• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu's Rescue Adventure! (P02)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great short. i loved to see Elekid.

And Snorlax was the big hero, i loved it...

6/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I LOVED the opening theme to this special mini-movie! About the special though: I liked that Pikachu and some of the other Pokemon went through hell just to rescue Togepi. It was so cute. But all the random things like Clefairy and its Metronome, Bellossom's musicial number, Meowth's adventure, et cetera, really put me out. At least we saw teamwork between Pikachu and Elekid, and a happy ending. 8/10.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
I really didn't like this Pikachu short... It was way too slow for my liking... The teamwork between Pikachu and Elekid was cool. Rescuing Togepi definitely wasn't easy. I didn't like the non-Narration of this short.

30/100

I love it. I remember seeing Ledyba for the first time and immediately loving it! Those Ledyba were so cute! Also nice to see those Pokemon in the forest, and Togepi together with Exeggcute was a cool idea. The Bellossom song is also great, even though there are some mistakes in it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I think this has to be my favorite Pikachu short. It's rather creative, and colorful, and I think this is the earliest instance of a rescue team that I know of. I find myself enjoying this more than the movie it premiered with because of how simple the story is, and yet it got really intense at its climax. I like the idea of a large tree holding a Pokémon community in it (even a Snorlax), and how they all care for each other. I actually find it funny how Ash, Misty, and Tracey are so oblivious to what their Pokémon do when they're not looking. Heck, that goes for every short. It really makes you wonder.

Also, the music at the beginning is really catchy. I haven't seen it in a while, but I can sing the song without fail (even if it's really cheesy).

JudySpell

Banned
I liked this Pika short much more than the vacation one. Togepi getting lost was annoying sure but seeing Elekid and other new Pokemon was worth it. 8/10

Gillachu

Banned
If Togepi hadn't been fascinated by those Ledyba, none of this would've happened. I only liked seeing Elekid debut and the Bellossom scene. :cool:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I liked how the huge tree had several different environments and the Bellossom dance scene was adorable. Elekid and Pikachu teaming up to hit the lightning bolts was cool and I felt bad for Meowth. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was an okay short. I liked the Bellossom dance, Meowth's appearances, and Snorlax trying to help out. I also liked the appearances by wild versions of Team Rocket's Pokemon. The three Victreebel on that vine were so cute.

Alloutℯ

Banned
When I saw this short for the first time, I was thinking that the Snorlax was Ash's, but I don't think it was now. Elekid helping Pikachu find Togepi was cool and I liked when they both repelled the lightning strikes at the climax.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
When I saw this short for the first time, I was thinking that the Snorlax was Ash's, but I don't think it was now.

It definitely wasn't Ash's lol. That wouldn't have made much sense, because we didn't see Snorlax hanging out with Pikachu's group when they went after Togepi.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
"Cartoon style"? The whole show is a cartoon lol.

I think he means that this Pikachu short was more fanciful than some of the others, which I agree with cuz this short only had tension during the storm scenes and was lively and whimsical before that.

I didn't get the whole Exeggcute and Togepi sub-plot when I saw this special as a kid, but the addition of Elekid and other new Pokemon had me glued to the screen. Loved the Meowth and Gyarados scene too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
As much as I adore Togepy, it was responsible for the whole misadventure since it got distracted by the swarm of Ledyba. The fact that Pikachu, Elekid, and the others had to find the lost Nassy was an exhausting subplot, although I did kind of chuckle when we saw Gyarados almost chomp Nyasu. The storm scene had clumsy animation, however.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, I remember thinking that perhaps the Elekid sketch that Kenji showed to Okido-hakase in the main anime was drawn in this short since this was the only point in the Orange Archipelago that Elekid appeared.