• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pinch Healing! (464)

catzisconfus

it was a good episode, but the voice of larvitar bothered me, it was just the voice of some kid and it was pretty obvious -.-
also, the carvanha(or however you spell it) were jumping out of the water in slow motion to give ash enough time to call for his sceptile?? /facepalm
i cant wait for the next episode, i think ash will have his rematch :)

*starts next episode*

;)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Such a horrid Filler, right before the biggest battle of the arc too. I thought that Corphish and Sceptile were getting some nice training in right before Brock discovered the dazed Nurse Joy, who apparently had some sort of flu (Swinub Flu maybe?). Prof. Oak being involved in the whole scene with Nurse Joy in bed was awkward, I don't even remember why he was there at that Pokemon Center in the first place. The whole chain of events with Gloom surprising Electrode who then rolled and hit the mini-van was just an odd way of getting the plot moving :S

Ash and Brock helping the van and the Pokemon inside it was no surprise since they love Pokemon, but that Bagon was getting on my nerves since it was too identical to the one we met in Hoenn. At least May and Max got some time for themselves, but the Whismur Max was tending to was TOO big. At least 4 times the normal size. I really liked the Larvitar May was attending, it was anti-social but so cute (attacking May with Sandstorm lol). I thought that Brock looked so cute holding that Wooper in his hands though, and then seeing Scott working on the van was something new, since the story didn't center around a BF battle, I was surprised to see him in this episode.

Ash and that other guy having to chase down Bagon in the canyon was painful to watch since Ash always seems to have his hands full when it come to Pokemon like Bagon. Though apparently Bagon got some of that Swinub Flu too and was in a hospital bed while everyone worried about it but on the bright side Nurse Joy made a swift recovery. Team Rocket's scheme was ruined once again by Pikachu and things went back to normal with Bagon also recovering. Kinda bland and Filler-y, 6.5/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Not the greatest episode really, the other hospital one where Ash, Misty, Brock and TR had to be doctors was a better one. Although it was good the Pokemon were cured and they managed to get them to trust them.

saar

Shiny Flygon
I loved to see Ash training his pokemon in the begining of the episode, Sceptile got some screentime. It was very funny to see how Bagon butted in Ash, it reminded me how Treecko and Turtwig have done aswell.
And Larvitar was so cute May should have took it lol...

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Nice filler... focus on breeding is good to see

Weekly rambling, start!

