• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pinch Healing! (464)

HoennMaster

First giant Aipom and then Giant Whismur, what's next?

TeddiUrsa

Mh, maybe we´ll see soe kingler in a future episode as a GIANT crab? Sorry,..couldn´t resist ^^;

This episode was rather boring...it was nice that james mentioned harley (-sama, I think), and seeing brock working as a doctor was a good as well,..but a bit more brock/joy interaction would have been nice...

the animation in this one were very bad as well,..

at least the bagon from this episode didn´t evolve at the end so it was only a 90% copy of the older bagon filler..
I should stop avoiding any news for an episode..It was rather disapponting.

meh, I hope next weeks episode is better...

Pikafan

Ashfan for life
I think Ash Should've caught that Bagon since Ash had a close bond with it by standing by it the whole episode.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Electrode. In a tree. I think we saw an example of that back in the first season (Movie 1 or 2). Still doesn't make a whole lotta sense, but oh well.

Shoot, I thought this was a nice episode. Did you guys see the animation kick up a knotch during the Rocket fight and subsequent blast off scene? Holy heck, it was kickin'! And something other than a Pikachu Thunderbolt to finish up the scene rather nicely.

TeddiUrsa

Shoot, I thought this was a nice episode. Did you guys see the animation kick up a knotch during the Rocket fight and subsequent blast off scene? Holy heck, it was kickin'! And something other than a Pikachu Thunderbolt to finish up the scene rather nicely.

I thought that the TR battle scenes were old footage from an earlier episode. the pokeball-throwing and the attacks and pikachu´s volt-tackle ( it was in another episode with the same explsion, it was mirrored this time).

but, yeah. it looked a lot better than the rest of the episode...I will have nightmare of this giant whismur today...

funny fact: I played pokemon emerald today and caught a shiny whismur after watching the episode ! I don´t play pokemon very often anymore, which makes it even more funny

but I guess even my shiny whismur isn´t as special as this episodes "monster" ( it deserves the name truly)

Last edited:

Man-Afi

It does sound boring, usual TR. Is this that Larvitar Ash had?

It's nice to see Bagon, I love that pokemon, lol.

Alfonso

Derpgull
It really is episodes like this, having heard most of the negative feedback, that force me to avoid the Pokemon anime until the very last episode before they go to Shinou. Because the fillers really are incredibly boring. :<

Wait, Electrode in a tree?

How the hell did it get up there? It's a ball, so it couldn't have jumped that high. And even if it did, how did it manage to stay up there without rolling off?

Bring back Harley please. ;-;

SuperShadow

I do believe that you are forgetting giant Treeko, Gulpin, Gengar, Alakazam, and Jigglypuff. Bagon thought the law of physics would bend for him.

It really is episodes like this, having heard most of the negative feedback, that force me to avoid the Pokemon anime until the very last episode before they go to Shinou. Because the fillers really are incredibly boring. :<

Wait, Electrode in a tree?

How the hell did it get up there? It's a ball, so it couldn't have jumped that high. And even if it did, how did it manage to stay up there without rolling off?
Maybe it was stuck between branches, how it got up there is beyound all of us.

Bring back Harley please. ;-;
Agreed, he was a great character, He must return.

Last edited:

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
I read on Bulbapedia that brock's marshtomp evoles this episode , is that true?

Geodude

Whoever said this ep was boring must not have actually watched it. If you look at something like "Whichever Way the Wind Blows", now there's boring. But this is yet another solid AG filler overall. And if you've missed all the AG filler episodes, Alfonso, you've missed some excellent ones.
More boring filler where nothing happens. Yawn.
So no captures, evolutions, contests, or gym battles automatically equals boring? How shallow can you possibly be? There's a lot more to the show than just those things. There's character development, moments where aspects of a character are brought into the spotlight, humor...and just plain entertainment. Whatever happened to just sitting back and watching, being entertained by a form of entertainment that you like, rather than constantly complaining about it?
I read on Bulbapedia that brock's marshtomp evoles this episode , is that true?
Why did you even post this? Use some freakin' common sense. If something as major as that had happened, don't you think it would have been mentioned long before now? And don't you think it would have showed up in the episode pictures, which you should have had the sense to check before asking this?

Last edited:
So no captures, evolutions, contests, or gym battles automatically equals boring? How shallow can you possibly be? There's a lot more to the show than just those things. There's character development, moments where aspects of a character are brought into the spotlight, humor...and just plain entertainment. Whatever happened to just sitting back and watching, being entertained by a form of entertainment that you like, rather than constantly complaining about it?
Or maybe, I dunno, it was boring because it just was? Not being about the things mentioned above doesn't make the episodes boring, but actually BEING boring does.

Geodude

So seeing Sceptile jump on the end of that log and flip Bagon into the air was boring? Seeing some all-too-well-deserved spotlight time for Brock where he actually does something major was boring? Seeing development for May and Max by having them bond with Pokemon that aren't theirs was boring? Seeing the funny Warner Brothers-style chain of events that caused the bus accident was boring? It must take a lot to keep you entertained.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
My god!
My word!
My lumbago!
THAT ELECTRODE HAD THE BEST VOICE EVER!
...umm. That was pretty much one of the very few highlights of this episode.

There were others however, and they include (and are limited to);

-Jessie looking real fine as Team Rocket were making their get away in the balloon, just after the usual motto assualt. Dayam.
-James' PO'd pose. For some reason, it was oddly amusing. The very adorable image of an irritated Manene only helped in making the scene THAT much funnier.
-Sceptile proving it's masculinity by catapulting a pokémon no bigger than it's foot into the stratosphere. He needs to bully those puny baby puppy weaklings until they are no more on more regular intervals.
-Iwane stock footage from later episodes making this one look like discarded meatball sauce, with dirt and bits of dandruf in it. Stock footage: It bites animation directors in the butt.
-Buoysel's ingame cry sounds awesome. Like a lawnmower trying to cut through a bouncy castle!
-Forretress lives. For some random reason, the poor neglected rust bucket let out a very solem 'For....For....' during the closing sponsor. Atta boy Forretress! Show 'em you can still be a winner!

Final verdict: One hell of a snooze fest that could have done with more humour, more decent Brock development, more action, more anything.