• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Piloswine Ancient Power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenta master

Marsh Trainer
Hey there trainers ;) Do U know how ;221; learn the Ancient Power attack to evolve to it's new form ;473;? Will it learn the attack when ;220; evolve to ;221;? I really don't know :/...

diablocon

Final Fantasy Fan
Actually, Piloswine doesn't learn Ancient Power at Level 33. You have to Move Tutor him it.

dnglover25

Hikari Trainer
Swinub evolves at 33 and learns ancient power so it can evolve again at level 34.

Zig

Growl
Serebii Pokédex sais that Piloswine knows AP from birth, but Swinub can't learn AP by Level Up. I don't kwno if there's in D/P something like a moverelearner, but if there is I think that's the best option. Else you can breed Swinub w/ AP as egg move.

diablocon

Final Fantasy Fan
Serebii Pokédex sais that Piloswine knows AP from birth, but Swinub can't learn AP by Level Up. I don't kwno if there's in D/P something like a moverelearner, but if there is I think that's the best option. Else you can breed Swinub w/ AP as egg move.

That's what I said, take him to the Move Tutor (Relearner).

You guys are confusing me. I thought it was just Swinub + Evolve lv 33= Piloswine + Ancient Power= Manmuu.

diablocon

Final Fantasy Fan
You guys are confusing me. I thought it was just Swinub + Evolve lv 33= Piloswine + Ancient Power= Manmuu.

It is, but Swinub/Piloswine can only learn Ancient Power by the Move Relearner or Breeding.

wichu

How do they get it by egg move? I thought level-up attacks needed both parents, therefore a Swinub/Piloswine, to know it. You could always use the move tutor, then breed though...

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
This is what they are saying. In order for piloswine to have ancientpower, it has to learn it by the move relearner. Like charizard's heat wave, or blaziken's fire punch.

dnglover25

Hikari Trainer
This is what they are saying. In order for piloswine to have ancientpower, it has to learn it by the move relearner. Like charizard's heat wave, or blaziken's fire punch.

I was just talking about that yesterday when i remembered i did that to my blaziken.

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
Ok, does anyone find it weird that EVERY move based evolution except for the babies(Mime Jr. and Bonsly) happens after lv. 33?

n00b_pwn3r

Snorlax eats n00bs!!
Today in Emerald, I teamed up with a Piloswine and it knew Ancientpower, and that was kinda wierd. Glitched up, or did they put that in to taunt us?

On topic, you need to go to the move relearner to get ancientpower on a Swinub/Piloswine to evolve into Manmuu.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Today in Emerald, I teamed up with a Piloswine and it knew Ancientpower, and that was kinda wierd. Glitched up, or did they put that in to taunt us?

No, they kinda stuffed up this gen. When old Pokemon evolve they've always had it evolve via a method previously unobtainable which is why you can't get Bellossom/Crobat/Steelix/Blissey/whatever in RGBY. The same goes for breeding which is why you can't breed to get Azurill or Wynaut in GSC. The problem they have now is there is no logical way to explain why Piloswine, which learns Ancientpower as an egg move in Emerald, doesn't evolve into Manmoo in ADV. Same goes for Lickitung who can learn Rollout in Emerald via Move Tutor. At least Tangela and Yanma's evolutions work. They never could learn Ancientpower before DP so that's why they couldn't evolve.

Also, you can take Piloswine to a move relearner to get Ancientpower but seeing as though Heart Scales are had to come across in DP, you're probably better off breeding with something to get it as it's an egg move for Swinub.

Status
Not open for further replies.