-Same old valley we've been in for the past few eps. Ash is seen out in the Pokemon Center's battle field, with Aipom, Sceptile, Corphish, and Pikachu out of their Pokeballs. The animators seem to have settled on Aipom's size as "huge", since it's half the height of Sceptile.
-Ash has them use their typical long range moves(Swift, Bullet Seed, Bubblebeam, and Thunderbolt) to knock over bowling pins.
-Scene change to Brock. He's in a pink apron and saying something about Joy, when...he hears Chansey let out a surprised noise from the kitchen. Brock goes to investigate, and...Joy has collapsed!
-As Brock takes a look at the ill Joy, he lets out his last words(before the intro, that is):"joy-san... JOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOYYYYYyyyyy SAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaNNNNNNNNN!!!"
-Back in Joy's bedroom, Ash & tag-alongs, along with Oak and Chansey, are gathered around Joy's bed. Max mentions something about all the battles that have taken place in the past few eps, Oak says something, and right after that Joy sits up and mentions something about her Pokemon Center, but some coughing from her prompts Oak to ease her back into laying down.
-Ash and May apparently volenteer to help out, and of course Brock does too(with Max having a PRICELESS facial expression throughout Brock's mini-speech).
-Cut to TR, and...they're talking about Harley and his Cacturne? They come to a fork in the road after a bit and Jessie throws a stick to decide which way to go, but...it hits a Diglett! And a Gloom...who then lets out a foul smell which reaches an Electrode in a tree(?!?), who falls down(HOW DID IT GET UP THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!) and rolls down a slope and onto a road, and then into the path of a bus, but Electrode safely lands on the bus's hood, only causing a small explosion in the process.
-We cut back to Oak and May in Joy's room, when Max runs in with news of the mountain accident! They run out to the lobby and discuss some things with Ash and Brock.
-Ash and Brock arrive on the scene and start herding the Pokemon(a Wooper, Seedot, Swinub, Whismur, Larvitar, and Makuhita) into the car(are we to assume Oak drove?), Scott hooks the bus to the car(the driving seemed to be by a sane driver so he DEFINITLY wasn't the one who drove!), and two Fearow fly by. A Bagon that just so happens to be standing on the...fence?...next to the edge of the cliff, May 'dexes it, and TR's still on the ledge they were at earlier. Meowth gives a breech speech about the injured Pokemon's evolution lines, and you can pretty much guess what they decide after that.
-COTD calls Bagon to him, and it starts to come, but it gets distracted by a Butterfree(you know, what with those eyes and those wings and such). COTD runs after it, but the rest of the injured Pokemon won't let there be any peace if he goes too far away. He runs after Bagon anyway, with Ash following.
-Bagon tries out the old "maybe if I jump high enough and flap my arms, I'll FLY 8D" trick from a random small slope, but the laws of physics don't agree and it ends up obeying gravity after all. Ash approaches it and asks if it's okay, but right as COTD tells him not to do that...BAM! Ash gets a headbutt for his troubles and Bagon runs off.
-Ash and COTD talk about something, and COTD mentions Bagon's evolutions(don't tell me Ash forgot about why Bagon jumps off cliffs...wait, nevermind. This IS Pokemon we're talking about).
-Back in the Pokemon center, Max is feeding Makuhita and Whismur, and...wait. Wait a damn minute. WHISMUR'S BIGGER THAN MAX. Is Kanto the land of Steroid Enhanced Pokemon or something?! Whismur cries(possibly due to being unnaturally big) and Max tries to calm it down with Pokeblocks, but Whismur ain't buying that shizz! Max then pets Whismur(revealing its earholes, which look out of place since A)They're not really ON its ears and B)Most pokemon's ears are assumed to have invisible holes) and manages to feed it some Pokeblocks.
-Slightly far away from Max is May, who's playing catch with Swinub and Seedot. May notices Larvitar watching them from behind a generic cylinder and goes over to invite it to play, but she makes the fatal mistake of making contact with it, resulting in her getting a faceful of Sandstorm.
-Elsewhere, Brock heals a wound on Wooper's tail with Marshtomp's Water Gun(Water Absorb! Yay?), and after that Oak launches into a speech about something, ending with Brock agreeing to something.
-In another Elsewhere, Scott's fixing the engine of the bus, and Jindai's!referee walks into the garage, and they talk about Jindai for a bit.
-In a third Elsewhere, Ash and COTD are still looking for Bagon, and are lead to it by its (rather loud) cries. That there dragon's on a cliff above a river! It tries the "maybe if I jump high enough and flap my arms, I'll FLY 8D" trick again(perhaps thinking it simply wasn't high enough last time), and it fails again, thus causing it to fall into the river. And not only can it not fly, but it can't swim either!
-Ash shouts to it from the riverside(since apparently he can't swim either), and Bagon hits a rock and manages to hold on long enough to climb onto it. But it's attacked by the Bedrill of the Water(sometimes referred to as Carvanha), which are obviously planning to rip away its flesh strip by strip, but Ash prevents that with a Thunderbolt from Pikachu. Another wave of The Fishies comes, but Ash throws a HUGE log with his skinny arms and it manages to land in the right spot for Bagon to escape. But wait! The Fishies start gnawing at the log(what are they, The Angry Beavers?), and since Bagon would prefer for its feet to remain intact it steps back. Ash sends out Sceptile, which lands on the side of the log furthest from land, deflecting The Fishies and launching Bagon into the air. But of course COTD catches it before it becomes a Pancakegon.
-Right then, Bagon goes through what should be hours of biological activity in five seconds and becomes sick.
-Back at the Pokemon Center, Joy apologizes for not having a magical immune system that makes sure she never becomes sick ever, May and Oak say some words of encouragement, and...Larvitar's peeking in from behind the (open) door. Oak approaches it, and Larivtar acts like any good child would when approached by a strange old man - it yells and Sandstorms him. Then Max comes back acting as messanger again, this time with news of Bagon's sudden illness.
-Bagon goes to the emergency room, COTD is worried about it, and night falls.
-It's feeding time again, and as Max pets Whismur to get it to eat its food, COTD comments on that, making Max embarassed. It seems that the Pokemon trust Max and May now - even Larvitar's willing to eat with May nearby. (in one shot following this, the triangles/lines going from the bottom of Larvitar's eyes are noticably uneven. The more useless info you know~)
-Just then...TR appears, claiming to be Pokemon Suke...suketto...huh? ...Pokemon Somethings. They load the Pokemon into a cart despite COTD's protests. Then smoke shoots out of a hole in the was-a-cart-now-a-box, which...bah, you know what they'll do now. I HOPE.
-Brock informs Oak of what just happened, but Bagon becomes unstable right then. Brock tries to do something, but then...
-Joy's back! And it seems she's better now.
-Ash & co. chase after TR, who have already gotten into their balloon. Ash starts to order a Thunderbolt, but...the Pokemon are still in the box! Ash can't very well electricute the Pokemon he's out to save(although Larvitar and Swinub should be fine if we ignore the fact that the anime likes to ignore type immunities at times), so all he can do is be angry at TR.
-Max gets an idea which is telepathically transmitted to May, who orders Larvitar to use Sandstorm! TR's naturally ****** off at the resulting balloon landing and Pokemon's release from the box(angry Manene's face is priceless!), but this doesn't last long as Pikachu Explosion...er, Volt Tackles them into the stratosphere. EVERYTHING explodes, ya know. It's a fact of physics.
-Bagon's not at risk of death anymore, a night passes, the bus is fixed, Larvitar's grown attached to May and Whismur to Max, yadda yadda.
-Ash (assumedly)congratulates Bagon on getting better(since it had a choice in the matter!), and the little dragon runs in for a headbutt! Ash prepares for impact, but...Bagon's simply glomping him!
-The bus leaves as the Pokemon shout what probably translates to "Don't forget us! Be sure to mail us presents!", and Jindai's!referee comes running. Apparently Jindai's back, and mentions something about a Pokemon capture(!). And thus the ep ends.

