• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu's reset button?

redrunner89

Serebii War Leader
Okay why is it that every single time that Ash goes to a new region Pikachu becomes weaker than it was in the season before, Ash's pikachu say in the D/P series should have beaten Paul's Elekid so easily.

Because when the cameras weren't looking he slaped it back to level 7 XDXDXD

No, seriously,

OK, I made that up, Each season its about how he trains his Pokemon, How would you catch Pokemon in the game with average Pokeballs if you started the game with a LV100

redrunner89 said:
Okay why is it that every single time that Ash goes to a new region Pikachu becomes weaker than it was in the season before, Ash's pikachu say in the D/P series should have beaten Paul's Elekid so easily.

QFT

Every damn season. Pikachu's always at least a reliable fighter, a good staple, but everytime Ash goes somewhere new, somehow he just ends up as battle fodder for a new pokemon to show of its skillz.

Perhaps remaining in an unevolved form for too long while continually battling causes Pikachu's strength to fluctuate cyclically.

Or perhaps it's just a plothole and the writers just don't care.

Ash is a s***head. He can't train. Whenever nobody is looking, he breeds a Pikachu, kills the first one and gives it egg moves. Ash is a cruel kid (I mean adult for how long hes been going for).

UberSorcerer

Sence the anime, sence the Gizelle ep, some 400 eps ago, has no mention of levels, it's safe to assume pokemon have skillz, not levels, which means Ash panics at new monsters, which disorientates pika.

The writers need the main character(s) to have challenges, so they nerf Pikachu every once in a while.

Arbok

aka Arbok
If they didn't used his 'Reset Button,' he would win every fight and... I don't think anyone whants that?

Villi

Shimama!
Pikachu isn't a solid player. He has good games and bad games. Each time Pikachu goes to a new region, he loses his confidence and focus. It takes a while to get it back.

Spoken from a soccer players perspective.

mr.lucario

because if they didnt nerf him he would kill a pokemon every time he looked at them not kidding

TogeticTheRuler

Yeah, his Pikachu can beat a Regice, but not a normal elekid from a beginner trainer?o_O
I don`t think its based off "levels" from training, but more on stragedy which could be an explanation.

Blair

[BLOCK]
Ash is a s***head. He can't train. Whenever nobody is looking, he breeds a Pikachu, kills the first one and gives it egg moves. Ash is a cruel kid (I mean adult for how long hes been going for).

I don't think so because Ash seems awfully kind to everyone (if you've seen it) remember that episode when Ash was in the kanto reigon and he ran into a bunch of pikachu and later on left pikachu and ran off leaving his best freind so pikachu could be happy. So no I don't think so

Because Pikachu is cheap, lame and is getting his due for being so overpowered in the 1st season. Pika beating Nidoqueen, Machamp and Golem?

Dragonfan

Best. Rank. Ever!
Because Pikachu is cheap, lame and is getting his due for being so overpowered in the 1st season. Pika beating Nidoqueen, Machamp and Golem?
And onix and geodude etc. On topic; Maybe the pikachu gets a break down after every pokemon league? @.0

shooting star

Leaving SPPF! G'bye!
No! This is the real answer!
When ash finds stronger pokemon, he first helps them and stuff without having a thought of catching, than, when the show is over, he makes a pitfall trap and squeezes them into a pikachu costume. But when he leaves the region, the pokemon takes their chance to escape.

Enemy trainer: Hmm.. that pikachu is formed like a bunch of rocks and keeps using ancientpower.. I think You are cheating!
Ash: Hey! My pika is uber! I wont cheat!

"L"

I have come to 2 conclusions

1. Ash pumps his Pikachu with Steroids, and by the end of the season, it dies of an overdose. When no one is looing, he catches a new Pikachu, and threatens to cut it's tail of and shove it up his *** if it doesnt pretend that it is the old Pikachu. In the begining of the new journey, it is weak, but as the weeks progress, Ash feeds it more and more steroids until it is once again a powerful drugged up rodent(and dies)

2. Ash is a dimwit who cant teach a piece of sh*t to come out of his ***

Last edited: