• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikachu's Winter Vacation: "Delibird's Dilemma" & "Snorlax Snowmen"! (004)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Delibird Dillema!

Whilst Playing, Totodile accidently shoots a snowball into the air hitting a Delibird. This happens to be Santa's Delibird and all it's presents are thrown about everywhere. Its up to Pikachu & co. to get the Presents back before Christmas is ruined

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Snorlax Snowmen!

When Pikachu & Co. Make some Snowmen in the Snow, Totodile makes a 'Snow'lax. After going to sleep, the 'Snow'lax comes to life and ask Pikachu & Co. to help it go back to it's group on 'Snow'laxes. Can Pikachu help 'Snow'lax?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

A very wierd episode. I can't belive they called it Delibirds Dielima. And its in the Chronicals seires? But nice to see a SKarmory and Ashs Johtos and Brocks Geodude and Pysduck. Noctowl, Cyndaquil, Bulbasaur, Chicorita, Totoidle, Pikachu, Geodude, Togipei and Psyduck where there main pokemon we know but Wobberfet and Meowth didn't appear much did they?

Wee, Noctowl, he rocked. Pretty funny at poitns and the music was a nice change from the Hoenn music i'm used to well that and the Raikou music.

Apoim, Skarmory, Gloom, Delibird, Stantler all amde appearences and they all had nice voices. I like Apoms its kinda like Skiplooms.

Totodile and his snowballs were funny though.

But the narrator was annoying! I was luck SHUT UP! I DON'T CARE!

No major bad points except the narrator.

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
It was a gd episode but it was to quick and i think the narrator is annoying a bit and how come it is a chronical episode ?

Mudkip girl said:
It was a gd episode but it was to quick and i think the narrator is annoying a bit and how come it is a chronical episode ?

Becasue its a non-movie pikachu short so how else will it be shown. I guess.

Snowlax Snowman, great title (Scarcasum)

Wee, Ashs Johto pokemon, YAY! And Geodude and Psyduck.

The snorlax snowman was cute though. It was funny when it came to life though and Psyduck fell over when they were funny toward the snowlax.

Why does a Snowman need food? That doesn't make sense but they were riding the snowman off the cliff. 0_o

Hee, it went to sleep and the lights int he sky were jst kinda wierd but that classic music came on then a wirlpool came. I was like WTF that was random.

dID YOU SEE gEODUDES FACE WHENT HEY WERE INT HE wHIRPOOL Classic.

Magicarp and alright music at the same time and chincho, quilfish, horsea, mantine, seadra, tentacruel, tentacool. All apeared at one point.

No team rocket pokemon this time. :( Not even Meowth. There were loads of Snoalx Snowmen. Awwww.

Atleast they had different music this timenot Hoenn music different music and none of the Raikou Music either.

Pikachu rolling was quiet funny. But it kinda confuse dme when the snowman was suddenly normal again.

But both of the epsidoes today were good.

Sasuke.

I thought this second part of todays Chronicle's was awesome. Beautifully drawn and animated, even the music was OK.
+ Snorlax snowman wth?
+ Psyduck pwns
+ Aurora Borealis
+ Seel & Dewgong, Tentacool & Tentacruel, Remoraid, Mantine, Horsea, Quilfish, Chinchou, Magikarp, Horsea & Seadra, Lapras, and even a Dratini! Totally cool :D
+ Togepi's back, aw cutey

The first one was kind of boring though

poke_girl

The Amazing
I missed it, because of the stupid Sky+ planner removing it..

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Torkaol Stu said:
But the narrator was annoying! I was luck SHUT UP! I DON'T CARE!

No major bad points except the narrator.

What?! I thought the narrator for this episode was great! He had a really deep shrewd voice similar to all those narrators who covered christmas specials of films and cartoons etc. Good standard me thinks.

Give the dub credit this time round, it appears all voices in this episode were all kept from what we've heard before in the dub (I think, I can't quite remember Aipoms), so there's some sort of consistancy achieved on 4kids part here for once. I mean based on recent performance this could have been a total disaster but they seemed to have done their research for this one.

As for the episode itself I thought it would be quite childish, but I actually enjoyed it, reminded of almost Tom and Jerry standard with the amount of goofy mistakes trying to retain all the presents before midnight. Meowth and Wobbeffut didn't do all that much apart from getting pwned by a Skarmory (although unjustified!).

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Yeah equally as enjoyable as the first, I was suprised how the two Lapras's managed to rescue all pokémon, including Snorlax, that should have broken their backs! I mean in reality this had a completely pointless story to it other than spending time with an odd looking Snorlax watching the sky at night. And yes I agree the singing background music was quite nice, went well with the episode.

Once again all voices were kept as previously heard, including Dewgong and Seal who only made small cameo appearances. All apart from Snorlax, who managed to say his first part of his name with an actual harsh snoring effect, and then the second part with a slightly higher pitched "lax!". Hmm odd.

I don't want to keep comparing the dub with the original but considering the amount of stick they recieved with the Raikou special, I think they managed to do a lot better here, although it's not like it's all that hard to cover a few pokémon voices, not all that much of a translation needed really.

The narrator wasn't as good the one from the Delibird episode, more like the one now heard in Hoenn. Other than that both episodes were light-hearted and enjoyable enough.

poke_girl

The Amazing
Sharpshooter said:
The narrator wasn't as good the one from the Delibird episode, more like the one now heard in Hoenn. Other than that both episodes were light-hearted and enjoyable enough.
What Narrator was this?
Did I miss something? oh god... Did I miss last weeks Chronicals too? what one was that??

halloweenghost

Not too bad brought back alot of Johto memories.. wow do I miss Ash's old Chikorita... Bayleef is just as good but I really liked chikorita.

I enjoyed the snorlax snowman more then Delibird's Delimma. Of course best part for me was when the whirlpool froze and they saw all those water types . It made me smile when Cyndaquil puffed it's flames in responce to Qwilfish puffing up :)

Was also great to see a Dratini as you don't get to see one much..

Reminded me very much of the old christmas short. "the Snowman"

Was overall, a feel good laid back fun filled episode :)

a few posts back someone mentioned the snow snorlax was back again.... I'm pretty sure the whole thing was a dream.

Last edited:
S

Shining_Espeon

i found the first short incredibly stupid. The narrator + the storyline of Delibird's Dilemma made me feel like I was watching a show out of Nick Jr. (which is a network for toddlers)

However, I found Snorlax Snowmen! very,very cute. I loved the music in both shorts. It's a refreshing change from the mainstream series music.

Jolteon Jordan

As Fast As a Star...
I thought it was so cute.

halloweenghost

The Great Butler said:
These were enjoyable to watch. Nothing remarkable, but fun nonetheless.

Only thing strange is watching them in the summer........

I felt the same way.. would have been more enjoyable during the Holidays :) It almost put me in the christmas spirit, but the heat of summer killed that lol

Staryu

I know, I know..
These were horrible. I hate ones where it's just Pokemon saying their names for 60 minutes. I had to turn it off ><..hopefully next week will be better.