To me, that expression said "If I have to put up with this any longer I am going to kill him!"

Did no one notice how the CotD looked similar to Brandon's assistant/referee?

[IMG139]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/000284.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/000291.jpg[/IMG139]

The clones strike again!

Wow, they do look similar! I never noticed that till now!

This episode was cute!

It had some really adorable Pokemon in it! (especially Bagon and Larvitar! Awwwwww!)

Speaking of Larvitar, It's voice was odd at first (It did sound like it was done by a little kid!) but it was kind of cute once you got used to it.

Yeah, that Whismur was waaaaaaaay too big!

To everyone who said that May/Max/Ash should have kept the Pokemon they were "closest" too, remember, they belonged to someone else already.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was interesting to see a very sick Nurse Joy during an episode. It was disappointing to see no love action between Brock and Nurse Joy. It was cool to see a Larvitar again, and May bonding with it. The Whismur was huge that Max was with. It was cool to see Ash having his Pokemon training and practicing with Bowling Pins.

20/100

Vernikova

Champion
An average episode. The Bagon reference from early Hoenn and the shy Larvitar were cool things to see if you connect the dots I suppose.

NPT

Just a member
I enjoyed this episode. It was nice of the group to help the sick Nurse Joy out. Ash lifting that huge log was cool, who knew he has that strong? xD.

Music-wise, the dub of this episode was better than the previous episode. TPCi kept some Japanese music we don't hear in the dub too often. The movie 2 piece when Bagon was being taken into the Pokémon Center, the piece that plays right after Pikachu blasts Team Rocket off... I don't think the dub ever used these pieces until now.

Last edited:
It was an alright episode on my second watch through.
Similar to that one episode back in the OS where they were helping at the hospital.,

JudySpell

Banned
Darn that Bagon would've been perfect for Ash and he should've snagged the thing. I enjoyed how Joy fell ill and Ash's pals helped out. 6.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Team Rocket causing the accident was ironic and I thought that the Whismur was too big ha ha. ^^; I liked seeing Brock step up to take care of nurse Joy's job while she was sick.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This was a cute episode. Everyone was doing something different, so we got to see a lot of wacky crap. I think if anyone should have gotten one of these Pokemon, May should have gotten Larvitar. :x

Alloutℯ

Banned
Ash's voice and/or Sarah's acting sounded slightly off in this episode. But I'm glad that Ash's voice wasn't as bad as it was during the episodes "Overjoyed" and "The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing".

Leonhart

Imagineer
Musashi's stick inadvertently causing the Marumine to land on Mike's bus was humorous, and Joi falling ill at such a critical time at least allowed Takeshi to take Joi's place as the Pokemon Center's doctor. It seems like we got a callback to Satoshi's Yogiras since the one here was also shy, and Tatsubay was a handful since it kept leaping off high places.

Daizy

I call you honey
Looks like the AG saga was making all Bagons the same because all they want to do is be able to evolve and fly. I could've seen the Larvitar become one of May's Pokemon since it's cute.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode seemed to have inadvertently foreshadowed Takeshi becoming a doctor eventually since he did well when he took over Joi's position as the Pokemon Center's doctor. I almost wish this had been Takeshi's departure episode as a result.