• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pikmin Series Discussion Thread

KillerDraco

...Does anyone else have problems with the Dodge Whistle? It seems like half the time I use it, there's always about 5-10 Pikmin that ignore the whistle, and just keep walking normally rather than rolling to the side. It's not even those farthest from me, it's usually a random couple right in the middle. And it's making this zero-death run more annoying than it needs to be.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
^I always forget about said whistle's existence, so no, I have not...

After my brother gets done with his play through, I'm going to try what I call a triple fruit play through. Same as the regular campaign, except for me to proceed, I must have 3X the fruit as the number day it is.

I'll probably end up doing a double fruit playthrough, but does anyone think that would be possible?

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
On the final boss now, but first I'm collecting all fruit. And, I LOVE that whistle. Perfect for use against Scornet Maestro, Quaggled Mireclops, and Sandbelching Meerslug. And, I believe if the Pikmin have been given a previous command, or are out of throwing range, then they ignore the whistle.

All fruit in Garden of Hope, distant tundra, and currently working on Twilight River. The formidable oak can wait

Cloneydew2000

WildScraggyAppeared!
On the final boss now, but first I'm collecting all fruit. And, I LOVE that whistle. Perfect for use against Scornet Maestro, Quaggled Mireclops, and Sandbelching Meerslug. And, I believe if the Pikmin have been given a previous command, or are out of throwing range, then they ignore the whistle.

All fruit in Garden of Hope, distant tundra, and currently working on Twilight River. The formidable oak can wait

Good strategy, just be sure not to get Wollywogged too much, it can make a good day bad.

KillerDraco

And, I believe if the Pikmin have been given a previous command, or are out of throwing range, then they ignore the whistle.

False, it's supposed to only be those who are not part of your squad who ignore it. The farthest Pikmin from the captain can still dodge, while often Pikmin in the middle of the group are the ones that ignore it when I encounter this issue.

The Trend

Banned
HOnestly The Trend has never seen what's so good about Pikmin 2. It personally finds dungeon crawlers kinda boring and the best thing about Pikmin in The Trend's opinion is the exploration of distant worlds and having to hunt for the objects, not just doing linear dungeons. Also Pikmin 3 isn't that short. The Trend is like 46 days in and I still have like 15 fruits left to find.

Last edited:
I played both Pikmin and Pikmin 2 for Gamecube and I loved them. The only I don't bought Pikmin 3 is because I don't have a Wii U, I don't planning to buy one in the near future.

KillerDraco

HOnestly The Trend has never seen what's so good about Pikmin 2. It personally finds dungeon crawlers kinda boring and the best thing about Pikmin in The Trend's opinion is the exploration of distant worlds and having to hunt for the objects, not just doing linear dungeons. Also Pikmin 3 isn't that short. The Trend is like 46 days in and I still have like 15 fruits left to find.

46 seems pretty slow from personal experience. My first playthrough was a zero death run (i.e., being more careful than normal), and it only took 26, with all fruits gathered. Not sure where the extra 20 days would be needed.

The Trend

Banned
46 seems pretty slow from personal experience. My first playthrough was a zero death run (i.e., being more careful than normal), and it only took 26, with all fruits gathered. Not sure where the extra 20 days would be needed.

This is The Trend's first Pikmin game. It often spends a few days exploring the area to see where everything is, plus bosses usually take it about 2-3 days.

The Trend has a question though. It is aware the WiiU is not a trend yet for many reasons such as being unable to bring memory from WiiU to another (which is very stupid if you ask The Trend, you should be able to transfer a digital game through a USB in order to share), but The Trend is aware your Pikmin data saves onto your ID not onto the system. The Trend is wondering if you are able to sign into your ID on another WiiU and your Pikmin 3 data would be retained. If anyone could clear that up that would be very trendy, thanks.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
^Trendy, trendy. I can certainly see why you would want to take it all in... It's going to be Nintendo's best looking game until the eventual Zelda/Metroid Wii U game.

The Trend

Banned
The Trend does not care for looks too much. It is just a trend to explore. When The Trend was just a child, it would often explore forests to see what wildlife is around. Pikmin 3 reminds The Trend of this experience.

The Trend

Banned
The Trend feels if you go after all the fruits and you are inexperienced it is not that short. The Trend is 51 in game days in and still has 4 fruit left to go.

KillerDraco

I don't actually have Pikmin 3 and I know its pretty short. It looks visually stunning though, should I buy it?

You should. While I personally believe it's not quite as good as Pikmin 2, this is very debatable, and it is certainly a good game in its own right.

KillerDraco

After 60 days and 1034 pikmin lost, The Trend has finally 100% completed Pikmin 3.

...Congrats, that is literally the most Pikmin lost I've ever seen. And that includes seeing a few people run into a Pikmin extinction. Guess morale must've been pretty low in that army-