• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikmin Discussion Thread version 2.0

What`s your Favorite type of Pikmin ?

• Total voters

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I decided to start off on a new foot with this discussion since the last thread has became deadpooled after it has been 1 month and almost 20 days since the last post which I actually went crazily on about there not being a Wii version of Pikmin 2 in North America. I can assure you now that I won`t go on about with that but full discussion of the series instead of that. Now that this has been said about how this new thread would go on about , I would like to start off with the fact that both Purple and White Pikmin would have made the first game easier if they were in the game. Sure would have made the final boss version of Emperor Bulblax sure less tougher with the fact that the Purples would have dealt more damage and the Whites would have poisoned the Emperor. Actually can`t wait to here more info about Pikmin 3. Gonna probably beat that it might come out in 2012 or 2013 if it continues to follow the same pattern as Super Paper Mario`s transition from GameCube to Wii.

Blazios

Wait, shouldn't the poll have Bulbmin?

Well, adding Whites to the first game would make Emperor Bulblax a complete joke. Why do you think the lategame bosses and final boss of Pikmin 2 were all mouthless?

I'd like to see the Waterwraith expanded on in the sequel. As good of a boss as it is, I'd like to see some sort of origin for it. Also, thanks to Whites, the Smoky Progg would make a decent regular boss, if not normal enemy.

Oh, and I don't care how non-politically correct I'm being, I'm calling them Wollywogs and Wogpoles and that's that.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Oops , Forgot about the Bulbmin. Thanks for reminding me about this by the way. Gonna ask a moderator to add Bulbmin in the poll ASAP. The farthest I got in my only run of Pikmin 2 was as far as the " White Flower Garden " cave in the Awakening Woods and didn`t actually encounter Bulbmin in my run of the game. My Wii`s GameCube memory slot A getting messed up caused me not to get any farther in the game. And about the Water Wraith , I guess that it`s major weakness would turn out to be some sort of new type of Pikmin that is heavier than the Purple Pikmin if they decide to bring back the Water Wraith in Pikmin 3. Also gonna ask to add the Mushroom Pikmin to the poll since they were a type of Pikmin that appeared in the series as of now. I know that they were actually brainwashed Pikmin that the Puffstool controlled , but they were a type of Pikmin species discovered.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Steve is my favorite kind of Pikmin. Whites are also cool.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I used to think this game sucked, until I saw an LP of it on YouTube. Looks too hard for me though.

Bianca~

Almost Never Online.
Sorry if I spoil any gameplay features for anyone, but I'm pretty sure everything I'll mention is common knowledge by now.

I waited quite a while for Pikmin 2 to come out for the Wii in North America, but it never did as far as I know. I had to buy the pricey Gamecube version instead. It's a good game, but I still need to finish it sometime. I'm not really sure how much there is left for me to do, but I think I have around 5000 currency.

I noticed that the second game is based heavily on caves, though. This is probably the main thing I disliked about the game as a whole. Pikmin 1 was great level-wise, but I didn't really like the 30 day time limit. So far, there has always been a major blemish keeping me from loving the games, but hopefully Pikmin 3 will be incredible. ^_^

Blazios

People need to remember that NPC! Pikmin 2 only had a single addition, which was the Wii controls. Unlike the first Pikmin, which had that and the really nice feature of being able to return to any day you want on your save file.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I think that they did that in the NPC! version of Pikmin was that in case if you might mess up and want to retry to get the 100% ending. They might not have put in NPC! Pikmin 2 because the game had an unlimited day limit unlike the first game which had that 30 day limit. Now that this is cleared up in some way , I personally think that the reason we in North America hasn`t got the Wii version is either there saying to release it sometime around the time Pikmin 3 comes out or that there having the same problem to localize the game like the Virtual Console version of EarthBound. Kinda now leaning on that it looks like that it`s the same case with EarthBound now since that the NPC! series ended back in 2009. It kinda now gives me hope that there`s possible chance to get the game since that Chibi - Robo dosen`t have the Wii listed as one of the console the game is on the ESRB website while Pikmin 2 has it. Now that has been cleared off my chest now , Kinda hoping to see that the Purple and White Pikmin get there own Onion in Pikmin 3 instead of the ship holding them for you. I would guess that the newier types of Pikmin introduced in Pikmin 3 would be held in the ship if they don`t have an Onion of there own.

Bianca~

Almost Never Online.
People need to remember that NPC! Pikmin 2 only had a single addition, which was the Wii controls. Unlike the first Pikmin, which had that and the really nice feature of being able to return to any day you want on your save file.

Speaking of the Wii controls, can anybody let me know how well they actually worked? Did anyone prefer them over the original Gamecube controls? I've never been able to try out the NPC games. I remember seeing a demo version at a GameStop, but for one reason or another I wasn't interested at the time.

