speaking of Meowth, he sounded more cocky than usual.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
At least I can finally do my reviews after two weeks. :p

I don't know about this movie short. It had an interesting story, and I love Meowth, Wobbuffet, and the rest of the Team Rocket pokemon's part in the story (I'm interested to find out where they got that hariyama and exploud to come with them). I like that they got to have a decent fight in the episode, too, even though they ended up blasting off. The final battle was awesome (and I love the wynauts!).

What brings the short down, though, is Narrator Mike doing all the pokemon translations. Although it's interesting to hear what the pokemon were actually saying, it was REALLY distracting. The short might have been better if they'd done the translations the way they did in "Island of the Giant Pokemon", it wouldn't have been as bad.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
was this good, i never saw it?