Bianca~

Almost Never Online.
I'd love to try the controls sometime, but I probably won't any time soon unless NPC! Pikmin 2 is released where I am. Fortunately, Pikmin 3, which I've heard will be a Wii U launch title, will definitely have the new controls along with whatever the Wii U controller can do.

It will be interesting to see how good the game looks in HD. I thought Pikmin 2 looked great already, so I'll enjoy seeing how the third installment looks.

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
I actually recently got Pikmin 2! Man, that thing is hard to get a hold of. I mean seriously. Pikmin 2 is my favorite game now! ...Tied with Pokemon LeafGreen.
And I like White Pikmin. They were the first Pikmin I really saw. Because they set up Pikmin 2 at a Target when it came out, and the White Pikmin were what caught my attention. I don't think I'll really be interested when/if Pikmin 2 comes out for the Wii. I'm more of a Gamecube fan, honestly.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Love this series and is probably my favorite series too. The idea is so original and addictive, plus the sequel's battle mode is so much fun!

As for the 3rd installment on the Wii U, I don't mind, I think the game would look even more mind blowing in HD. Plus, there's the new controller to incorporate. I hope the main game can support multiplayer. I would prefer it being up to 3 players as I think the screen divided into less than half would be too confusing (saying that one of the players has the game streamed to the Wii U controller). As for battle mode, it would be tricky to add in a 3rd player considering the Pikmin's abilities but I hope it can somehow be pulled off.

As for purple and white Pikmin getting their own onions, as much as I would like it, I'd prefer not. They're just too powerful.

Mankanshoku Mako

As for purple and white Pikmin getting their own onions, as much as I would like it, I'd prefer not. They're just too powerful.

Agreed. Being able to raise purple pikmin in the numbers that can be done with reds, yellows, and blues would make the game too easy (unless they balanced it by making all the enemies too hard to defeat, rendering the other species of pikmin useless in combat.).

Thriller

Its almost time
What got me for Pikmin 2 (didn't play the first one) was the beautiful graphics, the product placement (I LOVE video games that feature real-world items), the interesting animals and the music.

The Perplexing Pool song is so soothing.

But I'm getting impatient for another sequel. What's the hold-up Miyamoto?

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
The only way that I can actually see that they might give the two new types of Pikmin 2 ( Purples and White ) is that if they add Pikmin that out powers the Purples by surpassing the Purples one Pikmin carrying capacity. Like for example by this if they decide to introduce a new type of Pikmin that there carrying capacity is 100 in which that they would surpass the Purples 10 carrying capacity. But besides the point , The excellent ending of the first games actually shows that there is such thing as Purple Onion as well as other colors that would probably be appearing in future installments.
NewOnions.png
Kinda guess they scraped the Purple Onion because of them having caves in the second game. Also on the things that they scrapped , Kinda shocked to see that the Yellows were actually planed to have there immunity in Pikmin 2 instead of bomb rocks in the first game and that bomb rocks were actually planed to be usable to all Pikmin in the first game let instead of a yellow only specialty. Just hoping now that there will be some early info about Pikmin 3 anytime soon. Actually wondering what the new characters that they would introduce in the game since Miyamoto said that the Wii U would be home to new characters. Makes me wonder if there planing to add a third playable captain ( fourth since the President was the 3rd actual playable character. ). That though would make work get 3x faster instead of the 2x faster from Pikmin 2.

Last edited:

Bianca~

Almost Never Online.
I started a new file a couple days ago, and I'm enjoying the caves slightly more than I did last time, but I still feel as if they are a hindrance to the gameplay.

I enjoy exploring the new, interesting terrains and admiring the details and differences between the areas, and generally I have a lot of fun with it. But then I reach another linear, monotonous cave and I find myself wanting to stop. By the time I finish trudging through the 10 or so sublevels and beating that cave's boss, I don't even want to play the game anymore because I know that yet another cave is waiting for me right around the corner. That's usually when I stop playing. The caves kind of ruin the experience for me.

Does anyone else think similarly?

Last edited:

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I`m kinda agree that the dungeon designs in Pikmin 2 with as much as far that I got to before my memory slot A for my Wii messed up were great for graphics from the GameCube. My favorite one of the dungeons was the White Flower Garden based on the treasures in the dungeons. That being said since my favorite treasure in the whole game was in that dungeon which happens to be Alien Billboard. Now on a side note since that I kinda have some news about it , Finally got some reason on which the most likely reason why the New Play Control! Pikmin 2 ain`t released here in North America yet. That most likely reason is the idea that it would that it wouldn`t be accepted or enjoyed. Got that info from an Nintendo customer rep if there`s any questioning on the matter.

MonkeyX

The pikmin games were great, I cant wait for pikmin 3 it would be a great launch game for wiiU.

The final boss in pikmin 2 was intense, I wonder how nintendo could possibly top it.